Justice League

Acgott

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

That is a nice little revisionist history fairy tale you're spinning here.

You call me out for getting insulting when it was a back-and-forth between us that got heated.  The Duke wasn't even talking to you, he made a comment, and this is the first thing you say in response.  You need to quit being so sensitive to everything negative said about the DCEU.  People can have conversations with or without you in this thread, and they can talk about the universe however they want without you dictating what can or cannot be said, and they should be able to say it without you jumping down their throat.

And watch as you respond angrily to me telling you to quit responding so angrily to everything that's said.  You know it's true, so quit doing it. 

I like that WB is snatching up real visionary directors.. a yr ago I was down on this DC thing but now they have a few projects I'm looking forward too... really hyped for solo batman and deathstroke... they have the potential to be classics in the genre ..also whedon's batgirl and wan's aquaman could be real good too... the joker film with scorsese producing sounds interesting

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You call me out for getting insulting when it was a back-and-forth between us that got heated.  The Duke wasn't even talking to you, he made a comment, and this is the first thing you say in response.  You need to quit being so sensitive to everything negative said about the DCEU.  People can have conversations with or without you in this thread, and they can talk about the universe however they want without you dictating what can or cannot be said, and they should be able to say it without you jumping down their throat.

And watch as you respond angrily to me telling you to quit responding so angrily to everything that's said.  You know it's true, so quit doing it. 

Hahaha What? First of all, this is a Fourm. I can respond whoever I want to, regardless if they were "talking to me" or not. Especially to a post that was not quoted to anyone. Not my fault you dont understand how the internet works.

Secondly, I was responding to something that actually had nothing to do with the DCEU. It was actually about the MCU. He made a statement (one that was mostly false, and is often used to prop up the entirety of the MCU), and I was stating the actual history of how it went down. Which has been talked about by many who were integral with that Iron Man film.

Once again HZ flying off the handle about a debate that is only happening in your own head.

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That is a nice little revisionist history fairy tale you're spinning here. But there was not a 10 year plan when they were filming Iron Man (hence the next move that was The Incredible Hulk). Once Iron Man was a hit, and RDJ was synonymy with Tony Stark, then yes they built a very good plan around that. The Iron Man post credit scene was a last minute tack on that was for fun, and a flashing arrow to the future for something that could be. As was the one fro TIH, since they were filming at the same time. There have been plenty of post credit scenes in the history of Hollywood in hopes of a sequel (much less a universe) that end up never amounting to anything. (i.e. Masters of the Universe)

The MCU did not really take shape until Iron Man 2, where they actually built out the universe (not just mentioned it) With more Coulson, Nick Fury as part of the actual Movie, and sliding in Natasha Romanov. Plus actually making Rhodey War Machine. Many of this was actually very "Amazing Spider-man 2ish" and that is why many people dont like this installment.

Not saying this is the case with the DC universe, but lets not act like this MCU was the plan all along. Because if it was, it would have never started with Iron Man.

Actually, Iron Man WAS the start of what they HOPED would be an extended continuity. 

You are right that it wasnt a 10 year plan, but they did have a 4 movie plan to start things off, but they had to wait to see if Iron Man was a hit or it wouldnt have went any further.   Days after Iron Man proved to be a hit, they announced Thor, Captain America and Avengers.   

The point is, there was always a plan for the MCU.   Maybe not super long term, but Kevin Feige steered the ship and made sure everything connected in each movie and was always planning ahead.

Honestly, with some of the recent quotes, I think the way they transition out of Affleck will end up being Flashpoint. 

Something where we see Barry running through the Speed Force, trying to correct a bunch of things that have been altered throughout the film, and just barely not fully correcting something in the past with Gotham. And when he is back to end the film, we get our reveal of the new Bruce/Batman, and Barry acknowledges it, finding it weird, but none of the rest of the league does. And that ends up being the only reference we get, and no one mentions it again.

And the first of the Reeves' Batman Trilogy is how we get to dive fully into the Gotham-verse corner of the new DC Universe. 

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Honestly, with some of the recent quotes, I think the way they transition out of Affleck will end up being Flashpoint. 

Something where we see Barry running through the Speed Force, trying to correct a bunch of things that have been altered throughout the film, and just barely not fully correcting something in the past with Gotham. And when he is back to end the film, we get our reveal of the new Bruce/Batman, and Barry acknowledges it, finding it weird, but none of the rest of the league does. And that ends up being the only reference we get, and no one mentions it again.

And the first of the Reeves' Batman Trilogy is how we get to dive fully into the Gotham-verse corner of the new DC Universe. 

I was thinking something along the lines of....

