Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Had Watson played in the cold? How has he done?

You don't remember the game two years ago in that rain sleet monsoon when they came up to Cleveland he was bad. Even though it was only one game I saw. If Lamar Jackson can adapt, so can He.

31 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

True or False:

3rd place teams in the same conference play the next year.

Oh boy, its in Houston!

We’ll have to see if he’s still suspended when we play

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Had Watson played in the cold? How has he done?

January 12th in KC count? (39 degrees?)

• 24-0 lead, 388 passing with 2 TDs and 37 yards rushing and a TD

The team fell apart but it was more BOB than Watson.

• At 21-0 BOB refused to go for it on 4th and 1 on the KC 13.
  • At 24-0 Hardman had a 58 yard kick return setting up a short TD
  • At 24-7 BOB went for it on 4th and 4 from the Houston 31
    • fake punt so Watson had nothing to do with it
  • At 24-14 De'Andre Carter fumbled the kickoff
    • 24-21, just like that.
  • 90 yard KC drive makes it 28-24
  • Texans miss a 51 yard FG so its 28-24 at the half.
  • Final score 51 - 31 Chiefs

He also played 2 December games in NY and Philly in 2021. 51 degrees and 44 degrees.

No freezing games yet.

Edited by SkippyX

How can one franchise be so woefully inept.

If they think Watson alone is going to change much of anything, they’re crazy. Also just not a good look for that franchise. They’re crippling themselves in the process, too. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Fully guaranteed seems like an unwise decision. If it took that to get him, the best roster stuff is total BS. Forget the picks.

yep.

imagine guaranteeing an employee with some very questionable legal and moral issues a quarter billion dollars.

dicey move

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

If they think Watson alone is going to change much of anything, they’re crazy. Also just not a good look for that franchise.

Putting the very obvious off the field issues aside, Watson is a top 5-ish QB. WTF are you talking about not changing anything?

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

If they think Watson alone is going to change much of anything, they’re crazy. Also just not a good look for that franchise. They’re crippling themselves in the process, too. 

Have you even taken a peek at that roster?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yep.

imagine guaranteeing an employee with some very questionable legal and moral issues a quarter billion dollars.

dicey move

Of course YOU would never say that, you aren't a franchise who's never been to a Super Bowl. Andrew Berry is tasked with putting the best roster possible to win, he is doing his job, at an elite clip IYAM.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This really is a horrible look for the NFL.  The league is just a bunch of hypocrites.  A player facing 22 civils suits for alleged sexual misconduct will sign a guaranteed contract of $230 million.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm a Browns fan and I hope he gets punished. Need a nice suspension and loss of pay.

I don't know if this exists but I hope he gets put on some mandated program for 2+ years where he has to volunteer his time at abuse center.

1 hour ago, Webmaster said:

Some of the images and discussion are going way out of what is allowed here.  

Members need to remember the forum rules before posting.  

Hi Webby. I’m trying to figure out my new NFL team now that the Browns have traded for a sociopathic predator. I’m thinking about the Bills. Any recommendations?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Have you even taken a peek at that roster?

No, I have no idea who’s on the team. Could you please give me the run down of the projected starters?

There’s more to that team than who they’re fielding at QB. Their culture is horrible. Sounds like a great fit for Watson. 

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm a Browns fan and I hope he gets punished. Need a nice suspension and loss of pay.

I don't know if this exists but I hope he gets put on some mandated program for 2+ years where he has to volunteer his time at abuse center.

Do the NFL investigation results matter?