Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What about offering Adams close to 150/5 told you that?

Gutes and Ball are smokin' Cubans and drinkin' fine bourbon to celebrate pulling off the public perception that they would give out that contract. They hit the agent with the old 'if I could, would ya' after Adams mind was already made up to leave and the agent was glad to fan the flames of the facade.     

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Genuinely serious, how many NFL WRs do you think are in the NFC right now?

I think it varies per team if you're asking about NFL "quality" WRs. For instance, I was around when people here were trying to convince me Geronimo Allison could be our No. 2 WR in 2018. Fast forward two years and the guy was virtually out of football. I suspect we'll see something similar happen with Lazard in a few years. MVS will hang around because of his speed and the role he can play as a Ted Ginn type.

Gute has made a lot of good moves as a GM. Finding/signing quality talent at WR isn't one of them. 

19 minutes ago, R T said:

There are only so many roster spots and the Packers are only carrying 5 WR's, 6 tops. Whether you want to count them as 1.5 or not they are 3 roster spots and Amari Rodgers isn't going anywhere, so that is 4. The 5th and if there is a 6th, they will need to excel on ST's, you can bet the new ST's coach will have a say in who those guys are. 

From a roster construction standpoint, a team really only has room for one old washed up, injury prone WR who doesn't play any ST and the Packers are locked into Cobb as that guy. So it feels like you are top heavy with guy who can only play from scrimmage and that is probably not realistic.      

This is fair. I don't think the Mock necessarily comes to fruition. It's what I would do given the current resources presented. We're in an offensive arms race with Tampa and LA and I think we need a lot of help there. Guys like Cobb and Lazard don't move the needle for me other than backend roster players, with, like you said, no ST upside.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is fair. I don't think the Mock necessarily comes to fruition. It's what I would do given the current resources presented. We're in an offensive arms race with Tampa and LA and I think we need a lot of help there. Guys like Cobb and Lazard don't move the needle for me other than backend roster players, with, like you said, no ST upside.

I don't think you necessarily need to join the offensive arms race. Build up the front 7, primarily on the DL, and then win through superior defense with a good offense. Both the LAR and TB offensive lines took hits so you can counter the WR escalation by just getting in Stafford and Brady's faces immediately.

Edited by Striker
typing is hard
  • Like 1

Just now, Striker said:

I don't think you necessarily need to join the offensive arms race. Build up the front 7, primarily on the DL, and then win through superior defense with a good offense. Both the LAR and TB offensive lines hits so you can counter the WR escalation by just getting in Stafford and Brady's face immediately.

That's certainly possible. At the very least, we'll have the 3-headed monster at CB.

Is it really that big of a stretch to think we'll get 1-2  FA WR and a high draft pick at WR? I get we don't address WR often, but the chicken has came home to roost with the Adams trade, we need vets and a young guy to develop for the future, I don't mind us going heavy at WR. We already have a good defense, why not begin restocking the room now?

Edited by Gopackgonerd

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think it varies per team if you're asking about NFL "quality" WRs. For instance, I was around when people here were trying to convince me Geronimo Allison could be our No. 2 WR in 2018. Fast forward two years and the guy was virtually out of football. I suspect we'll see something similar happen with Lazard in a few years. MVS will hang around because of his speed and the role he can play as a Ted Ginn type.

Gute has made a lot of good moves as a GM. Finding/signing quality talent at WR isn't one of them. 

Stop ducking the question.

These are the top 3 WRs for the NFC East teams.

Commanders:

Terry McClaurin

Cam Sims

Adam Humphries

Giants:

Kenny Golladay

Kadarius Toney

Sterling Shepard

Eagles:

Devonta Smith

Jalen Raegor

Quez Watkins

Cowboys:

Ceedee Lamb

Michael Gallup

Noah Brown

How many of these guys are NFL Receivers?

Edited by AlexGreen#20

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Is it really that big of a stretch to think we'll get 1-2  FA WR and a high draft pick at WR? I get we don't address WR often, but the chicken has came home to roost with the Adams trade, we need vets and a young guy to develop for the future, I don't mind us going heavy at WR. We already have a good defense, why not begin restocking the room now?

It's only a stretch because you basically have Cobb and, in theory, Rodgers locked in. Assuming Lazard isn't randomly cut, you then have 3 slots to fill and you'll need at least one of those to play ST since Cobb and Rodgers will only be returners and Lazard only played 5 percent of the special teams snaps last season. Honestly, three draft picks make a lot more sense than any free agents.

Not saying that I agree with that but it's where they are because they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Cobb

Edited by Striker

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Commanders:

Terry McClaurin

Cam Sims

Adam Humphries

Giants:

Kenny Golladay

Kadarius Toney

Sterling Shepard

Eagles:

Devonta Smith

Jalen Raegor

Quez Watkins

Cowboys:

Ceedee Lamb

Michael Gallup

Noah Brown

I hate Quez Watkins.

Or I hate Jalen Hurts. Not really sure which is more to blame.

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

It's only a stretch because you basically have Cobb and, in theory, Rodgers locked in. Assuming Lazard isn't randomly cut, you then have 3 slots to fill and you'll need at least one of those to play ST since Cobb and Rodgers will only be returners and Lazard only played 5 percent of the special teams snaps last season. Honestly, three draft picks make a lot more sense than any free agents.

Not saying that I agree with that but it's where they are because they've kind of painted themselves into a corner with Cobb

At least 1 vet is probably needed though so maybe Rodgers can gel with them faster than a bunch of  rooks. If we have one last window to win a SB we kinda need at least an established guy, doesn't even have to be Julio.  I think Lazard would be willing to play ST's too if need be

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Commanders:

Terry McClaurin

Cam Sims

Adam Humphries

Giants:

Kenny Golladay

Kadarius Toney

Sterling Shepard

Eagles:

Devonta Smith

Jalen Raegor

Quez Watkins

Cowboys:

Ceedee Lamb

Michael Gallup

Noah Brown

Well 3 of those teams suck, but you have McLaurin, Golladay (when healthy) as upper tier guys, Smith appears to be decent after one year, Toney and Reagor probably rank as incomplete, Shepherd is average-good as is Humphries, bottom tier/fringe guys would be Sims and Watkins, but frankly haven't watched much of either guy.

Dallas, a better team, has Lamb and Gallup, a solid 1-2 combo and just signed James Washington, a decent 3 guy. 

If you want to go to the next division just do the good teams and we can compare to our group. Frankly none of us should care about non contenders because those aren't the teams we'll see in January.