Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

What is different here is that this public, worth millions for many people, and Watson has some leverage because of what is written  in players agreement.

People are currently outraged about sexual grievances, on the back of the metoo movement. 

I agree in general management arent held to a higher standard, not at any place I have worked.

You will notice in the CBA it says they are held to a higher standard but the document is titled Player discipline and the actual discipline rule only specifies players.

People should always be outraged by sexual misconduct in the workplace. These women have careers and they were doing their job, they shouldn't have to fight someone off at work.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So her son's accounts of her feelings at two different times is 100% accurate and her own accounts of her own feelings are disregarded? That isn't very fair that a third party gets 100% credit for knowing how someone felt and the actual person gets zero. That's crazy. 

Her son didn't account of her feelings. He accounted of words she said. He said she was complimentary of Deshaun and then tried to silence him if he spoke about it. He was not projecting her feelings.

This isn't a "her son vs. her" dispute. She is accusing Deshaun, Deshaun is denying it. A third party (her son) made claims that would call into question the sincerity of her allegation. And it wasn't just "third party" it was someone on HER side. That's not "crazy", that's information. Information is about the only thing we can obtain from stuff like this unless we somehow found video evidence of every single encounter Deshaun has had.

If Deshaun's girlfriend was heard saying anything that would seemingly conflict with Deshaun's stance on a case, would you sit here and try to dismiss it as "third-party doesn't get credit" or would you consider it as additional information that may shed more light on what actually transpired?

34 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Her son didn't account of her feelings. He accounted of words she said. He said she was complimentary of Deshaun and then tried to silence him if he spoke about it. He was not projecting her feelings.

This isn't a "her son vs. her" dispute. She is accusing Deshaun, Deshaun is denying it. A third party (her son) made claims that would call into question the sincerity of her allegation. And it wasn't just "third party" it was someone on HER side. That's not "crazy", that's information. Information is about the only thing we can obtain from stuff like this unless we somehow found video evidence of every single encounter Deshaun has had.

If Deshaun's girlfriend was heard saying anything that would seemingly conflict with Deshaun's stance on a case, would you sit here and try to dismiss it as "third-party doesn't get credit" or would you consider it as additional information that may shed more light on what actually transpired?

First, this is just hearsay. Secondhand hearsay at that. Josina reported that she heard that, not that she knows it to be fact. Treating it like it absolves Watson of any wrongdoing against that woman is just wishful thinking by a fan. People are grasping at anything they hear whether documented, truthful or relevant to try to make Watson look better so they don't seem like hypocrites because they would be bashing him fort this stuff if he played for the Ravens, Steelers or Bengals.

Second, she may have bragged about Watson being her client and not want to mention to her son that he had an erection that he tried to make her touch. I could definitely see a mom not wanting to tell her son about that. Then once it was out there and he knew she was a potential victim there is no longer a need to keep it from him. It all seems very likely to me.

As far as "keeping quiet" it was worded in a way that was drawing your own conclusion from someone other than the person that drew that conclusion so that is absolutely nothing at this moment.

But I get it. He is your starting QB and you want to like him and you want others to like him. I probably won't ever like him. We're just going to have to carry on with that difference. Maybe I get over it and enjoy Browns games with him at QB and maybe I don't. It certainly isn't going to be changed by people who are fighting for him at this moment because they have agendas and I don't. I just want to watch my favorite team and root for them. Right now I can't root for Watson so I hope he gets a lifetime ban and we roll with Brissett until we find a better option. You hope Watson isn't suspended at all because you are ready to root for him now. It all makes sense, we're just not on the same side of the fence at the moment.

My guess is that Watson obviously liked creeping on massage therapists.  He found a bunch that were ok with things that unfolded, based on his celebrity, or the thought that there would be some monetary compensation.  There were a handful that were more than just creeped out, and for that, there should be some sort of punishment.  That is going to happen in the civil court, and very likely in the form of a suspension.  All this is just a guess, and unlike Thomas, who says gun to his head, they are all telling the truth, I would guess it's less than half.  I mean their are bits and pieces of what is true.  However, i think Hardin has coached them up on what to say, in order for everyone to get paid.  But what do I know?  Certainly not more than Jossina...or Thomas......

