DC Movie Universe

devils1854

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Elba would be perfect, but I don't think he'd do another comic book franchise.

But he'll do that ridiculous Fast and Furious spinoff?    Doesnt make much sense....but hey, if thats the case, so be it.

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

Im if DC, I go get John David Washington before he becomes a huge star. 

I think they should be trying to grab a bunch of these guys who are on the cusp of being big time stars JDW included.

Dont go with the huge names anymore, that the only thing you see is "Ben Affleck in a Batsuit". They kind of did that with some of the more popular charachters (Gal as WW being the most obvious)

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

But he'll do that ridiculous Fast and Furious spinoff?    Doesnt make much sense....but hey, if thats the case, so be it.

Well, if i'm Elba this is what i'm thinking:

The DC universe has so far been a catastrophe.  Why attach himself to it in a recurring role where he may have to turn down other opportunities because he's committed to this?

The FF series has been wildly popular, even though it's "ridiculous" (that's the point btw).  And in any case, his character is a one off.  He won't be coming back, so if it flops it's over anyway.

17 hours ago, theJ said:

And in any case, his character is a one off.  He won't be coming back, so if it flops it's over anyway.

This right here is the key, he gets to be a bit ridiculous, make a good chunk of money, in something that has an already massive built in audience, and at the end of the day, he doesnt have to come back to it if he doesnt want to.

He was already strung along with a small-ish part in the other superhero universe, and he was part of a massive flop of what some thought had franchise potential.

He can basically pick any part he wants these days, not sure why he would hitch up to this wagon at this point. 

7 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This right here is the key, he gets to be a bit ridiculous, make a good chunk of money, in something that has an already massive built in audience, and at the end of the day, he doesnt have to come back to it if he doesnt want to.

He was already strung along with a small-ish part in the other superhero universe, and he was part of a massive flop of what some thought had franchise potential.

He can basically pick any part he wants these days, not sure why he would hitch up to this wagon at this point. 

The Losers?

1 minute ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Ahh, the losers isn’t dc?

I just meant that the Dark Tower series was thought, by many, to be the start of a long and lucrative cinematic universe. Until it actually opened and that thought was gone quite quickly.

Dont think The Losers was ever thought to be that

Bringing this back around to the Bruce/Batman casting (because for some reason the internet is putting steam behind Robbert Pattinson...)

I think Reeves first choice was Jake Gyllenhaal, it was the name that was leaked while Justice League was still being finished as all this started. But his move to play Mysterio I think shows that he turned it down.

And with all the rumors of what Reeves/DCWB wants out of their new batman (Established Star, Young age range, etc.) I think we are destined for Armie Hammer at this point. And I actually think it really makes sense with some of the newest rumblings that The Batman will be more akin to B:TAS than anything else we've seen in the movies. Hammer looks like the drawing come to life of that Animated Bruce Wayne. And I think he could actually pull off the public persona of Bruce Wayne (spoiled, aloof, just a bit akward with normal people) the question comes with can he be Batman, especially a more analytical Worlds Greatest Detective type that we have been promised.

For who Id rather they go with, I really like the Richard Madden suggestion, I think Dacre Montgomery could be a good choice, but i think my favorite that Ive seen so far would be Ben Barnes, Really like what he has done the past couple of years.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

With the talk out there that Reeves plans on using alot of the Rogues Gallery, Id like to see some cool stuff. Like getting a Matches Malone sighting, setting up whoever plays Bruce to go undercover inside the underworld. I know thats a pipe dream, but as long as were going to have to wait for this thing, with as much drama thats been around it, My expectations are growing.

Armie Hammer is about the most meh choice I can think of.  Not bad, but not one that generates any excitement.  He's the guy who is solid in everything I've seen him in, but has never wowed me.  Gyllenhaal has a few great performances (Source Code, Nightcrawler, Donnie Darko, October Sky).

Edited by THE DUKE