After Barry returns from Flash point, he finds out that his time travel sent ripples through time, and it does something that messes up the Wayne family tree a bit.  Like, maybe he somehow changed who Bruces  great great grandfather marries, which changes the gene pool through the generations and almost everything stays the same, but alot of the Wayne's now look different because of the different woman his great great grandfather married.    Beyond that, it changes the fact that Lex Luthor....the REAL Lex Luthor, ever had a son, and he never dies and goes on to become Supes' biggest enemy....which would also change the fact that Doomsday was ever created and thus, no death of Superman.    They should also change how the Joker turns out (could still be Leto, but have it be a different version than the Joker we got in SS), maybe make changes to other characters like Lois Lane (Amy Addams has grown on me a bit in the role, but she is already 43....we need a younger Lois going forward.)

Marvel didn't just make Iron Man for the hell of it.  The Avengers was the end game all along.  The MCU wasn't fleshed out yet, but they started making movies under the Marvel Studios banner to get to the big team up movie because they (correctly) assumed it would make them a lot of money.  When Iron Man proved to be a big hit, is when Disney swooped in and bought Marvel Studios.  Props to Disney for not interfering to the Nth degree like WB has done with the DCEU.  I would have loved the DCEU to be great, I even like Man of Steel quite a bit, but they got impatient and meddled and mucked it up.

58 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I was thinking something along the lines of....

After Barry returns from Flash point, he finds out that his time travel sent ripples through time, and it does something that messes up the Wayne family tree a bit.  Like, maybe he somehow changed who Bruces  great great grandfather marries, which changes the gene pool through the generations and almost everything stays the same, but alot of the Wayne's now look different because of the different woman his great great grandfather married.    Beyond that, it changes the fact that Lex Luthor....the REAL Lex Luthor, ever had a son, and he never dies and goes on to become Supes' biggest enemy....which would also change the fact that Doomsday was ever created and thus, no death of Superman.    They should also change how the Joker turns out (could still be Leto, but have it be a different version than the Joker we got in SS), maybe make changes to other characters like Lois Lane (Amy Addams has grown on me a bit in the role, but she is already 43....we need a younger Lois going forward.)

Also great option. Thats the beauty of it. They could change as little (just Bruce) or as much as they feel necessary with Flashpoint.

If they are going to address the Joker, just recast him. Im not sure I trust Leto to go somewhere else with the character.

And I get what youre saying with Lois, but sounds like she is better liked in this one, and I doubt they would change that up unless they had to.

38% on RottenTomatoes with an average rating of 5.3 out of 167 reviews.  Compare that to a 4.9 average from 372 users for BvS and it's gonna be on BvS levels. 

Not surprised considering how much Snyder's hands are on this.  Now it's up to the box office performance to see where the DCEU goes form here. 

58 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

38% on RottenTomatoes with an average rating of 5.3 out of 167 reviews.  Compare that to a 4.9 average from 372 users for BvS and it's gonna be on BvS levels. 

Not surprised considering how much Snyder's hands are on this.  Now it's up to the box office performance to see where the DCEU goes form here. 

Makes me sad to see that. I was really hoping that Whedon could salvage it.

I kind of hope they don't do a Flashpoint reboot. If they want to start over, simply wait a couple years and start over. Use that time to develop a well thought out plan for the next 10-20 years. Also use that time to get actors/directors signed to multi deal contracts with outs in case they suck, morality issues or similar.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

I kind of hope they don't do a Flashpoint reboot. If they want to start over, simply wait a couple years and start over. Use that time to develop a well thought out plan for the next 10-20 years. Also use that time to get actors/directors signed to multi deal contracts with outs in case they suck, morality issues or similar.

I agree with you completely, but it's not gonna happen this way.  If it was up to me, every single movie they have planned would be cancelled and they would start over completely with a Batman movie and go from there. 

I don't remember the whale scene in MoS that followed when Kal saved the workers from the oil platform but I did see the scene last night on FX.  But it wasn't in the theatrical version was it? 

Jason Mamoa confirmed it was an official crossover with JL. 

And why is Aquaman saying stuff like "I can dig it"?  Does he have DirecTV in Atlantis to learn such slang?  ?

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I don't remember the whale scene in MoS that followed when Kal saved the workers from the oil platform but I did see the scene last night on FX.  But it wasn't in the theatrical version was it? 

Jason Mamoa confirmed it was an official crossover with JL. 

And why is Aquaman saying stuff like "I can dig it"?  Does he have DirecTV in Atlantis to learn such slang?  ?

Yeah it was in there, with him floating/sinking in the water. I don't think you can call it a crossover though. There was no indication that the whale saved him or anything to do with Aquaman. I think it's just people looking back and saying it is.

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Admit it, you just want Bale back. :P

Archived