Browns trade Keenum to Bills

Forge

12 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

this is the most who cares trade ever 

The back-up QB in Cleveland is looking at starting a number of games next year. It is rather odd to me that the Browns would ditch a back-up experienced in their system for almost nothing to go with with Jacboy Brissett as the back-up.

43 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

The back-up QB in Cleveland is looking at starting a number of games next year. It is rather odd to me that the Browns would ditch a back-up experienced in their system for almost nothing to go with with Jacboy Brissett as the back-up.

I'm assuming its to save a bit of cap space (they want to trim as much fat as possible I gues). That and the extra pick gives them an extra dart throw. It depends on what they want to do with the presumed cap savings but I tend to agree with you that I'd probably have stuck with Keenum (who makes $6 million). No word on Brissett's number yet but it'll probably be $2-4 range.

13 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

Keenum is done. He is good for a spot start but he cant be a starter for a couple of weeks, Browns proved that this past season. Baker should have been benched because of injury. You could tell the injury was holding him back and the offense back but they still thought it was better to play baker over Keenum

10 minutes ago, JetsCrash said:

Maybe they keep Baker now to play a few games (while Watson is suspended) and hold him hostage. He would probably sit out though and refuse to play. 

The sun will become a happy doughnut before Baker plays for the Browns

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fluhartz said:

this is the most who cares trade ever 

You never know.  He is obviously not going to be contending for the starting job, but Keenum could come in very handy for the Bills if Josh Allen misses any time.  Keenum even has playoff experience, so that's a nice thing for a team like the Bills who should be contending consistently for the foreseeable future.