Google(Youtube TV) lands Sunday Ticket.

August4th

The NFL.com trial games at the end of the season were awesome.   I’m not paying 350 to stream.  And I’m not going to pay to stream old games, unless it’s the all 22.  

I wish there was a 1 team package for around 100 bucks.

Edited by JetWash
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, JetWash said:

The NFL.com trial games at the end of the season were awesome.   I’m not paying 350 to stream.  And I’m not going to pay to stream old games, unless it’s the all 22.  

I wish there was a 1 team package for around 100 bucks.

The MLB is behind all other sports leagues in just about every aspect, except streaming. Their streaming packages are the best in the game. I also wish the NFL would do something like they have.

Getting it out of the hands of DirectTV is definitely good, but getting into the hands of Apple sucks. Any other service would be preferable.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apple getting it means the price is going up.

and you probably have to have some exclusive Apple only hardware to watch it. You think they are going to let you watch it on a Roku or Firestick? Pssshhhhhh 

Not sure why everybody is complaining about DirectTV. They offered 100 different ways to get their package all at discounted rates. Ive been using their student package that only costs $99 for the past 6 years. Guaranteed thats all gone now and everybody will be paying $799 because they have to recoup their money......and again....its Apple.

Apple stands for 2 things. Exclusive and expensive.

This is a massive L for everybody.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

and you probably have to have some exclusive Apple only hardware to watch it. You think they are going to let you watch it on a Roku or Firestick? Pssshhhhhh 

Not sure why everybody is complaining about DirectTV. They offered 100 different ways to get their package all at discounted rates. Ive been using their student package that only costs $99 for the past 6 years. Guaranteed thats all gone now and everybody will be paying $799 because they have to recoup their money......and again....its Apple.

Yep, idk what people's infatuation is wirh Apple products, even IPhones, imo, from my experience they're terrible.

Apple is the one company that is going actually be worse than Direct TV. Amazon not getting it is a huge loss for the fans.

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yep, idk what people's infatuation is wirh Apple products, even IPhones, imo, from my experience they're terrible.

Apple is the one company that is going actually be worse than Direct TV. Amazon not getting it is a huge loss for the fans.

Correct, and peoples infatuation with Apple comes from the 'exclusivity' of it. Apple is like the In N Out of consumer products. People just buy them because its the popular thing to do and they dont ask questions or have to think about it. Sheep that follow the herd.

and once your in, you cant get out because every device/charger/accessory you own is now only Apple compatible and they got you.

dont get got

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

The MLB is behind all other sports leagues in just about every aspect, except streaming. Their streaming packages are the best in the game. I also wish the NFL would do something like they have.

Getting it out of the hands of DirectTV is definitely good, but getting into the hands of Apple sucks. Any other service would be preferable.

This may have more to do with how low the bar is set for other leagues, but MLB.tv blackout restrictions suck. If you're a Cubs fan in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and like half the rest of the country, you won't be able to stream Cubs games unless you also have a cable subscription, but you can watch Marlins-Mariners. 

The NFL doing something similar would cause actual riots.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This may have more to do with how low the bar is set for other leagues, but MLB.tv blackout restrictions suck. If you're a Cubs fan in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and like half the rest of the country, you won't be able to stream Cubs games unless you also have a cable subscription, but you can watch Marlins-Mariners. 

The NFL doing something similar would cause actual riots.

The Giants play in the state I live in. Their games only ever get broadcast to me if they are in primetime or if they are playing the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The Giants play in the state I live in. Their games only ever get broadcast to me if they are in primetime or if they are playing the Eagles.

Oh yeah, to be clear having Jim Brown broadcast the games with interpretive dance would be better the Sunday Ticket. 

Just wanted to make sure no one is complimenting MLB.

• Like 1