goldfishwars

On 4/17/2022 at 11:46 AM, goldfishwars said:

LA Rams
 3 104. Myjai Sanders | EDGE | Cincinnati
 4 142. Lecitus Smith | OL | Virginia Tech
 5 175. Derion Kendrick | DB | Georgia
 6 212. Makai Polk | WR | Miss. State
 6 213. Abram Smith | RB | Baylor
 6 219. Ryan Stonehouse | P | Colorado St.
 7 239. Brock Hoffman | OL | Virginia Tech
 7 254. Mike Rose | LB | Iowa St.

Sign me up! Would have liked a safety somewhere in there but a good mock for us for sure.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, goldfishwars said:

1 29. Jahan Dotson | WR | Penn St.
 1 30. Kaiir Elam | CB | Florida
 2 50. Jaquan Brisker | S | Penn St.
 2 62. Brian Asamoah | LB | Oklahoma
 3 94. Matthew Butler | DL | Tennessee
 3 103. Tyreke Smith | EDGE | Ohio St.
 4 121. Brian Robinson Jr. | RB | Alabama
 4 135. Velus Jones Jr. | WR | Tennessee

Dotson is fine but one of the 1st round picks needs to be Edge, say DeMarvin Leal or Drake Jackson. if you go DB then Dax Hill makes more sense. 
Brisker is OK in a vacuum, but Edge is the driving force in this draft. Bonitto or Hall.
Asamoah? Three straight 2nd round off-ball LB? If you want to go LB, take a freak like Anderson. Otherwise, this is where you look to get a DB or someone like Sterling Weatherford a round later.
Doesn't Butler play the same postion as Chris Jones? They also have Wharton as 3-tech backup. You could take Myjai Sanders and double down with Tyreke Smith.
Since he's there, take Ridgeway at #121. They need a 1-tech.
Jones is fine at #135. BPA at this point.

10 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

Gotta take a QB sooner or later if it's someone you like. Can't just assume next year will be better and even if they are, it doesn't mean you'll get one.

So the thing here is i like Mariotta over both of them and i like the top 4 to 5 QB's next year over both of them lol.  So theirs a pretty good chance i'll get atleast 1 guy i like better than the guys this year :D   I like Young, Stroud, Rattler, Van Dyke, and Anthony Richardson more than Willis and Corral as potential long term guys.   Although i view Richardson alot like them and i wouldn't take him top 20 either yet unless he proves to live up to his talent level.

16 hours ago, 43M said:

I absolutely hate this for the Steelers.

Im not going to keep on going on about how overrated Ridder is.  I get it could happen, but I would lose what little faith I have left in Tomlin if we take Ridder that early.    3rd round talent at best, laughably overrated because of his physical tools.    Just another Artie Burns/Terrell Edmunds situation, so it wouldnt shock me to see it happen...again.

Why do people keep giving us edge defenders this early?   Seriously, what is the logic?   We have so many needs, and this is easily one of the lowest.      We need depth, and we arent in position to be taking depth players this early.    We dont need a starter.    Im not sold on Highsmith as a long term answer, but he is suitable for now with all of our other needs.    As much as the Ridder pick would suck, that at least makes sense based on needs.   This one makes little sense.     Literally any other position would make sense here except OLB, RB and TE.    

Kerby Joseph isnt really the type of safety we need, but I guess I dont hate him.

Ridder is the best QB prospect in the class. You would be lucky to get him at 20. Ceiling is way undersold. Great at playing in structure, throwing into tight windows and with anticipation. Good player.

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why are they bringing him in for a visit then? 

There's 3 types of visits teams do:

1) They are actually interested

2) They want others to think they're interested

3) They know a rival is interested and want to do advanced scouting on the person before they play against them.

This one is a combo of 2 and 3.