eh3034 - 4 Rounds

eh3034

On 3/28/2022 at 1:29 AM, eh3034 said:

21 - New England - George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue -     24 - Dallas - Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia

Patriots

Sorry it just doesn't work based on needs. They need pressure and that come from the middle.

You implied that Wyatt is one of the best in the draft. Pats defense have 3 young players for the edge. There DL has one player Barmore. You said it put Wyatt in there and they become  great. Wyatt helps the Pats on all three levels.

54 - New England - Skyy Moore, WR, W. Michigan

Yes that what all the so call experts say WR but we are talking BB. He will take the LB Walker. Also in BB head he is set with his WR group. He bought a paid for it last year. He doesn't see a need.  Personally love Moore however watch BB for 20 years the pick doesn't add up.

85 - New England - Cole Strange, OL, Chattanooga

I can't complain about the pick.  But I might have missed it. Do you have Troy Anderson in your mock. Reason I would say BB would take him at this spot. Speed is what he need desperately.  OLG they have guys on the roster to fill that need. Good or bad!!!!

127 - New England - Mario Goodrich, CB, Clemson

Can't complain however in true BB fashion its a good probility he doesn't take a CB this early or in the draft!!!!!!  Yup and I'm not Bs-ings. He frustrate the heck ouy of Pats fans!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

Corral is terrible. I wouldn't touch him in the first 3 rounds.

Your opinion my friend i feel the same way about every QB besides Willis and Corral lol  I have both of them late 1st early 2nd round guys.   But even then i would much prefer not to take any QB this year and still do that trade down.  Im all for going back to 20 and taking a guy like  Dean, Wyatt, Karlaftis, Booth, or a personal favorite Linderbaum.  I think adding Linderaum to that group i put up there besides Corral would be a great move.  Then draft a QB next year in a stronger class with much more talent around the new QB to help him succeed. 

I'm cool with Wilson at 15. Meh with Davis at 16, and Hargrave isn't going anywhere. Strong extension candidate. Cox probably will be gone after this year. We have DT Milton Williams who showed promise as a rookie. Like I said, meh pick but I'd get behind it eventually. I'd be cool with Lloyd, although we do have more than just Edwards now at LB, with the Kyzir White signing. Thrilled with Brisker at 51. Need more than McCollum at CB.

Edited by EagleBlueDon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Why 2 DT's in first 4 rounds? We have Dawkins and Spencer Brown locked in. 

This draft is awful for us 

You did not get 2 OTs, Volson will be a G (that could play RT in a pinch) for whoever drafts him.  When this draft was created, Boettger and Bates were not yet resigned, so that pick will be changed in my next version.  You can't say it was an "awful" pick if Boettger and Bates weren't resigned considering Buffalo literally considered it a big enough need to bring both guys back.  The only way this pick is flagged as "awful" is if you don't know enough about Volson, and if you don't realize that the mock was made the day before Boettger and Bates were officially brought back.

I'm also not sure why Spencer Brown, the 71st ranked T in the league last year (source PFF), is "locked in" as your starter.  Imagine if Josh Allen had an actual good T to pair with Dawkins and not one that rates out to be an average at best backup.  Brown is a decent run blocker playing on a team that doesn't run the ball.  He's a terrible pass blocker.  Don't let the 1 sack allowed fool you, he allowed 36 QB pressures and actually graded as one of the worst pass blocking Ts in the entire league.  Sure, Cincy proved you can get there with some shoddy OL parts, but Smith would be a huge upgrade here and calling that pick "awful" is questionable at best unless you simply hat the player (who I listed as a love/hate player, so I'd at least understand if you called it out as such).

I do not believe Duke Johnson or Devin Singletary is the answer for Buffalo at RB, hence the Walker pick (I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss cut in the preseason). I can get on board with Buffalo fans thinking this specific selection is "awful" because the Singletary/Duke Johnson duo can be serviceable, but if you are "locked in" with the "awful" Spencer Brown then we will never be on the same page.  I don't think a "serviceable" backfield is good enough for a legit championship contender. 

Finally, I don't see Emerson as an "awful" pick at all, in fact it is great value for where they got him.  Sure Buffalo has quality but unproven reserve CBs who could step up, but you need to replace Levi Wallace's vacated roster spot, so I'd be pretty surprised if they don't draft a CB somewhere in this draft (unless they sign someone between now and then).

