Official FootballsFuture Top 36 QB's as voted on by the Forum

BayRaider

6 hours ago, biggie. said:

If wins aren't a QB stat, then why is the general consesus Montana > Marino, Brady > Manning and Kirk Cousins is a meme?

I've noticed a trend where the people who say "wins aren't a QB stat" tend to be fans of loser franchises.

Winning 4 and 7 SBs are exceptions, not norms. If Montana had even just 2. The consensus is likely Marino >> Montana and if Brady had 4, likely consensus is Peyton with 2 >>.

You have to do an abnormal amount of winning, for winning to be a factor.

Its like saying Tua >> Herbert because he has a better win percentage. It's a casual's talking point.

53 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Winning 4 and 7 SBs are exceptions, not norms. If Montana had even just 2. The consensus is likely Marino >> Montana and if Brady had 4, likely consensus is Peyton with 2 >>.

Its like saying Tua >> Herbert because he has a better win percentage. It's a casual's talking point.

And that's precisely WHY they're the GOATs of their era: the amount of SB's they won is abnormal.

• Like 1

28 Denver fans feel wins for Elway 

In the Super Bowl definitely count

The same for Manning tried to look Peyton up today but he did not come in for breakfast to ask him personally. 

Edited by mtmmike
Stupid

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Its like saying Tua >> Herbert because he has a better win percentage. It's a casual's 

You guys make me laugh.

Professional football players laugh at you then you come across as a know it all.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

You guys make me laugh.

Professional football players laugh at you then you come across as a know it all.

What the hell are you even talking about perro?

Link me to an athlete laughing at me... he can get these hands.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, biggie. said:

And that's precisely WHY they're the GOATs of their era: the amount of SB's they won is abnormal.

I thought about arguing this point (edit - meant to quote your initial Brady argument but whatever) , because it's valid-ish, but I'm a "wins aren't a QB stat guy", so I'm glad I didn't have to be the one to do it lol.

I think rational folks will weigh SBs in accordance with context + other careers stats, of course, to create a bigger picture.

What that weight is, depends on what side of the argument I'm in. 

Edited by Soggust

47 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

What the hell are you even talking about perro?

Link me to an athlete laughing at me... he can get these hands.

Thank you have a good

Your line is my final victory 

Let's make fun of him because he does not type well.

11 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Thank you have a good

Your line is my final victory 

Let's make fun of him because he does not type well.

I live in Jackson feel to drive here and call my bluff of course my time is 500.00 pet hour so I will need at least 1500 in cash up front plus a american express card.

Mountainmikestours.com

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So if we cherry pick starting at Bradys best season and going through the years with Mannings worst year, they are equal? Got it. 

Now do the same exercise but opposite. Start at the beginning of their careers through 2014. Now Manning makes Brady look like a second class player. 

Everything's contextual. Manning was playing with Harrison and then Harrison/Wayne *not to mention Faul and Edge while  Brady was playing with Brown and Branch. Even if they were completely equal, you would expect Manning to have better statistics based on that. When Brady got Moss, he proved with an A list talented receiver he could put up numbers comprable or better than Manning. 

Also there's a lot more nuance in it. Manning even at his best always was on the higher end of interceptions, especially compared to Brady. So you always had this "he's going to throw a pick in a big game that gets the other team a chance" type situation. 

At this point it's kind of a dumb argument though. Take winning aside for a second, Brady has a higher passer rating, a slightly lower yards per average, more 40+ TD seasons, way more sub 10 INT seasons, and his longevity is going to blow Peyton out of the water in volume stats. The big difference statistically was that back in the early 2000's when Brady was winning Super Bowls, Peyton was putting up monster numbers. As their careers evened out and we saw Brady with closer comprable talent, we saw he was statisically as good or better. Then accolade wise, Brady has such an outlier career that it doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Brady has a higher passer rating, a slightly lower yards per average, more 40+ TD seasons

If were going to talk about context, then Brady has also played, what, 6 more years in the "easy" passing era. At one point, you know who the (tied) #1 rated QBs in the NFL were? 

Romo and Manning at 97-98ish. 

Now, 98 is considered pretty great, but the leader is at 105. 

Edited by Matts4313