Moretti's May Mock #1

moretti19

3 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

My two outsider "Criticisms" are that at this point I just can't see Seattle (or probably anyone) even paying that for Love. Sorry, just how I and quite a few others feel at this point.

And two, I think a lot of draftniks at this point just think Travis Jones isn't going to reach that draft slot. Crazier things have happened, but I believe there's real smoke to the first round hype he's getting. Or at least in that regard somewhere between 33-43. He's got a lot of things to like.

Edit: Good mock though overall. Liked it.

I definitely think with the weak qb draft class it helps Loves value but I agree that it’s unlikely we trade him. Makes for a good mock though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

My two outsider "Criticisms" are that at this point I just can't see Seattle (or probably anyone) even paying that for Love. Sorry, just how I and quite a few others feel at this point.

I would assume that @moretti19's mock was meant more to use in the sense that Green Bay probably isn't moving Jordan Love for anything less than Early Day 2 value.  If you want to argue that Love isn't that valuable, I wouldn't fight you too hard even if I don't agree.  But Green Bay isn't moving Jordan Love for the sake of moving him.

7 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

And two, I think a lot of draftniks at this point just think Travis Jones isn't going to reach that draft slot. Crazier things have happened, but I believe there's real smoke to the first round hype he's getting. Or at least in that regard somewhere between 33-43. He's got a lot of things to like.

I'm not sure I buy the hype that he's going in the first round, but I think he's in that 33-50 range pretty easily.

18 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Edit: Good mock though overall. Liked it.

I don't see another team trading a valuable high pick for Love either.  He is more valuable to us as Rodgers' backup.  I want to see what Clements can do with him.

15 hours ago, thrILL! said:

28 is likely our last shot at him barring a trade up from 53.  

Trade down from #28 into the early second round.  Use the pick or another to trade up from 59.  Get in that sweet spot.  If the board doesn't fall Gute's way expect him to maneuver around to get his guys.  Got to get to a point where need equals value.  

1 hour ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I like the trade but struggling with the draft. At 28, why not take Kenyon Green or Zion Johnson? Also, I don’t understand the reason for trading Jordan Love. 

He is quite possibly the best center prospect in the last 10 years.

We are committed to Rogers, mind as well get something for Love.

6 hours ago, moretti19 said:

He is quite possibly the best center prospect in the last 10 years.

We are committed to Rogers, mind as well get something for Love.

He’s under 300 lbs. and the Packers mentioned that they liked Myers because of his size. I know he is skilled with his wrestling background, I just have a had time seeing them moving Myers to guard to hope that it works out versus taking someone like Zion Johnson or Kenyon Green where that’s their comfort zone. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

It really isn't. Especially if you run a ZBS. I've never had a first round graded center since I started doing my board in 2011, I have Linderbaum in rd 1.

He's a Center.

He's not a standout prospect in a bunch of areas even if he's elite in others.

Guys who aren't studs in every system aren't the best center prospect in 10 years. 

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's a Center.

He's not a standout prospect in a bunch of areas even if he's elite in others.

Guys who aren't studs in every system aren't the best center prospect in 10 years. 

He's one of the best inside zone weapons I've seen at IOL. Are you trying to say a ZBS team is going to downgrade him because he might not be as good in a scheme they don't employ?

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's one of the best inside zone weapons I've seen at IOL. Are you trying to say a ZBS team is going to downgrade him because he might not be as good in a scheme they don't employ?

Yes, if you know he's not going to be on (or high on) half the league's boards, his value is diminished. You see the exact same thing happen with Free Agent contracts.