8 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm cool with Wilson at 15. Meh with Davis at 16, and Hargrave isn't going anywhere. Strong extension candidate. Cox probably will be gone after this year. We have DT Milton Williams who showed promise as a rookie. Like I said, meh pick but I'd get behind it eventually. I'd be cool with Lloyd, although we do have more than just Edwards now at LB, with the Kyzir White signing. Thrilled with Brisker at 51. Need more than McCollum at CB.

Agreed in Lloyd, the Kyzir White signing likely changes my direction at this spot.  Booth might be in play at 19 next time around (I think that's a bit high for him myself, but I may end up with him there).

4 hours ago, eh3034 said:

Agreed in Lloyd, the Kyzir White signing likely changes my direction at this spot.  Booth might be in play at 19 next time around (I think that's a bit high for him myself, but I may end up with him there).

I like Booth so I'd be real happy about that haha

• Like 1

I'd probably prefer Williams over Olave at 17 but definitely think WR is on their mind in the 1st. 

Picking up a tackle in the 3rd is wise.

Torn on TE in the 4th. Not a bad prospect but they just drafted Mckitty last year and Parham is just 24yo too. I think someone like Marcus Jones CB would be better to help fill some CB depth, a true slot SB lets ASJ come out wide, and you get someone who should be a pretty good return man at the same time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eh3034 said:

You did not get 2 OTs, Volson will be a G (that could play RT in a pinch) for whoever drafts him.  When this draft was created, Boettger and Bates were not yet resigned, so that pick will be changed in my next version.  You can't say it was an "awful" pick if Boettger and Bates weren't resigned considering Buffalo literally considered it a big enough need to bring both guys back.  The only way this pick is flagged as "awful" is if you don't know enough about Volson, and if you don't realize that the mock was made the day before Boettger and Bates were officially brought back.

I'm also not sure why Spencer Brown, the 71st ranked T in the league last year (source PFF), is "locked in" as your starter.  Imagine if Josh Allen had an actual good T to pair with Dawkins and not one that rates out to be an average at best backup.  Brown is a decent run blocker playing on a team that doesn't run the ball.  He's a terrible pass blocker.  Don't let the 1 sack allowed fool you, he allowed 36 QB pressures and actually graded as one of the worst pass blocking Ts in the entire league.  Sure, Cincy proved you can get there with some shoddy OL parts, but Smith would be a huge upgrade here and calling that pick "awful" is questionable at best unless you simply hat the player (who I listed as a love/hate player, so I'd at least understand if you called it out as such).

I do not believe Duke Johnson or Devin Singletary is the answer for Buffalo at RB, hence the Walker pick (I wouldn't be surprised to see Moss cut in the preseason). I can get on board with Buffalo fans thinking this specific selection is "awful" because the Singletary/Duke Johnson duo can be serviceable, but if you are "locked in" with the "awful" Spencer Brown then we will never be on the same page.  I don't think a "serviceable" backfield is good enough for a legit championship contender. 

Finally, I don't see Emerson as an "awful" pick at all, in fact it is great value for where they got him.  Sure Buffalo has quality but unproven reserve CBs who could step up, but you need to replace Levi Wallace's vacated roster spot, so I'd be pretty surprised if they don't draft a CB somewhere in this draft (unless they sign someone between now and then).

It's a awful draft.. Nevermind needs, Tyler Smith is a big huge reach.

You're using PFF to judge a player you never watched or followed. Brown got thrown in premature and got better by the week. Hes 100% locked in as our RT. Sure he had moments where he got lost but that reflects more on him being thrown into the fire too early. Were gonna draft OL but 100% not investing that much that early with what's on the board and what we need. 

I dont hate Kennetth Walker pick but the other 3 are D grades at best lol

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It's a awful draft.. Nevermind needs, Tyler Smith is a big huge reach.

You're using PFF to judge a player you never watched or followed. Brown got thrown in premature and got better by the week. Hes 100% locked in as our RT. Sure he had moments where he got lost but that reflects more on him being thrown into the fire too early. Were gonna draft OL but 100% not investing that much that early with what's on the board and what we need. 

