Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

JuJu got a 1 year, 10.75 million dollar contract, that the Chiefs used his injury last year to load up with laughably easy incentives to push the bulk of his contract to next year. He didn't sign a 1/3 deal. Characterizing it like that is idiotic.

Why would Julio take a 1 year deal? Especially a deal that's for essentially 1/11.

Why would Tonyan take a 1 year deal for Peanuts? The TE market looks like he's going to get between 8-11.

MVS is reported to be in the market between 7-9.

Hooper just got 1 for 6 and he's not coming off an ACL. 

I originally had MVS at 7.5 and then saw the Juju news as I was typing. Maybe we give a similar incentivized deal to MVS. I'd be cool with that.

Julio got a 1 deal because frankly I don't think anyone is going to offer him multi year one given his recent setbacks. Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, Jaire_Island said:

I like to add Cole Beasely to start with

Of course you do. 

Anytime you can sign a guy who last year:

• Didn't have a single completion of 30 yards or longer.
  • Had a Y/Target < 7
  • Had a Y/Completion < 9
  • Had a 1st Down Conversion Rate below 50%
  • Scored 1 TD
  • Had a YAC/R < 4
  • Is going to be 33 years old
  • Is incredibly undersized and can't block for ****

You've got to do it, right?

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hooper just got 1 for 6 and he's not coming off an ACL. 

I originally had MVS at 7.5 and then saw the Juju news as I was typing. Maybe we give a similar incentivized deal to MVS. I'd be cool with that.

Julio got a 1 deal because frankly I don't think anyone is going to offer him multi year one given his recent setbacks. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hooper's last two years:

29 games: 131 targets/84 receptions (64.1%)/780 yards/7 TDs/54% 1st Down%/6.0 yards per target

Tonyan's last two years

24 games: 88 targets/70 receptions (79.5%)/790 yards/13 TDs/49% 1st Down%/9.0 yards per target.

Tonyan has 10 more yards and 6 more TDs in 5 fewer games.

Tonyan slaughters Hooper in production.

+++

MVS had 26 receptions in 2021. JJSS had 15. Those aren't comparable numbers to structure a contract off of.

+++

You think Julio is so washed up that no team is going to give him a multi year contract. . . but are going to put him in as our #1 receiver. That makes **** all sense. 

46 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

No they were not good enough.

Please spend the picks that you got in Davante trade on Receivers

thanks

What?

43 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Alpha receivers make beta receivers look good

If you dont have a alpha receiver these Lazzards are just borderline starters .   

What?

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alpha QBs make average receivers look good. But we decided to look up our Beta QB for 3 more years, so what can you do. 

What?

Can we please stop with hyperbole? 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alpha QBs make average receivers look good. But we decided to look up our Beta QB for 3 more years, so what can you do. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lazard led the league in targeted passer rating. What else can you possibly ask from a receiver???

So anyway, overall a big fan of the mock draft. 

So it seems the WRs have received most of the attention in the comments.I like the Julio pickup as an affordable bounce back option for a veteran player. Not a fan of MVS at all.  Love the Olave pick. He's perfect for the scheme.

There's been a lot of silliness going around about just how low one should value WRs in this offense. Way I see it, the scheme is designed so that receivers who run their routes well get open.

Therefore we should be targeting WRs who can run routes well, have good hands to consistently catch the ball, and can then do something after the catch. Olave and Jones are perfect for this.

• Like 1

I find Rodgers does best when he has multiple recieving options that he can throw to. 6 WRs I even feel is too light. Our WRs have a history of injuries, IF this was the 6 man crew we had when was the last time they played a 16(17) game season? At this stage I'm not counting on much from Cobb and Amari, I would feel more comfortable with one more slot WR

Julio - 2021 = 10 games, 2020 = 9 games, 2019 = 15 games
Olave - rookie
MVS - 2021 = 11 games
Cobb - 2021 = 12 games, 2020 = 10 games, 2019 = 15 games, 2018 = 9 games
Lazard - 2021 = 15 games, 2020 = 9 games
Amari - 2021 = 16 games with 1 start

Booby - coming off an ACL, probably not ready for start of the season