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

First, this is just hearsay. Secondhand hearsay at that. Josina reported that she heard that, not that she knows it to be fact. Treating it like it absolves Watson of any wrongdoing against that woman is just wishful thinking by a fan. People are grasping at anything they hear whether documented, truthful or relevant to try to make Watson look better so they don't seem like hypocrites because they would be bashing him fort this stuff if he played for the Ravens, Steelers or Bengals.

Second, she may have bragged about Watson being her client and not want to mention to her son that he had an erection that he tried to make her touch. I could definitely see a mom not wanting to tell her son about that. Then once it was out there and he knew she was a potential victim there is no longer a need to keep it from him. It all seems very likely to me.

As far as "keeping quiet" it was worded in a way that was drawing your own conclusion from someone other than the person that drew that conclusion so that is absolutely nothing at this moment.

But I get it. He is your starting QB and you want to like him and you want others to like him. I probably won't ever like him. We're just going to have to carry on with that difference. Maybe I get over it and enjoy Browns games with him at QB and maybe I don't. It certainly isn't going to be changed by people who are fighting for him at this moment because they have agendas and I don't. I just want to watch my favorite team and root for them. Right now I can't root for Watson so I hope he gets a lifetime ban and we roll with Brissett until we find a better option. You hope Watson isn't suspended at all because you are ready to root for him now. It all makes sense, we're just not on the same side of the fence at the moment.

I'm sure any "hearsay" negatively impacting Deshaun would be gobbled up by you on the other hand.

It's not being treated as fact - it's being treated as information. No one here has declared Deshaun is absolved of any wrongdoing against that woman - I'm not sure why that's the crutch you're falling down on. I think people are taking the information that is presented to use and trying to apply it to their understanding of the situation. Likewise, I could say the same about you - you're plugging your ears to any information that run contrary to the idea that Watson might not be the scary monster you've already created him to be.

With your approach, we can't trust ANYTHING. Were you present during the depositions? Maybe the allegations aren't what you think they are. Maybe the transcript of the depositions contained errors. Maybe the media reporting on the court documents were misinformed. Maybe everything you read/heard about Deshaun's alleged interactions are hearsay. Maybe you called Deshaun a serial rapist before and aren't comfortable with the details that have emerged throughout this entire process. Maybe, maybe, maybe - if you're generally this type of person I feel sorry for you, but I think we both know you're taking this approach only because the information at hand is rattling the credibility of one of the women.

But I get it. You're probably emotionally tilted from some personal experience and extremely incapable of processing information that might show that you're wrong about something. I don't like Deshaun myself and believe he should get 8-17 games, but that doesn't mean I'm going to adopt some rudimentary, binary mindset and assume everything alleged against him is fact, while plugging my ears to any information that would assert otherwise. That's madness - I don't see how people live their lives without nuance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

I'm sure any "hearsay" negatively impacting Deshaun would be gobbled up by you on the other hand.

It's not being treated as fact - it's being treated as information. No one here has declared Deshaun is absolved of any wrongdoing against that woman - I'm not sure why that's the crutch you're falling down on. I think people are taking the information that is presented to use and trying to apply it to their understanding of the situation. Likewise, I could say the same about you - you're plugging your ears to any information that run contrary to the idea that Watson might not be the scary monster you've already created him to be.

With your approach, we can't trust ANYTHING. Were you present during the depositions? Maybe the allegations aren't what you think they are. Maybe the transcript of the depositions contained errors. Maybe the media reporting on the court documents were misinformed. Maybe everything you read/heard about Deshaun's alleged interactions are hearsay. Maybe you called Deshaun a serial rapist before and aren't comfortable with the details that have emerged throughout this entire process. Maybe, maybe, maybe - if you're generally this type of person I feel sorry for you, but I think we both know you're taking this approach only because the information at hand is rattling the credibility of one of the women.

