Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I am sure you all have seen this, but if not, a little ammo when people clown on yalls due diligence:

Advised by whom? The NFL? Who is investigating? The trade happened after the majority of criminal cases ended without an indictment.

Sounds like it may be a case of advising themselves not to do it.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Advised by whom? The NFL? Who is investigating? The trade happened after the majority of criminal cases ended without an indictment.

Sounds like it may be a case of advising themselves not to do it.

Advised by the team's attorneys during the investigation.

Maybe it's BS, but that's what Berry said during the press conference.

10 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Zero 0% plausibility in some eyes...

I'd hate to think 22 women are lying, but false accusations do happen, unfortunately. I certainly hope Watson is innocent, but we'll likely never know with absolute certainty. I think there's a good chance that he likely did something that at least approached "creepy" territory, but I can't say for sure. Whatever the truth is, it's ugly. Either he committed some heinous acts or those women are lying - either one would be disgusting.

The same people who are 100% convinced of Watson's guilt also likely totally bought into the Duke and University of Virginia rape scandals...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd hate to think 22 women are lying, but false accusations do happen, unfortunately. I certainly hope Watson is innocent, but we'll likely never know with absolute certainty. I think there's a good chance that he likely did something that at least approached "creepy" territory, but I can't say for sure. Whatever the truth is, it's ugly. Either he committed some heinous acts or those women are lying - either one would be disgusting.

The same people who are 100% convinced of Watson's guilt also likely totally bought into the Duke and University of Virginia rape scandals...

I mean he definitely traveled around to these IG women's work places and tried to make a move on some of them. Probably thinking since he is who he is that he could score easily.

The question is how far did it go when he propositioned them.

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Advised by the team's attorneys during the investigation.

Maybe it's BS, but that's what Berry said during the press conference.

During what investigation? The investigation ended before it was brought to the grand jury. Certainly was over after they didn't find enough evidence. Was there another investigation or is that just their out for not trying to know what they don't want to know?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Zero 0% plausibility in some eyes...

🙋‍♂️

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yes. Either would be absolutely disgusting.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

I know you're a better critical thinker than this. Nothing makes sense in unless he did it. No one scours the Internet for attractive non-massage therapists who is not trying something. Just the one text that got out about him apologizing dirt being a creep said he's at least guilty of impropriety. His cagey energy in the press conference reeks of guilt. I half-expected loud swallowing and tugging at his collar. That's after a year of the best legal team money can buy coaching him from every angle. 100% guilty. The video on this article is spot on and it really doesn't f go as hard at Deshaun as he deserves:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/25/the-browns-may-have-to-eventually-cut-baker-mayfield-and-then-watch-him-land-in-pittsburgh/

Watson seems more clearly guilty than Big Ben (who I also believe is guilty). 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean he definitely traveled around to these IG women's work places and tried to make a move on some of them. Probably thinking since he is who he is that he could score easily.

The question is how far did it go when he propositioned them.

Bad look

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I know you're a better critical thinker than this. Nothing makes sense in unless he did it. No one scours the Internet for attractive non-massage therapists who is not trying something. Just the one text that got out about him apologizing dirt being a creep said he's at least guilty of impropriety. His cagey energy in the press conference reeks of guilt. I half-expected loud swallowing and tugging at his collar. That's after a year of the best legal team money can buy coaching him from every angle. 100% guilty. The video on this article is spot on and it really doesn't f go as hard at Deshaun as he deserves:

Like I said, I think he's probably guilty of likely being a creep at least. Could he be guilty of more than that? Absolutely. I'm just not 100% convinced.

I don't think it's fair to criticize how he acted in the press conference. I think most people are going to come across as being slightly awkward if they're participating in a press conference and are being asked about sexual assault allegations. Innocent or guilty, that's an uncomfortable thing to discuss in a room with the media involved. Hell, some people are bad at public speaking period, let alone if they are well aware that the general public thinks they're some sort of sexual deviant.

Edit: And that doesn't change what I said. Most people thought the men involved with the Duke and Virginia cases were totally guilty. That is, until the evidence (or lack thereof) totally exonerated them.

