Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

28 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

We would probably have only rolled with Mayfield 1 more year.

Probably, but then we do what, draft someone in the mid 1st next year?

Had we not traded for WAtson I wanted to trade down from 13 and get another 2023 1st to go after a QB next draft.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

BJ Goodson, Malcolm Smith, TakiTaki (yuck)

Garrett, Ogunjobi, Richardson, Vernon (decent but they were underwhelming)

Ward, Kevin Johnson, Karl Joseph, Ronnie Harrison, Redwine (not good at coverage minus Ward)

Yeah, if we perform equally to the 2020 offense with our current defense we should easily improve on 2020's record. If we score 48 offensive TDs and turn it over 16 times with our defense I'd guess 14 wins. Remember we were outscored that year when we were 14th in the league in scoring and ran the ball 500 times. That's a pretty poor defensive performance.

Soft schedule.  Wont be this year doesnt seem.  Schedule matters

Edited by duke2056

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I like very few NFL players, they come across as greedy and entitled. I have had a like/loathe relationship with Baker, I didn't want him in 2018. I like the team, I like the sport, the fact that you and I have made just shy of 40k posts between us it shows that this is more than people throwing a ball, it is nearly a religion for us, and if it is a religion or something like that the QB is the high priest, I like my priests not sexually assaulting people.  

Nick Chubb is my favorite player I have liked him since week 1 of 2018.  I like him as a person, I like the way he plays, he seems like a good due. 

Nick Chubb a good person? You are guessing. You don’t know if Chubb is a good person. Neither do I. Only people that are close to him do. Texans fans thought Watson was a good A+ person, but they were wrong. People thought Baker was a good person… but apparently there tons of dirt on him as well. 

Most NFL players are dirtbags. If you care about watching good people play one another, it’s probably not the sport for you. You should care about winning a Super Bowl. If you trying to make sure all 53 guys on your team are A+ characters and squeaky clean, you are never going to win the Super Bowl. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Nick Chubb a good person? You are guessing. You don’t know if Chubb is a good person. Neither do I. Only people that are close to him do. Texans fans thought Watson was a good A+ person, but they were wrong. People thought Baker was a good person… but apparently there tons of dirt on him as well. 

I assume he is a good dude, he certainly comes across that way. He could be put fighting children, but I doubt  it.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Most NFL players are dirtbags. If you care about watching good people play one another, it’s probably not the sport for you. You should care about winning a Super Bowl. If you trying to make sure all 53 guys on your team are A+ characters and squeaky clean, you are never going to win the Super Bowl. 

The sport is bigger than the sport. 

The nfl has a huge optics problem at the moment. 

Ridley suspended for a year for gambling, maimi owner no harm for paying flores to lose. 

Washington football team, known issues of massive sexual misconduct, nothing for the owner, and now deshaun is in the same boat. 

Really a league of rules for thee but not for me

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I assume he is a good dude, he certainly comes across that way. He could be put fighting children, but I doubt  it.

The sport is bigger than the sport. 

Morality or winning. Choose one. You’ll never get both in this league. 

1 minute ago, Here'sJim said:

I mean, the Bengals aren't embroiled in any major moral controversies, and they are pretty good...

You simply don’t know that though is the point. You don’t know any of them personally at all. More NFL players are dirtbags than not. They just are not flaunting their dirty laundry for the public to see. 

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You simply don’t know that though is the point. You don’t know any of them personally at all. More NFL players are dirtbags than not. They just are not flaunting their dirty laundry for the public to see. 

It is sort of wild to me how many other athletes are overlooking everything with Watson. You have all these Falcons/Saints players salivating over trying to recruit him, athletes from other sports celebrating the trade, ect.

None of them seem to care about the other side of the coin in whats going on.

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How do you know the ratio of dirt bags (more players than not)? You don't know that either. Anyways, we are talking about organizational decisions aren't we?

A franchise can easily avoid taking on people with extremely controversial pasts and still win. Yes, there are players with questionable behavior that get signed, but no one on this forum is saying "only play choir boys". It's the sexual predators, spouse abusers, and other morally reprehensible people that some would like the organization to have a hard stance on. It's not hard to do...

Edited by Here'sJim

People like to keep their jobs, so they are willing to go get these guys.

Ownership likes money, wins=money, so ownership is also on board.  

The fans like wins, and people lose their jobs when the fans arent happy.

Everyone is to blame.  It is what it is.

Edited by duke2056

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It is sort of wild to me how many other athletes are overlooking everything with Watson. You have all these Falcons/Saints players salivating over trying to recruit him, athletes from other sports celebrating the trade, ect.

None of them seem to care about the other side of the coin in whats going on.

Because most come from the same coin. I’m not saying they have assaulted 22 women, but they see nothing wrong with it and have done tons of dirty/shady stuff themselves. This is what people are not understanding. If you looking for a team of morality of 53 entire people in professional sports, you’ll never win a championship. 

NFL players have the most testosterone of most human beings on the earth due to such high muscle mass + youth. With that comes aggression, wreck-less decision making, and egotism. 

Also this goes for a lot of pro sports. Look at LeBron supporting this. Most of you love this guy when he is the biggest hypocrite in the history of professional sports, by far. LeBron is a dirtbag on legs and has no moral compass. He will defend and support China to the death for example, never criticize them what so ever. When the Rockets GM said “Stand with Hong Kong”, a CORRECT statement because of the injustices going on over there, LeBron was FURIOUS and basically told him to mind his own business. Why!??? $$$$$$$$$. That’s why. China is a huge huge huge market, bigger than the U.S. LeBron doesn’t give a rats *** about injustices or social issues. He cares about money. 

Most sports players are not what they seem. You don’t personally know any of them. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because most come from the same coin. I’m not saying they have assaulted 22 women, but they see nothing wrong with it and have done tons of dirty/shady stuff themselves. This is what people are not understanding. If you looking for a team of morality of 53 entire people in professional sports, you’ll never win a championship. 

NFL players have the most testosterone of most human beings on the earth due to such high muscle mass + youth. With that comes aggression, wreck-less decision making, and egotism. 

Also this goes for a lot of pro sports. Look at LeBron supporting this. Most of you love this guy when he is the biggest hypocrite in the history of professional sports, by far. LeBron is a dirtbag on legs and has no moral compass. He will defend and support China to the death for example, never criticize them what so ever. When the Rockets GM said “Stand with Hong Kong”, a CORRECT statement because of the injustices going on over there, LeBron was FURIOUS and basically told him to mind his own business. Why!??? $$$$$$$$$. That’s why. China is a huge huge huge market, bigger than the U.S. LeBron doesn’t give a rats *** about injustices or social issues. He cares about money. 

Most sports players are not what they seem. You don’t personally know any of them. 

Calling Lebron a dirtbag is a bit of a stretch.  He's surely done some annoying things and whatnot, but dirtbag?  He does more good on a monthly basis than most of us have in our lives, so what are we??

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Look at LeBron supporting this. Most of you love this guy when he is the biggest hypocrite in the history of professional sports, by far. LeBron is a dirtbag on legs and has no moral compass. He will defend and support China to the death for example, never criticize them what so ever. When the Rockets GM said “Stand with Hong Kong”, a CORRECT statement because of the injustices going on over there, LeBron was FURIOUS and basically told him to mind his own business. Why!??? $$$$$$$$$. That’s why. China is a huge huge huge market, bigger than the U.S. LeBron doesn’t give a rats *** about injustices or social issues. He cares about money. 

This is all absolutely true