Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

8 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

You can have all the opinion you want.  I can be as impolite as I want, within the rules of the forum, informing you of how wrong your opinion is.  Welcome to FF.  Wear a helmet, hold a hand.

A true NFL guy, a QB guru even, gave us Brandon Weeden.  So excuse me if I think that opinion is idiotic.

I implore you to go back to Hue's introductory press conference, and also the postmortem press conference after last year.  Both times, and many other times, you have ownership and management gushing over Hue Jackson's ability to identify, evaluate and develop QBs.  All the while Hue smugly smiling drinking it all in, nodding in agreement.

Hue is the true NFL talent guy we hired.  He has failed.

Don't believe me? Ask his buddy Mike Silver.

"He gets to decide, brother.  Sorry."

I get that you want to kill the FO for whiffing on 4th round WRs.  But if you do that, you must acknowledge that you are killing the front office for picks that rarely make an NFL team.  The fact that Louis and Higgins are still on the roster just speaks to the bare cupboards that were here after 2014 when Sashi took over.  They were bare at every position.  WR is just the one that has not addressed to the extent that others have.  Other positions that would not have been able to have been filled without multiple trades executed by a man who you want to dismiss because he didn't fill 50 holes in 2 offseasons.

The biggest hole to be filled, QB, could have been filled if Hue thought Wentz was worth the pick at 2.  He didnt, as clearly stated above, so here we are.  Deceived by a fraud, and coached into an oblivion of losses.  

If you fail to see that, then your opinion is based on an uneducated stance, and subject to ridicule.  Do better.

Well a quick search provides a different narrative to what you think has taken place.  There is one guy, and one guy ONLY , that has the FINAL say on the 53 man roster....that's ur boy Sashi.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20171015/jimmy-haslam-should-fire-sashi-brown-for-passing-on-carson-wentz-deshaun-watson-jeff-schudel

http://radio.cbssports.com/2017/10/06/la-canfora-browns-are-broken-and-its-not-hue-jacksons-fault/

Sashi having the final say=/= Hue having no input.

If Hue was adamant about Wentz/Watson at 2/12 in 2016 or 2017, they'd be on the roster in all likelihood, especially Watson, considering it was our 2nd first rounder. MAYBE not Wentz.

16 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Well a quick search provides a different narrative to what you think has taken place.  There is one guy, and one guy ONLY , that has the FINAL say on the 53 man roster....that's ur boy Sashi.

http://www.news-herald.com/sports/20171015/jimmy-haslam-should-fire-sashi-brown-for-passing-on-carson-wentz-deshaun-watson-jeff-schudel

http://radio.cbssports.com/2017/10/06/la-canfora-browns-are-broken-and-its-not-hue-jacksons-fault/

Your search found CYA material laid out by Hue after Wentz became an MVP candidate, and also some LaCanfora trash.

Look at the timestamps on those tweets. That is the genuine article. I could find more, but it's pointless. I'm obviously posting these rivers of truth for horses who refuse to drink.

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Sashi having the final say=/= Hue having no input.

If Hue was adamant about Wentz/Watson at 2/12 in 2016 or 2017, they'd be on the roster in all likelihood, especially Watson, considering it was our 2nd first rounder. MAYBE not Wentz.

Just look at who was at Wentz's pro day. Hue Jackson and Pepper Hamilton. No Sashi. He left the evaluation up to Hue. Later that day we signed RG3.

The truth is out there, for those who seek it. Others choose to believe that Sashi fashions himself a QB expert and told Hue to pound sand when he begged for Wentz and Watson, despite the logical fallacies involved.

No use in trying to convince them otherwise. Old head newspaper guy and known liar guy say Hue is the victim of an megalomaniacal lawyer.

If Wentz or Watson were here, would these dumb redzone plays with one delayed outlet work? Would the clock stop on it's own to get more than one play off in the last 20 seconds? Would Wentz and Watson complete every play with 4 vertical options on 3rd and short from midfield?

If you believe LaCanfora, the answer must be yes.

Hue may deserve to be fired for the above-mentioned "coaching" fallacies that you present.  I have even stated that there are guys that just aren't cut out to be head coaches...(Romeo, Shurmur, Pettine)  These guys may be good coordinators, but just aren't cut out to be head coaches.  Hue very well may be that guy too.

Sashi, however, has not shown that he can do much more than accumulate picks, and save money on the salary cap.  You have consistently overestimated the "alleged" talent that this team has.  You conveniently refuse to admit that he had the final say when it comes to the QB picks, as well as all the others....but you are very good at calling other people's posts "idiotic"  and uninformed.  I guess the two articles that I presented, (quite sure I could find more) aren't enough to change your mind that Hue is the only one to blame for the mess we are in.  So I will quit trying to lead the horse to water. 

On 11/28/2017 at 6:48 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So the 9ers front office is smart for tanking but Cleveland's is incompetent for doing the same thing?