But I get it. You're probably emotionally tilted from some personal experience and extremely incapable of processing information that might show that you're wrong about something. I don't like Deshaun myself and believe he should get 8-17 games, but that doesn't mean I'm going to adopt some rudimentary, binary mindset and assume everything alleged against him is fact, while plugging my ears to any information that would assert otherwise. That's madness - I don't see how people live their lives without nuance.

Okay, make this about me like bpp did.

I said the reports that someone told someone else how a third party thought that the alleged victim felt at different times doesn't absolve Watson. I also know that I don't know what happened on each encounter and gun to my head I'd believe any one of dozens of alleged victims over the guy who said he didn't do anything wrong and has never disrespected a woman in his life (an obvious liar).

So yeah, that's what I believe but I'm not posting reports from people saying Watson did this or that and saying it's facts.

And yes, multiple posters have reacted to the report saying she is a liar and have even put numbers to how many other alleged victims are lying to get money.

I don't even know which side I'd rather be lying. It would be a better world if Watson isn't out there doing what the women claimed he did. It would also be a better world if 26 women didn't lie about being sexually abused.

I liked Deshaun before this story came out. I think his punishment should fit the crime. So he gets traded to the Steelers for their next 3 first round picks. That would satisfy me.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I liked Deshaun before this story came out. I think his punishment should fit the crime. So he gets traded to the Steelers for their next 3 first round picks. That would satisfy me.

I hope you get with reality bro. 

ain’t happening 

Watson is here to stay. So whatever dream of you got of us trading him. Let it go…

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

OK, not sure this has been covered.....with the QB position getting square away, Clarity Wise.....I for one am NOT comfortable with going into the season with Dobbs as the Backup...

I do like Brissett, he is one of the top backups/spot starters in the league...but Dobbs is a future OC in the league...not much of a QB IMO....not even when he as at Tenn.....I digress.

Now hear me out.....I for one, was VERY High on a former 1rst round pick who is currently a FA....I think time has humbled and matured him......I am standing on the table right now and STOMPING FOR JOSH ROSEN TO BE SIGNED!!!!!

The year he came out, he was my #2 Prospect on talent, but his attitude was what kept me out on him......give him a year with our coaching staff!!!!!!

Don't want to trade for a QB. I'm cool with Brissett for most of the year.

If we were gonna trade then I'd flip a late round pick to Philly for Gardner Minshew. He's only getting paid 2.5 million. I don't want any part of Garoppolo and his 24 million.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 10:03 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Bro, at some point you are going to have to make a decision either or, after this comes down all ships are sailing ahead and I for one am not going to tolerate any b*tching or bickering about anything that happened previously from this. If you don't feel comfortable rooting for the team, find a new team, flat out.

Some of us are Browns fans through and through and want to see every other team have to eat crow because we are kicking a** and taking names week to week. Either way this ship is moving forward and it will continue to move with or without you.

And FYI I definitely don't support what Watson did, and if he did anything that violated women, he should be held accountable at the highest level, that being said I'm all for Watson being the QB of my team (which feels weird saying) as opposed to what we had previously at QB. I guess my thirst for making other fanbases pay for all of the snarky, condescending, snively remarks on our way to a championship (which may or may not happen) drives my excitement for this situation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, at some point you are going to have to make a decision either or, after this comes down all ships are sailing ahead and I for one am not going to tolerate any b*tching or bickering about anything that happened previously from this. If you don't feel comfortable rooting for the team, find a new team, flat out.

Some of us are Browns fans through and through and want to see every other team have to eat crow because we are kicking a** and taking names week to week. Either way this ship is moving forward and it will continue to move with or without you.

And FYI I definitely don't support what Watson did, and if he did anything that violated women, he should be held accountable at the highest level, that being said I'm all for Watson being the QB of my team (which feels weird saying) as opposed to what we had previously at QB. I guess my thirst for making other fanbases pay for all of the snarky, condescending, snively remarks on our way to a championship (which may or may not happen) drives my excitement for this situation. 

Shouldn't you'll tolerate whatever other Browns fans throw at you if you are a true fan through and through?

• Like 1