Raiders re-sign T Brandon Parker

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s something I’ve been thinking about today. In theory, if you can coach the line that we have right now up there young they’re physically talented and they’re cheap. That could very well be the move while they draft and sign at other positions making the O line the only real question mark

The only issue is that you're expecting major jumps from 3-4 guys in a single season.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The only issue is that you're expecting major jumps from 3-4 guys in a single season.

Well I look at it this way: the Raiders have the exact same office as they did last year except instead of ruggs they have Devante Adams. They were five and 5-2 before ruggs got in trouble. The patriot staff have to be thinking that if this oline can block well enough for them to go to the playoffs. If they play improve Defense and score more points and maybe just Improve the o line somewhat it would go along way toward being a contender now and  sustainable success years after having a cheapo line. And of course if not will next year they’re going to have a first and second round pick.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I look at it this way: the Raiders have the exact same office as they did last year except instead of ruggs they have Devante Adams. They were five and 5-2 before ruggs got in trouble. The patriot staff have to be thinking that if this oline can block well enough for them to go to the playoffs. If they play improve Defense and score more points and maybe just Improve the o line somewhat it would go along way toward being a contender now and  sustainable success years after having a cheapo line. And of course if not will next year they’re going to have a first and second round pick.

That OL was terrible in both run blocking and pass protection though and our offense ranked in the bottom half of the league in points scored.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Good looks like the best option at RT that I've seen currently on our books IMO. Personally I was very critical of James but he played pretty well over the last 4 or 5 games I thought. No massive blunders or communication errors from what I could see so I wouldn't creat a hole at centre unless we have a bona fide upgrade sat there.

Good is also probably our best option at LG given how well he played there in ‘20?  He’s not played a lot at tackle since 2017 so I’m not sure they see him as a tackle tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Parker’s footwork is light years above leatherwood and watching that last chargers game Parker pretty much handled bosa 🤷🏾‍♂️. I can see Parker as our penciled in rt starter. 

I hope not.  Just compare him to those two games at LT.  He is much better on the left then the right.  We need to get a natural RT.

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope not.  Just compare him to those two games at LT.  He is much better on the left then the right.  We need to get a natural RT.

He’s come a long way at rt you can tell he’s worked at rt footwork esp. imo he looked better at rt vs chargers last game than the lt clips from 2020. His kick step is smooth af some reps bosa didn’t even try imo cause parker technique was soo good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:
1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s something I’ve been thinking about today. In theory, if you can coach the line that we have right now up there young they’re physically talented and they’re cheap. That could very well be the move while they draft and sign at other positions making the O line the only real question mark

Expand  

Well if we say Miller, Leatherwood, James, Good, Parker is pencilled in then really Miller is set, Good is decent to above average at OG and James was solid at years end at OC so it's only really two guys that we need to improve a decent amount and even if only Parker at RT made a leap we'd be solid overall with one rough OG spot.

That's probably still top half of the league in terms of quality, not many teams have no weak links on OL. Personally, I hope we sign a good RT and Parker can be the swing guy then we're only trying to get Leatherwood to take a leap 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He’s come a long way at rt you can tell he’s worked at rt footwork esp. imo he looked better at rt vs chargers last game than the lt clips from 2020. His kick step is smooth af some reps bosa didn’t even try imo cause parker technique was soo good.

Wow, that's really encouraging. It's not something I really recall looking at or seeing during the game but you obviously know much more about OL play than me so it's great to hear you say that!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Well if we say Miller, Leatherwood, James, Good, Parker is pencilled in then really Miller is set, Good is decent to above average at OG and James was solid at years end at OC so it's only really two guys that we need to improve a decent amount and even if only Parker at RT made a leap we'd be solid overall with one rough OG spot.

That's probably still top half of the league in terms of quality, not many teams have no weak links on OL. Personally, I hope we sign a good RT and Parker can be the swing guy then we're only trying to get Leatherwood to take a leap 

there's still solid options regarding RT.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I will happily admit it if I am wrong.  Only took 4 years if the lightbulb has officially turned on.  I hope you are right.  If anybody knows what he signed for it would be a clue as to what the team is planning on him doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I will happily admit it if I am wrong.  Only took 4 years if the lightbulb has officially turned on.  I hope you are right.  If anybody knows what he signed for it would be a clue as to what the team is planning on him doing.

Rewatch that last chargers game and tell me what you think. I will say this Parker’s run blocked declined tho. 

If we don't upgrade I see no reason why we don't move Miller to RT. He's been paid then Good at RG. James still at C with Leatherwood at LG and Parker at LT. Leatherwood could move to LT next season or move Miller back. I think we will add two more on the Oline as 1 vet (T) and draft 1 (C/G) Simpson backs up both G spots. Still not ideal but these new coaches aren't tied to where these guys got drafted but can easily look up college as well as pro tape and see a better 'fit' even if it's only slightly better. Still an injury away from disaster so not ideal...

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rewatch that last chargers game and tell me what you think. I will say this Parker’s run blocked declined tho. 

I was not impressed but not disappointed either.  His run blocking was missing and he was getting very little movement.  I still never want to see him cut a defender.  It just looks so ugly and does not do anything.  His blocking on the Carr fumble was bad but he made up for it by recovering the fumble.  If he is going to be the starting RT next year he still has a lot of room for improvement on the right.  I still like him more on the left.

• Like 1