DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Do they really need to find a younger actor to replace Ben Affleck? I know they're going with a younger Bruce Wayne since it's a prequel, but they could always use de-aging technology for Batfleck, it worked wonders for SLJ in Captain Marvel

But this is WB, so of course they're gonna abandon their best actor. I don't blame him for wanting to back out at this point tbh. 

Make no mistake here: Affleck wanted out, not the other way around. Affleck signed up for Zach Snyder's vision.

31 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think he signed up for HIS vision

Call it what you want, but he definitely signed up when Snyder was the leader of the franchise and lost all interest once the studio started mettling and Snyder was gone.

Edited by seminoles1

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Not so fast. It looks like Jake Gyllenhaal is the front-runner to replace Ben Affleck as Batman.

Gyllenhaal would be a great choice IMO, certainly better-suited than O'Connell. He has the acting chops and could easily pass as a younger Batfleck, since this is a prequel. 

It would seem kinda odd having all the Spider-Man villains in the MCU so far be cast by former Batman actors. What next? George Clooney as Doc Ock in Spider-Man Homecoming 3? Bale as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin?

Richard Madden would be very intriguing. Definitely not a superstar but someone that a lot of people recognize from Got and Bodyguard.

If DC wanted him though, they would have to get him fast because rumors came out after Bodyguard that Barbara Broccoli loved him in that and possibly wants him for Bond.

3 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Richard Madden would be very intriguing. Definitely not a superstar but someone that a lot of people recognize from Got and Bodyguard.

If DC wanted him though, they would have to get him fast because rumors came out after Bodyguard that Barbara Broccoli loved him in that and possibly wants him for Bond.

Any thoughts on Liam Hemsworth?    

I think he is a pretty solid actor, and has the look, size and physicality to pull off both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Any thoughts on Liam Hemsworth?    

I think he is a pretty solid actor, and has the look, size and physicality to pull off both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

He's definitely recognizable, but it seems like he is more famous because of his last name and because of his relationship with Miley Cyrus. Its not like he has done anything worth watching acting wise. Hunger Games, Independence Day 2, and The Expendables are his biggest credits. I know actors have been given big roles with less credits, but I think it would be really risky hoping he can pull off both Bruce Wayne and Batman. 

59 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

He's definitely recognizable, but it seems like he is more famous because of his last name and because of his relationship with Miley Cyrus. Its not like he has done anything worth watching acting wise. Hunger Games, Independence Day 2, and The Expendables are his biggest credits. I know actors have been given big roles with less credits, but I think it would be really risky hoping he can pull off both Bruce Wayne and Batman. 

Henry Cavill was hardly known when cast as Superman. 

IMO, they dont need some amazing actor to play Batman.    Ben Affleck is a pretty average actor in general but most loved his Batman, and he pulled off both pretty well.    

Batman can largely sell itself as long as its done right.   I think he could pull it off.

If you dont care for that choice, I respect that, but Id much rather see Liam Hemsworth than a 5'8 170 guy who, while a good actor, doesnt remotely look the part and never will.  

8 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Can we just go back in time and do a Man of Steel trilogy like Nolan’s Batman series, end it there and tip our caps to Marvel for their continued run?

Considering their biggest hits have happened since Man of Steel (Wonder Woman and Aquaman), that probably wouldnt have been the best idea, especially since Zack Snyder wouldve been helming them.

If they could go back in time to that point, Im sure they just wouldve not hired Snyder and went in another creative direction that may or may not have been more successful.  

15 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Henry Cavill was hardly known when cast as Superman. 

IMO, they dont need some amazing actor to play Batman.    Ben Affleck is a pretty average actor in general but most loved his Batman, and he pulled off both pretty well.    

Batman can largely sell itself as long as its done right.   I think he could pull it off.

If you dont care for that choice, I respect that, but Id much rather see Liam Hemsworth than a 5'8 170 guy who, while a good actor, doesnt remotely look the part and never will.  

Cavil at least had a presence to him in his previous film roles. They were small roles(Tristan & Isolde, Stardust), and plus Immortals, but he at least stood out on screen. To me Hemsworth has always just been there in his films. 

Maybe it could work with Liam, but He probably wouldnt even be in my top 5. 

3 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Cavil at least had a presence to him in his previous film roles. They were small roles(Tristan & Isolde, Stardust), and plus Immortals, but he at least stood out on screen. To me Hemsworth has always just been there in his films. 

Maybe it could work with Liam, but He probably wouldnt even be in my top 5. 

Fair enough.   Id be interested in hearing some actors you'd like to see, sometime. 

14 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Fair enough.   Id be interested in hearing some actors you'd like to see, sometime. 

Not going to include Gyllenhaal, but that would be a home run.

Matt Bomer and Luke Evans would be great choices, but they are too old for what it seems that Reeves wants.

• Really love the Richard Madden idea. I think he has the total package. Good looking. Good actor. Descently well known.
  • Armie Hammer would be another home run. Him and Cavil have great chemistry also.
  • John Krasinski has grown up and between Jack Ryan and A Quiet Place, has really shed The Office. He's huge too.
  • Ansel Elgort. If they are going to go with a really young guy. I think he could do it. Wouldnt be a slam dunk since he has a baby face and is kind of unproven besides Baby Driver and The Fault in Our Stars.
  • Taron Egerton would be a great fit imo, but he is only like 5'9, so nah.
  • Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Young, but has that life worn look to him. He's in great shape and would look the part.
  • Glen Powell. Who? Was in Scream Queens and Everybody Wants Some. Steals the screen in every scene he is in. Huge role in Top Gun 2 coming up. Could be a perfect jumping off point to superstardom.