I didn't say that. I said if they are tanking, it is probably the smartest thing our FO has done!!!

I criticize the FO for its failures, not taking either Wentz or Watson, it a failure that suggests they cannot appraise talent, their failure to draft impact players with their high picks outside of possibly Garrett who was a no brainer. After all, they drafted #1 in each round they had a pick??? They also wasted a 2nd round pick on Kizer!!!

These are my major criticisms, as it appears again, that they are not superior talent appraisers, an extremely bad flaw in a GM. I am confused as to who hired Hue, but if it was them, it again shows a lack of judgement when it comes to hiring a HC. Since our drafts have been mediocre, even with all the high picks, who hired the scouts who recommended these picks. Was it not our FO???

I am just not seeing a FO that has done anything positive for this team, just major mistakes after major mistakes, so I cannot support them, even if I feel tanking the season is a smart move.

I want a competent FO in place to maximize our coming draft, a FO that can appraise talent and a FO that can hire talented scouts and a FO that can hire a talented HC, etc., etc., etc. Will we get one hired by Haslam??? I have little hope in that direction, which leaves me quite sad for the future of my beloved Browns.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Hue may deserve to be fired for the above-mentioned "coaching" fallacies that you present.  I have even stated that there are guys that just aren't cut out to be head coaches...(Romeo, Shurmur, Pettine)  These guys may be good coordinators, but just aren't cut out to be head coaches.  Hue very well may be that guy too.

Sashi, however, has not shown that he can do much more than accumulate picks, and save money on the salary cap.  You have consistently overestimated the "alleged" talent that this team has.  You conveniently refuse to admit that he had the final say when it comes to the QB picks, as well as all the others....but you are very good at calling other people's posts "idiotic"  and uninformed.  I guess the two articles that I presented, (quite sure I could find more) aren't enough to change your mind that Hue is the only one to blame for the mess we are in.  So I will quit trying to lead the horse to water. 

He’s had two years 

when you compare our rookies with rookies on other teams 

our guys are playing with other rookies

other rookies are playing with vets

it doesn’t take a genius to figure out these are not comparable situations 

I know if you put players on more talented teams they would look better. No doubt

thats why Kizer gets to much hate because he’s “Holding our offensive weapons back”

You gotta see these guys turn into vets 

what were you expecting?

Coleman has been injured the majority of his career

Ogbah lead the league in TFL 

Garrett, Peppers, and Njocku have all shown flashes even if you don’t count Kizer 

Larry O looks really good Kinndred has looked good

your just looking for someone to blame 

those people are Jimmy Joe Banner and Ray Farmer 

dont blame Sashi he’s the only one trying to get us to be good 

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

By personally trading away the star QB in repetitive drafts?

He might be trying, but he ain't doing it right.

ACL dude

like I said I aint holding my breath

and yeah Wentz is good hes really good 

but I'm not gonna fault a guy for passing on a formally injured 23 year old D3 QB 

Especially when they targetted Goff and got jumped 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

ACL dude

but I'm not gonna fault a guy for passing on a formally injured 23 year old D3 QB 

I'm gonna fault him.  Others recognized that Wentz was a talent,  but he didn't.  Also....all of this overwhelming talent that you speak of has netted us how many wins over the last two years????  

42 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

By personally trading away the star QB in repetitive drafts?

He might be trying, but he ain't doing it right.

If he lands the qb in April, is he doing it right then?

Just because he hasn't in his first two drafts doesn't mean he won't or can't.

Or, what if Kizer is actually good next year with an improved roster?

Some of you guys act like the the books on Kizer and Watson are finished and they are 21 and 22 years old.  A lot can happen yet.

24 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I'm gonna fault him.  Others recognized that Wentz was a talent, he didn't.  Also....all of this overwhelming talent that you speak of has netted us how many wins over the last two years????  

One miss it was big 

but like I said I ain’t blaming him for that 

again as we all know Wentz wouldn’t look that good here

and be win 

but what were you expecting exactly?

trent Richardson 

brandon weeden

barkevious mingo 

justin gilbert

johnny manziiel

cam Erving 

there was no foundation 

GTFO with that Wentz wouldn't look good here garbage.  He may not have the success that he currently is experiencing, but it would absolutely be evident that he IS a franchise QB.  I am not even officially done with your boy Kizer yet.  They did him super dirty by not providing a vet QB, or any semblance of a WR corp.

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

ACL dude

Who was essentially a 1 year starter from a DII School....AND passing on a Kings ransom to trade down......

When your rebuilding a team...that's that type move that gets people fired if it dosent work out...

Or sashi knew how bad the team was going to be and didn’t want to ruin QBs drafted #2 and 12 overall in a draft. Maybe they picked Rosen the entire time to be the pick Rosen is coming out as a projected better pick than Wentz and Watson. 

Archived