Dolphins trade DeVante Parker to Patriots

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

both picks in the deal are in the 2023 draft.

Everything I have seen,  its 2022 5th RD???

You have anything that say different?

I don't understand your reply? My comment is just on Cooper comparison. 

I really don't care what happens for the Fins or where he's ranked on their depth chart.

All I care is the Pats did well with this trade.

27 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

You're not the only one still thinking this, but everyone should note that both picks in the deal are in the 2023 draft.  Assuming the Pats are picking in the likely 20-25 range, it equates to roughly a 3rd round comp pick for the Fins when it is all over and done with.  I don't think even the most optimistic fans thought that it was a possibility for their #4 WR.  Parker's upside makes it reasonable for the Pats to roll the dice there as well.  They are abysmal at identifying WR talent in the draft, so getting a guy that has shown he can play at the NFL level is a must for them; even if he has extreme durability concerns.

Every report has the Dolphins sending a 2022 fifth round draft pick back to the Patriots. A 2023 3rd is draft pick is equivalent under the draft pick trade value chart as being equivalent of 2022 4th. So it’s a fourth swap for a fifth. 

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Everything I have seen,  its 2022 5th RD???

You have anything that say different?

I don't understand your reply? My comment is just on Cooper comparison. 

I really don't care what happens for the Fins or where he's ranked on their depth chart.

All I care is the Pats did well with this trade.

Rapoport edited an earlier tweet that had 2022.  All other media blurbs quote Schefter, who mistakenly said 2022.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Every report has the Dolphins sending a 2022 fifth round draft pick back to the Patriots. A 2023 3rd is draft pick is equivalent under the draft pick trade value chart as being equivalent of 2022 4th. So it’s a fourth swap for a fifth. 

See above.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Rapoport edited an earlier tweet that had 2022.  All other media blurbs quote Schefter, who mistakenly said 2022.  

The Miami Dolphins are trading veteran wide receiver DeVante Parker and a 2022 fifth-round pick to the New England Patriots for a 2023 third-round selection, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per sources.”

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/devante-parker-trade-patriots-acquiring-receiver-dolphins

20 hours ago, SkippyX said:

When assigning draft pick value you drop the pick down a round for every year in the future. So the value was a 5th this year for a 3rd (4th value) next year.

Its a decent trade for a guy who put up 1202 and 9 in 2019.

• That was 5th in yards and tied 4th in TDs (tied with 4 more guys)
  • He had 37 year old Fitz and Josh Rosen as his QBs that year

If he has not shown you anything then its a you problem.

Guys having career years with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB is actually surprisingly common. Stevie Johnson, Kendall Wright, Quincy Enunwa, Brandon Marshall, Mike Evans, Davante Parker, all had the best statistical seasons of their careers with Fitzpatrick at QB. Eric Decker got close as well. Hell, Deandre Hopkins broke out with Fitz he just didn't hang around long enough to see Hopkins turn elite. Fitz isn't a great QB, but he's actually very good for WR productivity. Basically every stop he had except Cincy.

6 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

The Miami Dolphins are trading veteran wide receiver DeVante Parker and a 2022 fifth-round pick to the New England Patriots for a 2023 third-round selection, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, per sources.”

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/devante-parker-trade-patriots-acquiring-receiver-dolphins

Yes, that was Rapoport's first report.  He updated it to 2023, which is the tweet I provided.  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:11 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Only half the story. He is virtually always dealing with niggling injuries of some sort limiting his productivity.

It's not even close to half the story. I can't believe anyone resorted to an attempted deflection of that type. Parker is the opposite of the Monty Python Black Knight. Everything to Parker is like a limb falling off, even if it looked like a mere tickle. If he's on any type of list then you know darn well he's not going to be out there. If he gets nicked during a game he's not only not coming back in that game but you can forget about him for a month. 

That said, I knew the league had a higher opinion of Parker than Dolphin fans realized, and that Belichick in particular liked Parker. It was always obvious in Belichick's body language and comments. Parker has given New England fits even when they schemed to take him away. I remember Parker toying with Gilmore during Gilmore's best season. That type of thing is going to create a lasting impression.

Parker is a lumbering type who was always somewhat overrated. He put me to sleep in Orlando when I tried to focus on him every play from the stands when the Canes faced Louisville in a bowl game. No separation or burst or variety whatsoever. Consequently I hated him as a first round pick. But over time you identify the few things he can do. Parker is a load on quick slants. He'll use the proper angle and defenders are wary of his frame. Those are dependable plays that Miami never utilized enough during Parker's tenure.

His other strength is deep sideline throws. He beat Gilmore and others on those plays, often on third down and seemingly when blanketed. Big body intimidation. He uses positioning more than leaping ability. Deep sideline passes are low percentage to begin with, so a receiver who can steal percentages in that category is a big plus.

Mac Jones is limited physically and gets in trouble when the play extends. Parker on those sideline throws provides an option to just throw it up there and trust the receiver. Fitzpatrick understood that mode far more than Tua so far, although did connect with Parker on that type of play against the Patriots early third quarter of last season's opener.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FinSting said:

they are currently showing a recent Fins' WR signing as this WR guy from 2001

Cedrick Wilson is a Super Bowl champion WR. Show some respect.

No one appreciates the history of the game anymore. Apparently, no one in Miami remembers what happened the last time they shipped off a WR to NE on the cheap. 

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Cedrick Wilson is a Super Bowl champion WR. Show some respect.

No one appreciates the history of the game anymore. Apparently, no one in Miami remembers what happened the last time they shipped off a WR to NE on the cheap. 

Isaiah Ford?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

It's not even close to half the story. I can't believe anyone resorted to an attempted deflection of that type. Parker is the opposite of the Monty Python Black Knight. Everything to Parker is like a limb falling off, even if it looked like a mere tickle. If he's on any type of list then you know darn well he's not going to be out there. If he gets nicked during a game he's not only not coming back in that game but you can forget about him for a month. 

That said, I knew the league had a higher opinion of Parker than Dolphin fans realized, and that Belichick in particular liked Parker. It was always obvious in Belichick's body language and comments. Parker has given New England fits even when they schemed to take him away. I remember Parker toying with Gilmore during Gilmore's best season. That type of thing is going to create a lasting impression.

Parker is a lumbering type who was always somewhat overrated. He put me to sleep in Orlando when I tried to focus on him every play from the stands when the Canes faced Louisville in a bowl game. No separation or burst or variety whatsoever. Consequently I hated him as a first round pick. But over time you identify the few things he can do. Parker is a load on quick slants. He'll use the proper angle and defenders are wary of his frame. Those are dependable plays that Miami never utilized enough during Parker's tenure.

His other strength is deep sideline throws. He beat Gilmore and others on those plays, often on third down and seemingly when blanketed. Big body intimidation. He uses positioning more than leaping ability. Deep sideline passes are low percentage to begin with, so a receiver who can steal percentages in that category is a big plus.

Mac Jones is limited physically and gets in trouble when the play extends. Parker on those sideline throws provides an option to just throw it up there and trust the receiver. Fitzpatrick understood that mode far more than Tua so far, although did connect with Parker on that type of play against the Patriots early third quarter of last season's opener.

Sounds like what we wanted Harry to be. Harry should go now