Justice League

Acgott

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is that actually in the movie?...

Yes. Cavill had to film the reshoots sporting a huge mustache since he was in the middle of filming the next Mission Impossible film and was unable to shave off the mustache per his contract. The only solution was to use CGI to remove the mustache.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes. Cavill had to film the reshoots sporting a huge mustache since he was in the middle of filming the next Mission Impossible film and was unable to shave off the mustache per his contract. The only solution was to use CGI to remove the mustache.

Really? They couldn't give him a fake Super Trooper mustache on set? 

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Really? They couldn't give him a fake Super Trooper mustache on set? 

Why would Paramount cater to WB like that?  Cavill was under contract to them and the look was part of the character.

Sounding more and more like this is another BvS2: Now With Jokes! 

29 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Why would Paramount cater to WB like that?  Cavill was under contract to them and the look was part of the character.

Sounding more and more like this is another BvS2: Now With Jokes! 

If you dont like the movie, thats fine...but you (along with others) sound like you outright WANT the movie to suck, and thats what gets annoying on here.    I am eager to see what people think, good or bad, but then there some like you who are just constantly negative before youve even seen it.   Youve clearly already decided youre going to hate it.   

Just saw it last night, here were my immediate reactions;

This is not a great movie. But it is a good enough movie. I enjoyed watching it, because most of the time you could tell the JL members were enjoying making it. I know the RT scores are low, but I’ll say this; it was a better movie experience than Age of Ultron. 

Now for a bit more detailed. You could see the seams of the pile of garbage film that Zach Snyder handed over to them (its now more obvious than ever that the situation was a convenient scape goat to replace him) but also Whedons fingerprints are all over it, and sometimes too much. 

The story is fine, a very simple and straightforward one. But it, just like the character development of some (Cyborg), feels like it is stuck in fast forward after the first 30-40 min (which actually felt like recruiting scenes could have had better use of their allotted time) but once the band is together, it really moves and you better buckle up. Unfortunately you can really feel that 2hr limit mandate from the studio throughout the whole movie.

As far as the characters, WW does what she does and is still damn good at it (really wish they would have done something better with her solo scene). Aquaman was so much fun, and they were smart in showing multiple levels of him as well as why he isn’t in Atlantis, very excited about the Aquaman movie. You can tell Whedon took over the Flash character, and I quite enjoyed Ezra’s performance, but I would understand if felt like he was a bit much. Still disappointed in Cyborg, like I assumed I would be, he is really there to talk some tech, and do a thing. Didn’t feel like he was all that needed. Affleck is still having fun being Bruce/Batman, but they use many “old” tropes, and have the “you can’t do this forever” convo. Definitely setting this up for his exit. (But his and Diana’s interactions are great, which will make it harder to pull off that switch of they pretend none of it ever happened)

Steppenwolf was not a good villain, which is completely fine. He is not supposed to be anything other than a force that needs to be stopped. His dialogue needed an overhaul, but of all the CG that was an issue, he actually didn’t really bother me. If you don’t understand why he is there doing what he is doing, then you weren’t paying attention, because it is very simply stated. 

Just so you are aware, ALOT of this movie is in the trailers. Which really sucks. But you can also tell they must not have had much to work with from the Snyder mess. But the parts that aren’t, especially the Superman stuff is really great. They handled that really well. And you believe that whole interaction.

In the end, it’s a simple superhero team up story. And they do a good job with that. 

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

In the end, it’s a simple superhero team up story. And they do a good job with that

By the way. They did 2 post credit scenes. The first is just a fun nod to nerd debate. But the second, some of you are really not going to like. I actually loved it, but it is an obvious indication that we will be moving forward with more of this same universe. 

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

By the way. They did 2 post credit scenes. The first is just a fun nod to nerd debate. But the second, some of you are really not going to like. I actually loved it, but it is an obvious indication that we will be moving forward with more of this same universe. 

So are the two post credit scenes back to back or like mid and ending credits?

54 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If you dont like the movie, thats fine...but you (along with others) sound like you outright WANT the movie to suck, and thats what gets annoying on here.    I am eager to see what people think, good or bad, but then there some like you who are just constantly negative before youve even seen it.   Youve clearly already decided youre going to hate it.   

I haven't seen it yet, but I imagine I will.  I want it to be great.  I expect it to be another muddled mish mash like everything post Man of Steel has been.  I don't think I've hated a single DCEU movie yet.  Suicide Squad was bad, but it was at least somewhat enjoyable (the first time, rewatch did not hold up well).  I like BvS, but to call it anything other than a disappointment would be lying to myself.  I was super pumped for the DCEU, and it's hard not to rag on it when it has let me down so much already.

Just ran across this meme, you can't tell me it's not true.

pratt-3aldana-bautsta-decel-cooper-guard

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I imagine I will.  I want it to be great.  I expect it to be another muddled mish mash like everything post Man of Steel has been.  I don't think I've hated a single DCEU movie yet.  Suicide Squad was bad, but it was at least somewhat enjoyable (the first time, rewatch did not hold up well).  I like BvS, but to call it anything other than a disappointment would be lying to myself.  I was super pumped for the DCEU, and it's hard not to rag on it when it has let me down so much already.

Just ran across this meme, you can't tell me it's not true.

pratt-3aldana-bautsta-decel-cooper-guard

Dat meme doe.. it's pretty spot on. SMDH

44 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You need to quit saying this to people.  It's not true.  As The Duke corrected, he wants it to be great.  I want it to be great.  He expects it to suck.  I expect it to suck.  If it sucks, I want it to suck so hard and bad that they're forced to do a reboot.  I have every right to want it to fail if it sucks because I like DC's potential as much as you do. 

"Constantly negative before you've even seen it..." This doesn't make any sense either.  Every single indication is that the movie sucks compared to how good it should be.  You know it's not going to be a good movie.  You know it's going to have a lot of stupid, stupid, stupid irredeemable qualities to it.  You've chosen to ignore those irredeemable qualities in BvS and Suicide Squad.  Some people can't, and they want a reboot.

If you let another person's opinion of a movie impact your opinion of a movie, that's your own fault.  Nobody here wants the movie to suck.  Nobody.  You can tell when there are blatant haters.  The Duke isn't one, I'm not one.  If you don't want to read negative thoughts or alternate opinions, ignore the people who offer them. 

I'm not trying to stir **** up here.  I'm saying you need to quit because the only thing that's going on here is you getting upset about pessimistic fans.  Nobody in this thread is a DC hater. 

Archived