Justice League

Acgott

On 11/22/2017 at 10:15 AM, iLikeDefense said:

I think they could have had Steppenwolf boom tube back to Apocalypse and have a quick shot of Darkseid sitting on a throne/looking at him from afar and as the scene ends we get to see a quick shot of his omega beam. But I guess the whole point is that they are moving away from Darkseid and going towards the Injustice League/Injustice Gang/Secret Society.

I'll say it again.  It doesn't necessarily mean that at all.  They could use the Injustice League angle with all of the solo films, and use cameos tying characters together.  Sure, I would love JL2 to feature an Injustice league/Legion of Doom angle, if only to break away from the Marvel/Avengers model of saving Earth from an intergalactic threat.  But they could use both IJL and Darkseid in either JL2 or JL3.

They really need to deal with the Affleck issue and move forward, one way or another.  Use Flashpoint to retcon a few smaller things.  Once Batman is set, Deathstroke is the villain right off, and fill in others in the rest of the trilogy as needed to develop them for one JL movie.  MoS2 could feature Bizarro, among others.  Black Manta will be a part of Aquaman, I would think.  Sinestro has been somewhat established, but they probably need to bring in a different Green Lantern (great place to retcon with Flashpoint).

Just saw it yesterday. I really don't understand all the backlash to the movie. Seemed perfectly fine to me. Some of the usual hiccups for a comic book movie but nothing worth the hate critics are giving it. 

Loved the "booyah" from Cyborg and the first Superman fight scene.

Anyone else feel Batman was sort of relegated to the sideline in most of the action? 

2 hours ago, Miami49er said:

No need to use Flashpoint to change Batman. Just recast him. Movies have done that forever without the audience being confused. 

There are rumors that DC and Matt Reeves might want to go with a younger Batman if Ben leaves.    In that case, they would have to.

On top of that, recasting to such a key character wouldnt go over too well without a good explanation.    In a movie rooted in reality, you wouldnt have a choice....or if it was a lesser known character, people probably wouldnt care.     But its a comic book character and they are recasting Batman in the same movie continuity.....they should definitely take advantage of Flashpoint.    Not sure what some people have against using Flashpoint to retcon a few things.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There are rumors that DC and Matt Reeves might want to go with a younger Batman if Ben leaves.    In that case, they would have to.

On top of that, recasting to such a key character wouldnt go over too well without a good explanation.    In a movie rooted in reality, you wouldnt have a choice....or if it was a lesser known character, people probably wouldnt care.     But its a comic book character and they are recasting Batman in the same movie continuity.....they should definitely take advantage of Flashpoint.    Not sure what some people have against using Flashpoint to retcon a few things.

Except that no one has said they are against using it.  Some people just don't see the need to change that much of it.  If they use it to fix some things, fine.  Lots of people enjoyed the movie, even with flaws.  Which is saying quite a bit, considering the late major change from Snyder to Whedon.

The biggest difference amongst fans is the level of expectations for the films.  MoS was too dark, and BvS had many issues, but lots of people enjoyed this film, regardless of critical reviews.  

They can recast a bit younger and just do a small retcon and stop acknowledging he’s an older Batman. The MCU did it with War machine. Not as big of a character obviously but Don Cheadle looks SO much different from Terrance Howard that it was jarring and no one cared or they got over it really quick. 

3 hours ago, Miami49er said:

They can recast a bit younger and just do a small retcon and stop acknowledging he’s an older Batman. The MCU did it with War machine. Not as big of a character obviously but Don Cheadle looks SO much different from Terrance Howard that it was jarring and no one cared or they got over it really quick. 

War machine is a nobody compared to batman.

You can't re-cast Batman as a younger Batman and then "just not acknowledge the change in his age."  The current storyline of Batman in this universe is that Robin has already been killed.  You can't have a younger Batman where a Robin has already died.  If they go younger, it's changing continuity. 

On 11/25/2017 at 3:13 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

You can't re-cast Batman as a younger Batman and then "just not acknowledge the change in his age."  The current storyline of Batman in this universe is that Robin has already been killed.  You can't have a younger Batman where a Robin has already died.  If they go younger, it's changing continuity. 

Sure you can. Let’s use Jake G. He can still be a Batman in his “40s” yet the actor himself is in his 30s and he can physically play the role longer than Affleck can. 

24 minutes ago, Miami49er said:

Sure you can. Let’s use Jake G. He can still be a Batman in his “40s” yet the actor himself is in his 30s and he can physically play the role longer than Affleck can. 

I think he'd make a bad Bruce Wayne.

I'd prefer Fassbender or Luke Evans. Actually, my number one choice would be Josh Brolin. I think he'd make a great Bruce/Batman. Not only that, but imagine the jokes for Deadpool 3!

25 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'd prefer Fassbender or Luke Evans. Actually, my number one choice would be Josh Brolin. I think he'd make a great Bruce/Batman. Not only that, but imagine the jokes for Deadpool 3!

Given Brolin is both Thanos and cable I'd imagine he has some clause in his contract to never work for D.C he'd be an interesting older batman though....

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Whether it’s Jake G or who ever, point being you can cast younger and still say he’s been batman for 20 years. How much longer could Affleck have played this role anyway?

4 hours ago, Miami49er said:

Whether it’s Jake G or who ever, point being you can cast younger and still say he’s been batman for 20 years. How much longer could Affleck have played this role anyway?

Like I said before, if we pick Jake G to replace anyone it should be Eisenberg. He would be a perfect Luthor.

Archived