DC Movie Universe

devils1854

21 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I hate the way the Joker looks....but I have complete faith in Joaquin Phoenix.   Then again, I had faith in Jared Leto, too...

Leto was fine, everything else was bad. The look, the dialogue, the character development, the editing in post. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Leto was fine, everything else was bad. The look, the dialogue, the character development, the editing in post. 

I didnt think Leto was fine...but I dont think it was really his fault....I think it was the overall direction they took the character.

17 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

If given more screen time i believe his character would of been fine. 

To each their own, I suppose, but I didnt like ANYTHING about that version of the Joker.  It was embarrassing IMO.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:
20 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

If given more screen time i believe his character would of been fine. 

To each their own, I suppose, but I didnt like ANYTHING about that version of the Joker.  It was embarrassing IMO. 

hey man, he was damaged. So damaged that he tattooed damaged on his forehead

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

hey man, he was damaged. So damaged that he tattooed damaged on his forehead

Haha....I literally thought it was a joke when I first saw that.

The tattoos alone pretty much ruined him.   He didnt come across like the Joker....he came across the worlds biggest Joker FANBOY, who decided to get all kinds of tattoos and dye his hair green as an homage to the Joker.

Ayer has a lot of regrets about his movie. He's stated he shouldn't have done the "Damaged" tattoo, should have made the Joker the main villain, says heis original cut was much different than the theatrical release, etc. WB shouldn't have meddled.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Ayer has a lot of regrets about his movie. He's stated he shouldn't have done the "Damaged" tattoo, should have made the Joker the main villain, says heis original cut was much different than the theatrical release, etc. WB shouldn't have meddled.

After seeing what Ayer was allowed to do with a film with a lot of creative freedom at Netflix (referring to bright) I have zero confidence he would've had a better cut of that film, maybe a better edited/paced version but I doubt it would be a better film. WB no doubt screwed the movie with their decision to let that trailer company edit it and not the director...but still.

At least he realized the mistakes he made, doubt he gets a chance to rectify those mistakes unless he's in charge of Birds of Prey or whatever other movie they do with the SS characters. 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

After seeing what Ayer was allowed to do with a film with a lot of creative freedom at Netflix (referring to bright) I have zero confidence he would've had a better cut of that film, maybe a better edited/paced version but I doubt it would be a better film. WB no doubt screwed the movie with their decision to let that trailer company edit it and not the director...but still.

At least he realized the mistakes he made, doubt he gets a chance to rectify those mistakes unless he's in charge of Birds of Prey or whatever other movie they do with the SS characters. 

I didn't care for Leto's Joker either but Ayer is legit (and I thought Bright was really creative).  He takes blame for Joker but also has talked about studio interference making him a figurehead by its end.  He said he wanted Joker to be the sole villain who would manipulate Enchantress into giving him Gotham City.  And how the studio made the Squad way too buddy buddy while his script had them at each other's throats.  Also, he reinforced Harley's dynamic where she would always choose Joker over everything.  Just let the director make their movie, WB.  Maybe they wouldn't be floundering.

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

I didn't care for Leto's Joker either but Ayer is legit (and I thought Bright was really creative).  He takes blame for Joker but also has talked about studio interference making him a figurehead by its end.  He said he wanted Joker to be the sole villain who would manipulate Enchantress into giving him Gotham City.  And how the studio made the Squad way too buddy buddy while his script had them at each other's throats.  Also, he reinforced Harley's dynamic where she would always choose Joker over everything.  Just let the director make their movie, WB.  Maybe they wouldn't be floundering.

WB is far from floundering as far as D.C is concerned hell yes, but the rest of their properties not even close. 

I've seen most of his movies and i won't deny he can be a good director but his last few movies.... they've had issues, SS I think is the perfect storm of everything going wrong, the editing, executives, directing and the script etc. 

It seems they've learned this lesson since we've heard nothing about Wan, Sandberg (Shazam director) and Jenkins have all had no issues with executives so far I'd imagine the Joker film won't have any either but that's not even close to being done filming. 

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

but thats not really on Leto is it? I mean, I thought given what he was given, he portrayed the awful character well

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

I’m not worried at all about Phoenix’s ability to play the role but that facepaint is really bad.  It’s still early tho and it’s not the final product. 

I actually dont mind the fact paint. He is not some make up expert, it should look like someone with no experience would do it.