EAGLES GET A WIDEOUT (Pascal, 1yr deal)

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

So he can block…..great. 

Im cool with it. We need more tho. 

I mean the way things are trending it’s gonna be receiver in the first 2 rounds for sure. Earlier on in the draft process I was pretty on board with drafting a receiver rather than overpaying one in FA. I swear our fanbase would’ve been crazy excited if we gave Kirk like 17 million a year and signed Mathieu to a 15-16 million. Bunch of idiots.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I mean the way things are trending it’s gonna be receiver in the first 2 rounds for sure. Earlier on in the draft process I was pretty on board with drafting a receiver rather than overpaying one in FA. I swear our fanbase would’ve been crazy excited if we gave Kirk like 17 million a year and signed Mathieu to a 15-16 million. Bunch of idiots.

Problem is we really don’t have anything proven. Smith is out there running routes against himself. I’m not as high on Quez as this board seems to be. Maybe the team is and that’s what’s stopping them from getting an upper tier WR. I’m really cool with it though. I think the problem is the QB so we’ll see if I’m correct. This is a throw away year unless Hurts really turns a corner. Which may happen. A WR in the first couple rounds looks likely. DE probably pushed back into mid rounds with the Reddick signing. CB, DT and LB are our 1st round targets with WR landing close to that if a situation presents itself. I still want Mathieu lol, I don’t care. Had a crush on that man for years now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Problem is we really don’t have anything proven. Smith is out there running routes against himself. I’m not as high on Quez as this board seems to be. Maybe the team is and that’s what’s stopping them from getting an upper tier WR. I’m really cool with it though. I think the problem is the QB so we’ll see if I’m correct. This is a throw away year unless Hurts really turns a corner. Which may happen. A WR in the first couple rounds looks likely. DE probably pushed back into mid rounds with the Reddick signing. CB, DT and LB are our 1st round targets with WR landing close to that if a situation presents itself. I still want Mathieu lol, I don’t care. Had a crush on that man for years now. 

Not saying we have some amazing WR corps, but there is a smart and dumb way to go about free agency. They made an offer for Kirk. I don’t even really think they should’ve done that since his price was being rumored around 15. I’m not even sure I would’ve been okay paying anything over 13 for Kirk, but I digress.

I don’t think EDGE gets pushed down to the mid rounds. It’s still a first round need.

Ive had a crush on Mathieu since he was like a sophomore at LSU, but he’s nearing 30 which isn’t in the age range  Howie usually pays significant money for FAs. I’m sure what we would give him would be close to a contender and in that case why would be pick Philly anyways?

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not saying we have some amazing WR corps, but there is a smart and dumb way to go about free agency. They made an offer for Kirk. I don’t even really think they should’ve done that since his price was being rumored around 15. I’m not even sure I would’ve been okay paying anything over 13 for Kirk, but I digress.

I don’t think EDGE gets pushed down to the mid rounds. It’s still a first round need.

Ive had a crush on Mathieu since he was like a sophomore at LSU, but he’s nearing 30 which isn’t in the age range  Howie usually pays significant money for FAs. I’m sure what we would give him would be close to a contender and in that case why would be pick Philly anyways?

Wanted no part of Kirk for that money so I didn’t care. Its clear he got overpaid. 

I would think a 1st round DE would be expected to stay year 1 or 2. With Reddick and Sweat being the high money pass rushers for the next few years and BG still on the books, we’d need cheaper production and that’s why mid round DE comes in for me. I know we heavy rotate and I’d be cool with a 1st round DE like Johnson but I just don’t see Howie sinking that much money there when everything else is looking pretty weak. I mean, every defensive unit needs talent and/or a youth infusion. 

And you’re probably right on honey badger. But we need something back there with some play making ability. Gannons book still needs to be written so I guess we have no idea what his big needs are but it seems as if the FO is ok growing organically the next year or two through the draft which is just……underwhelming. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Wanted no part of Kirk for that money so I didn’t care. Its clear he got overpaid. 

At least we are on the same page here.

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I would think a 1st round DE would be expected to stay year 1 or 2. With Reddick and Sweat being the high money pass rushers for the next few years and BG still on the books, we’d need cheaper production and that’s why mid round DE comes in for me. I know we heavy rotate and I’d be cool with a 1st round DE like Johnson but I just don’t see Howie sinking that much money there when everything else is looking pretty weak. I mean, every defensive unit needs talent and/or a youth infusion. 

Reddick is gonna be here to rush the passer, but he isn’t some great defender against the run or setting an edge. He isn’t gonna be the replacement to Barnett or BG opposite Sweat on the DL. Gannon should try and move him around and blitz more with him on the roster. We’ll see how that goes. I think Gannon held back last year on what he did last year and we definitely still do need more secondary help and a pretty good LB to really run the type of defense he wants to, especially guys that will fly around and rally to the ball and tackle well.

As far as Howie spending that much money I don’t think a rookie DE is gonna cost you that much. Besides a QB on a rookie contract a player on offense or defense like LT, EDGE or CB is the next best value in the league, especially if they can contribute in a meaningful way year 1.

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

And you’re probably right on honey badger. But we need something back there with some play making ability. Gannons book still needs to be written so I guess we have no idea what his big needs are but it seems as if the FO is ok growing organically the next year or two through the draft which is just……underwhelming. 

Of course lol. You’re talking to the person who has had his sights set on Marcus Williams for over a year now. Wish he would’ve just came here, but it sounds like our offer was just as good as Baltimore’s and he just decided to go there. He’s still not a perfect safety cause he’s pretty crappy as a tackler and kinda avoids contact sometimes, but he’s great patrolling the back end and his age matched up perfectly with what we look for. 

I’d feel more at ease if I could trust this team to draft a safety high and hit on them. Maybe missing out on our top safety targets like Reid and Williams will finally force us to spend a pick in the first 2 rounds on a safety for the first time since Allen and Jarrett in 2010 and 2011. Those safety picks were probably more influenced by Andy anyways lol.