DC Movie Universe

devils1854

I just watched the Titans trailer for the first time. I legit thought it was a film school project or fan film. It just didn't look good all around. The one thing that I did like was Robin's costume. I know they won't, but I wish that DC/WB would just stop ruining my childhood.

I think the DC streaming thing is a really cool idea and might bring more people back or interested in what they are doing. I'm not going to type out my dislikes for the past few DC adventures or things that didn't even come out yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I think the DC streaming thing is a really cool idea and might bring more people back or interested in what they are doing. I'm not going to type out my dislikes for the past few DC adventures or things that didn't even come out yet.

What makes me curious more than anything is the fact that they paired it with a online comic service as well. Marvel has something similar in Marvel Unlimited, but its JUST comics, no streaming of old and original content. The pairing should help make it successful, but it could also go the other way with fans only interested in DC's version of Unlimited being forced to pay for a streaming service on top. 

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

Wait, are you that guy?  The one who puts words in other people's mouths and makes assessments that are so off base from what's actually written and manage to come off as a condescending schmuck?

People posted, en masse, racist crap up on her insta with regard to her casting (i.e. she only got the part "because they weren't including Cyborg and a certain quota had to be met").  That's indefensible.  It's the same BS that was coming from the whiners that lost their damn minds when Zazie Beats (who they'd almost assuredly never seen any of the previous work of or even interviews from) was cast as Domino - and, for the tone that Deadpool 2 was going for, she pretty much knocked that role out of the park.

I'm not saying the actress deserves any hate for it at all. I don't condone that in the slightest. The showrunners/producers deserve all the blame. But if you're arguing it's too early to say the character looks like trash in the show, you're wrong. If they wanted to alleviate concerns they would've shown more of her in the trailer. The fact that they didn't is damning. I'm still going to give the show a chance. It's DC.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm not saying the actress deserves any hate for it at all. I don't condone that in the slightest. The showrunners/producers deserve all the blame. But if you're arguing it's too early to say the character looks like trash in the show, you're wrong. If they wanted to alleviate concerns they would've shown more of her in the trailer. The fact that they didn't is damning. I'm still going to give the show a chance. It's DC.

People do realize we only have early footage right? I doubt any of the trailer footage is final/past the first 3 episodes. (CGI is always worked until the actual release) 

Starfire could very easily get a newer costume later in the season, I don't even have a problem with the costume so much as the wig. It's straight up trash(the wig) and I'm questioning why they didn't just let her use her real hair. 

I'll watch it regardless because I love the titans characters and Geoff Johns writing but they screwed up first impressions. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, Outpost31 said:

Can all of us here agree to not go see DC movies in theaters?  We're all pissed off about their lack of caring or intelligence in these movies, so why don't we all agree to refrain from going to see the movies and supporting this nonsense? 

Well, Justice League was a commercial flop, so that's something, I guess. 

And no, I didn't see it in theaters in case you were wondering.

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Pretty much confirms they dont really care about making a cohesive universe IMO.

I guess they dont necessarily NEED to have success, but its also why they wont sniff Marvel's success, even if they start to make good stand alone movies. 

14 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I can't help but feel like you're jumping to hyperbole for effect, and it's really not necessary.  It's not "damning."  It's not great, I'll admit, but it's not damning.  Again, I refer people to Domino in Deadpool 2; she had minimal screentime in any of the trailers (a single one-liner) and the character turned out just fine.  I'm not saying it's all fans, but the likelihood is that casual fans familiar with the DCU are going to be most familiar with Robin (clearly) and then likely Raven where the Titans are concerned (well... and Cyborg, but he's clearly not in this).

I think one of the major issues may be that most people's reference for the Teen Titans is the cartoon show - which flatly whitewashed Starfire like nobody's business.  Of the main artists who drew her, one specifically cited that he'd envisioned her more Latina than anything, the other specifically modeled a majority of her physical characteristics after the actress Naomi Harris.  Goldsmith can be a really good writer, but he can also be a really bad one (he was the cohort with Schumacher that stuck us with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin).  If we get something the quality of Fringe, I don't think this will be perfect, but it should be on the median with the CW DCU stuff that's being put out (particularly since Berlani - who has been one of the driving forces behind Arrow and Riverdale - is involved).