I dont hate Kennetth Walker pick but the other 3 are D grades at best lol

I can respect you disliking Smith as I literally called out he's a love/hate prospect. There are plenty of draft guru's that rate him 2nd round, and others that rate him as top 15 overall player.  You and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum on him and that's fine.  I also think Brown sucks (you disagree, and that's fine, I like players that many people think suck too) and Smith would be a huge asset to the team.  You are dinging me on the Volson pick just to be a jerk honestly, as I've already explained why that, at the time of this mock, was an A+ pick considering the team was -2 Gs compared to where they are today.  Not sure why you don't see him as a G, so I would have to say you are "judging a player you've never watched or followed" in that regard lol.  Also why you would grade a 3rd round CB being drafted at about his position on his big board to replace Wallace, as a "D at best," is questionable at best and spiteful at worst.  

If you want to grade Smith a D or F because you don't think he's worth a 1, fine that's understandable.  I will never be in agreement with you that Brown is a starting RT, his pass blocking is abysmal.  I'm glad you don't hate the Walker pick, but that comment immediately makes your initial comment of "awful" null and void.  Dismissing the 3rd round CB makes no sense to me at all, and I've already discussed the 4th round pick being an A+ pick at the time.  Yes it is an F pick today because Boettger and Bates came back, but if they both left (they weren't officially on the team when this was made) that is an A+ pick.  If you disagree with that it must mean you think the resignings of Boettger and Bates are Fs, and if that is how you feel that at least I would better understand the flawed logic behind hating that pick so much.

Unless you're sliding our pick in the 3rd into RG that's a waste of a pick with much bigger needs there. Then you follow it up with a 2nd OL? Try for a CB, Edge, RB or even a TE. IOL is likely taken as depth and we might be in the market for an ILB. We signed Joe Noteboom who we've groomed to take over LT from Whitworth when he retired and our RT is among the best in the game so OT is not a 3rd round pick, our first pick, need at all.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:06 AM, FalconFan13 said:

Even as much as i don't want a QB in round 1 this year it's atleast better than taking a WR in round 1 this year lol.  Willis and Corral are honestly the only 2 QB's i would even look at in the 1st 2 rounds. Although for me they are both late 1st to early 2nd round guys but my evaluation and what each different gm would do could be completely different things. Some might value them like i do some might see them as top 3 talents in this draft. 

Now as for the players i actually like every player selected for us to a certain degree and think we got good value on all of them outside of Willis.   I myself would prefer to trade down to mid to late teens or early 20's and go QB if we have to go QB round 1.   If Willis is gone cool beans we take Corral there if we must go QB and then use the 1 or 2 more 2nd to 3rd round picks we got to add another WR or Edge rusher.   Maybe something like this would be my ideal draft if we traded down and took a QB still.

Trade from 8 to say 20  Pitts comes get Willis we get 20 and a 2nd + 3rd   Crazy part is the value on this trade is exactly spot on based on the charts like flat even.  Usually that never works out that way when im doing these XD   8 - 1400     /     20 - 850   52 - 380   84 - 170  = 1400

20 - Matt Corral  - QB
2A - Pickens / Watson - WR
2B -  Sky Moore - WR
2C - Nic Bonitto - Edge
3A - Brian Asamoah - LB
3B - Isaiah Spiller - RB
3C - Kingsley Enagbare - Edge
4th - Darian Kinnard -  OL

To me the Steelers are in a much better shape roster wise to give Willis a chance to succeed where as we could use alot more picks to fill out a roster for the rebuild while still picking up imo 1B when it comes to QB's i have Willis and Corral pretty close overall.    It gives our defense much more talent to work with and gives our new QB much better weapons around him.

As a steeler fan, I’d vomit. But I believe a trade up for Willis is highly likely, maybe the most likely scenario. We are too transparent and rarely if ever trade back or do smokescreens. Imo, this is the year to rebuild the roster. It seems deep at a lot of positions we need and just look at this stacked afc. So I’m not gonna watch the first round, lol. 

8 hours ago, SMashMouthMike said:

As a steeler fan, I’d vomit. But I believe a trade up for Willis is highly likely, maybe the most likely scenario. We are too transparent and rarely if ever trade back or do smokescreens. Imo, this is the year to rebuild the roster. It seems deep at a lot of positions we need and just look at this stacked afc. So I’m not gonna watch the first round, lol. 

lol i feel you fam under Dimitroff we were notorious for trading up for players and im not a fan of it 90% of the time.  Where as i hope the Falcons trade down and get alot of picks like in that scenario.  I highly doubt we do it or it happens and i fully expect us to stay at 8 and take a WR or QB just because thats what i don't want us to do XD