DC Movie Universe

devils1854

20 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Haven't seen anyone bring it up here but the DCEU is officially dead. We now have ourselves "The Worlds of DC" (they just changed the name).

It was not an official name change. It was on a banner that they also had last year.

17 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Haven't seen anyone bring it up here but the DCEU is officially dead. We now have ourselves "The Worlds of DC" (they just changed the name).

I've brought this up several times trying to get people to change the thread title.  I hate DC so much right now and I will not pay a nickel to watch any of their movies, no matter how good they look, because it is painfully obvious what they should do and they're not doing it.

DC right now is the kid who tries a cigarette, is disappointed with himself so he goes to pot, is more disappointed with himself so he goes to hard liquor and is so disappointed with himself he goes straight to meth and cocaine instead of just quitting. 

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've brought this up several times trying to get people to change the thread title.  I hate DC so much right now and I will not pay a nickel to watch any of their movies, no matter how good they look, because it is painfully obvious what they should do and they're not doing it.

DC right now is the kid who tries a cigarette, is disappointed with himself so he goes to pot, is more disappointed with himself so he goes to hard liquor and is so disappointed with himself he goes straight to meth and cocaine instead of just quitting. 

Good thing I have moviepass B|

But yes I am equally as disappointed in DC.

Edited by Bullet Club

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I guess they thought that sounded better than "The WB Cash Grab: Making comic book movies purely because they're popular right now with no coherent plan"

This is pretty much it.

Years ago I read an article by a former WB executive who said the studio heads (at the time, anyway) HATED superhero movies and only produced them because they were cash cows.    However, you can kind of tell this is the truth.    Unlike with Marvel, they just fling poo and hope something sticks.    I have never gotten the feeling that a) there was any real plan with the DCEU or b) that anyone with any true passion for these characters was actually involved.    Im not saying NO ONE with love for these characters has been involved....but there has been no real collaboration to pull it all together.    Patty Jenkins cared about Wonder Woman and that turned out pretty decent...and listening to James Wan, he seems passionate about Aquaman....but its not enough.     Zach Snyder was into comic books, but he clearly didnt care about the characters enough to not change who they are....and to a point, it seems like thats a problem with alot of the people involved. 

Its sad, because I imagine what the DCEU could be if they had people behind it like there are at Marvel/Disney.   Not that everything they do is gold, but they clearly care about the source material and dont try to insult audiences by just flinging poo (well, aside from Iron Man 2 and 3 and Thor 2).   

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The gif was more so in reference to the fact that you're still paying for moviepass, thus still spending money (indirectly) on the DC movies. :P

Ahhhhh I see. I'll save like $200-300 this year using it though, so I think that's worth it.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol yeah, not a knock on moviepass; I have one myself. I don't know how sustainable this is at ~$10/month, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

This is way off topic, but screw it. How does moviepass work exactly?

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Lol yeah, not a knock on moviepass; I have one myself. I don't know how sustainable this is at ~$10/month, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. 

Yeah, once it dies (seems inevitable) I'll just get AMC A list anyway. I actually jumped on board when they offered the cheap annual rate so I paid like $90 for the year and that was that.

20 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This is way off topic, but screw it. How does moviepass work exactly?

You pay $10/month and can see 1 movie per day. You can't repeat watch a movie with it, you must purchase in person (at most locations) the day of the showing, you must use the app to check in and take a picture of your ticket. Now they just introduced peak pricing this month which charges more (~$3.50 per showing, you get to waive one per month) if you go during busy hours, though to this point seems pretty lenient. I've gone Thursday night the last few weeks and not had any peak pricing charges. I've used it for 34 movies since October and an individual ticket at the theater I go to is $11.98. So it's been an incredible investment thus far.

Edited by Bullet Club

Can all of us here agree to not go see DC movies in theaters?  We're all pissed off about their lack of caring or intelligence in these movies, so why don't we all agree to refrain from going to see the movies and supporting this nonsense?