Bucs re-sign RB Lenny Fournette; 3 yrs / $21M ($11M guaranteed)

kgarrett12486

16 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Probably more than I'd spend on an RB if I were the Bucs, especially with some holes on defense to fill.

I thought they same thing when I 1st saw the deal, but the $11M guaranteed definitely helps.

You're right though, we still got some holes to fill on the D-line and secondary depth. Looks like we'll be focused on that in the draft.  

37 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

There's no need to pay RBs when you have Brady lol

I get what you're saying, but honestly hat's actually the complete opposite of the truth. He doesn't use them in the traditional sense, but Brady loves the RB as the check down throw and goes there often.

• Like 1

Awesome Re-Signing by Tampa Bay. 

Despite splitting carries and only playing 14 games (only 7 starts) Leonard Fournette actually had a monster season last year. 

1,200 All-Purpose Yards from Scrimmage and 10 Offensive TDs (with only 1 fumble).

He was also a big time reason on why TB won their 2020 SB too as an X-Factor because in the Playoffs/SB he was unstoppable with 64 Rushing Attempts, 300 Rushing Yards, 4.6 Yards per Carry, 3 Rushing TDs + 18 Catches for 148 Receiving Yards and 1 TD Catch = 448 Offensive Yards and 4 Offensive TDs (4 postseason games). 

Tampa Bay doesn't win that 2020 SB without Leonard Fournette exploding throughout the entire postseason. 

And @ only 27 years old he's still got a couple years left in the tank for Tom Brady and Tampa Bay. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That's true, you could argue they're paying a little over market value to avoid having to teach a new player the playbook before Brady's last ride.

I don't think they're overpaying at all. 

This guy was unstoppable throughout TBs 2020 SB run and super explosive during last years 2021. 

Would've became a potential TB disaster if they lost Leonard Fournette to FA (right before the draft).