Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

A lot of people like the idea of taking a flyer on a QB in the hopes of getting a gem but I'm not really a fan of it. If you don't really think the guy is all that good of a prospect, what's the point? The 52nd pick is a pretty good one. Not saying this just because they're good, but I'm pretty sure I wanted JuJu or Kamara with that pick. The depth nowadays usually means you can find an impact WR/RB at that sort of pick.

The pick struck me as a waste at the time and still does now. On the flip side, at least there was value in that pick nailing us the #1 overall.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

A lot of people like the idea of taking a flyer on a QB in the hopes of getting a gem but I'm not really a fan of it. If you don't really think the guy is all that good of a prospect, what's the point? The 52nd pick is a pretty good one. Not saying this just because they're good, but I'm pretty sure I wanted JuJu or Kamara with that pick. The depth nowadays usually means you can find an impact WR/RB at that sort of pick.

The pick struck me as a waste at the time and still does now. On the flip side, at least there was value in that pick nailing us the #1 overall.

Eh, depends on the player, the franchise and the situation they are going to.

Had the Steelers taken him a few picks later they'd be praised for shrewdly finding Ben's replacement and developing him.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, depends on the player, the franchise and the situation they are going to.

Had the Steelers taken him a few picks later they'd be praised for shrewdly finding Ben's replacement and developing him.

True. The media choose the narrative depending on the team they like or hate. But I'm talking personally, I think it's a waste. When the Steelers took Landry Jones I saw it as a wasted pick because I thought he was a nothing player. That was only in the fourth round though so not as bad. 52nd pick is pretty high.

Yeah alot of that is Chemistry

gotta remember when Gordon came back in 2013 he was with us for the entire offseason and preseason 

Gordon came back last week and really team practice this week

you can tell Kizer isn't on the same page when it comes to game speed its different 

sometimes hes underthowing some time hes overthew I mean they just got to practice this week 

13 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

So is this his sophomore season now?

So Russell Wilson isn't any good? Derek Carr? Everyone passed on those guys too.

So after 2 drafts/free agency you are certain the FO is the worst in the league? We have positions of need, including the most important position but we are pretty early on in the rebuilding process. We are behind where we should be in the win column but I think the talent we've got is ahead of the win column.

Both Carr and Wilson had extenuating circumstances on why they fell on draft day. Wison's case was simple, he was too short and NFL GM's simply do not like to take a shot with a high pick on a short QB. Carr case was unique as well, his brother was a complete flop and teams decided it was too great a risk to draft his brother, because lots of times, the apple does not fall far from the tree. They were scared he was the second coming of his brother.

Kizer has no such questions concerning him, yet after the draft process was over, he fell from a first rounder in every organization, after they had observed him at the Combine and his pro day and came away unimpressed.

Only Cleveland's FO still saw him as a potential starter. As for our FO, after 2 drafts, we are the worst team in the history of the NFL, even worse than all the expansion teams were. Even under Matt Millen who took Detroit to a 0-16 season, he, as bad as he was, never approached 1-31 over a 2 year period. So yes, I believe my eyes and I along with every football fan across America, can see that we totally stink and have made zero progress in year 2 of their rebuild, in fact, we have a real shot, to be even worse in year 2, and after 65 years of following football, teams who are rebuilding, actually improve in year 2.

So you can chose to believe that our talent is better than our win column, I see it as corresponding exactly to our win column and if we let this FO continue, the Browns could be even worse in the coming years, because I see no reason to believe they have a clue on how to rebuild a franchise. It is all reflected in their HCing hire, the scouting department they employ and the product they put on the field. Sorry, but that is how FO's are judged!!!

Hue Jackson said it in his press conference today that Kizer looked down and was not consistent in his energy yet again.

The way he was explaining it, it kind of sounded like the rumors that came out about him during the draft about him being a whiney, mopey kid when things went south.

While I do believe he can develop into the bottom half starter I just dont get a good vibe about him.

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

Only Cleveland's FO still saw him as a potential starter.

Man, you gotta google before you say stuff like this. Tons of media reports around the draft that Pittsburgh, a really, really smart team (always hate admitting that), was planning to take him with their 2nd. You don't take a dude 2nd if you don't think he'll ever start. He had an awful year, but that pick was lauded by tons of media guys who had Kizer at QB1 (Norris, Mosqueda). Picks flop sometimes, it happens. But don't try to swing the narrative like everyone knew it was going to happen beforehand and it was a knuckleheaded pick from the start when that just wasn't the case. There have been times when it was! I was here (David Veikune)! But this was not one of them. It was a gamble, hasn't paid off yet. But it's not like picking a QB #1 this year WON'T be a gamble with the history of #1 QB's the last 10 years or so, sometimes you just gotta roll the dice.

2 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

So you can chose to believe that our talent is better than our win column, I see it as corresponding exactly to our win column and if we let this FO continue, the Browns could be even worse in the coming years

How could they be worse? You already said we have the worst talent in the league, the only way it could get worse is if there were more teams in the league.

Kizer was way off target this week. I really think he does develop into a top 10 QB. I just do not think it is until way down the track. I think this week coming he will be a lot closer to home with the ball. 

that said we need to draft a qb1 in the draft with the 1st overall pick. 

2 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Hue Jackson said it in his press conference today that Kizer looked down and was not consistent in his energy yet again.

The way he was explaining it, it kind of sounded like the rumors that came out about him during the draft about him being a whiney, mopey kid when things went south.

While I do believe he can develop into the bottom half starter I just dont get a good vibe about him.

He was sad because he didn't get to do his heel tap celebration after a 1 yard sneak

:(

3 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Did you actually listen to the interview or just read the quotes off Twitter?

trust me stay off Twitter

Hue praised Kizer but that doesn't get clicks

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Did you actually listen to the interview or just read the quotes off Twitter?

trust me stay off Twitter

Hue praised Kizer but that doesn't get clicks

I watched the whole press conference on youtube. 

Also Hues praise for Kizer today were generic. Alluding to him not turning the ball over as much despite the fact that Kizer lost the game for us.

Even DeShone acknowledged it last time on how he has to do better, but hasnt had that energy on the sidelines since. 

Maybe its just me but you can see Kizer knows what to say, I just find it a bit disingenuous at this point 

Archived