Browns trade Keenum to Bills

Forge

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Didn't we bring back Matt Barkley as our backup, or was that a fever dream?

But hey, this is low cost, low risk.. I'm cool with Case as an emergency option

That’s happening too. I imagine Barkley is an insurance policy for camp and sits on the PS like Webb did the last two years. Unless they draft a late round guy and he beats him out. 

1 minute ago, pscottdai said:

Why would anyone trade anything of value for him partway through the final year of his contract? Browns lose even more trade leverage if they do that. 

isn't that more or less how Jimmy got to SF?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Diggs, Thielen, a capable Kyle Rudolph, Jarius Wright who was a solid #3 back then and a RB trio of rookie Cook/Murray/McKinnon.

...and Laquon Treadwell lol

Believe it or not, 'Quon was actually starting to come on late in the season with Trevor and the Jags.  I'm actually hoping we keep him on the roster.  Good guy, hard worker, and I think he's actually starting to figure things out.  🤞

• Like 2

I don't envy the people at Spotrac and Overthecap right now.

The Browns page on Overthecap is a mess.

• Keenum is gone and his dead cap established.
  • Hooper is still a Brown.
  • No Deshaun yet
  • But they do have Cooper's restructure which just happened.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Believe it or not, 'Quon was actually starting to come on late in the season with Trevor and the Jags.  I'm actually hoping we keep him on the roster.  Good guy, hard worker, and I think he's actually starting to figure things out.  🤞

He just had his best season as a pro. For a #4 WR, he ain't bad lol

He just should've been taken in round 4-5 instead of round 1!

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

He just had his best season as a pro. For a #4 WR, he ain't bad lol

He just should've been taken in round 4-5 instead of round 1!

Exactly, Stephen!  He's a an easy guy to cheer for when you get him for a song like the Jags did - and I just got some news I wanted to hear!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Kirk, Jones, and Treadwell? No wonder the Rams traded Bobby, you no bother trying to keep up with those horses.

Treadwell is probably going to be a #4 posession type of receiver.  I'd still like to see us find a way to trade up from #33 for someone like Jameson Williams or Treylon Burks if they fall.  We still don't have a true #1.

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’m not sure what there is for him to figure out. He’s slow and can’t separate. That and you guys just brought in his, slightly better, clone in zay Jones. I can’t see him sticking around personally. 

Edited by AllThingsTN

7 minutes ago, AllThingsTN said:

I’m not sure what there is for him to figure out. He’s slow and can’t separate. That and you guys just brought in his, slightly better, clone in zay Jones. I can’t see him sticking around personally. 

He is slower, no doubt, but I think he can do a decent job on contested catches.  When Zay Jones was signed, I kind of figured that would be the end of Laquon with the Jags, but we kept him, so we must have some kind of a plan for him.  We'll have to see.