Edited by DawgX

I think it’s worth considering not only the volume of accusers but the fact that there are 22 different women in a short time period giving him a “massage.” This one isn’t hard to figure out. If you have a good masseuse, wouldn’t you just go back to that person unless something weird happened that would make you not want to? Absolute minimum this is a creepy dude that has done creepy stuff, stuff I just don’t care to be attached to as a fan. At most he is a felon. My hunch is he was trying to get aroused as much as possible when the bonuses weren’t a guarantee/tried his coercive shot. And that he is a horny dude that would get carried away even when women weren’t about it, fading passed a gray area. I think he assumed that because he was Deshaun Watson he was just going to get willing HJs and BJs from these women. Until the allegations came out, my hunch is that he would not have thought anything about a sexual assault or anything. I think that he thinks what he did was OK in these situations and not criminal. I don’t think he ever went to any of these appointments by any means with it in mind that he was going to sexually assault somebody. The things he did were well past what’s OK or legal though, whether or not he intended them.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think it’s worth considering not only the volume of accusers but the fact that there are 22 different women in a short time period giving him a “massage.” This one isn’t hard to figure out. If you have a good masseuse, wouldn’t you just go back to that person unless something weird happened that would make you not want to? Absolute minimum this is a creepy dude that has done creepy stuff, stuff I just don’t care to be attached to as a fan. At most he is a felon. My hunch is he was trying to get aroused as much as possible when the bonuses weren’t a guarantee/tried his coercive shot. And that he is a horny dude that would get carried away even when women weren’t about it, fading passed a gray area. I think he assumed that because he was Deshaun Watson he was just going to get willing HJs and BJs from these women. Until the allegations came out, my hunch is that he would not have thought anything about a sexual assault or anything. I think that he thinks what he did was OK in these situations and not criminal. I don’t think he ever went to any of these appointments by any means with it in mind that he was going to sexually assault somebody. The things he did were well past what’s OK or legal though, whether or not he intended them.

Totally plausible, IMO. It seems like some famous people just assume people will want to **** them just because they are famous.

31 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like I said, I think he's probably guilty of likely being a creep at least. Could he be guilty of more than that? Absolutely. I'm just not 100% convinced.

I was more responding to comparing it to those other two sets of allegations. I don't think anyone is jumping to conclusions with Deshaun and running from a headline alone, as essentially happened with those other two scandals. Also, the quantity of separate allegations matters. After all this time they haven't really touched the credibility of the women, which if it was a big conspiracy we would expect to see it unravel (like with witnesses messing up key timelines and being caught in lies etc.). 

Him paying women to professionally massage him, flying them out and then putting them in a precarious position is beyond creep. It's an actual crime. Coming sense says if there were 22 allegations that there were likely many more who didn't come forward. We'll likely never know that part, of course. 

His attorney acknowledged he had sexual contact with some of the women. Let's not mince words: he was using his position to try to trick women into massaging him and then pressuring (some were likely into it) them into sex. 

He was smart enough not to have too much of a text trail, but he still slipped up enough with that one so we know he was pushy/aggressive at least once. This is important because he said in his press conference he did nothing wrong and that they all lied, which they did not. He lied.

I don't think it's fair to criticize how he acted in the press conference. I think most people are going to come across as being slightly awkward if they're participating in a press conference and are being asked about sexual assault allegations. Innocent or guilty, that's an uncomfortable thing to discuss in a room with the media involved. Hell, some people are bad at public speaking period, let alone if they are well aware that the general public thinks they're some sort of sexual deviant.

I generally agree with this statement, but I stand by what I said. Here's another video of him:

Edit: And that doesn't change what I said. Most people thought the men involved with the Duke and Virginia cases were totally guilty. That is, until the evidence (or lack thereof) totally exonerated them.

Yeah, but I didn't have an opinion on it because on the Duke case it was one person and I didn't see any evidence. I feel 100% confident (through just looking at the details) that he did some illegal, creepy stuff so I disagree with your earlier statement lumping the situations together. They're pretty different. And fwiw, the Duke girl was a stripper. Some of these women weren't even massage therapists and he was arranging to meet them. Why so many women?

• Like 1