1st Round Mock - No Trades

Madmike90

First and probably last attempt at a 1st round Mock in what can only be described as the most open and unpredictable draft of the last decade IMO…

Didn’t project any trades since that is a rabbit hole…

Happy to explain the rationale behind any pick...

JAX

Aidan Hutchinson

Edge

Michigan

DET

Kayvon Thibodeaux

Edge

Oregon

HOU

Sauce Gardner

CB

Cincinnati

NYJ

Evan Neal

OT

Alabama

NYG

Tavon Walker

Edge

Georgia

CAR

Charles Cross

OT

Mississippi State

NYG

Ikem Ekwonu

OT

NC State

ATL

Malik Willis

QB

Liberty

SEA

Jermaine Johnson

Edge

Florida State

NYJ

Derek Stingley Jr

CB

LSU

WAS

Drake London

WR

USC

MIN

Kyle Hamilton

S

Notre Dame

HOU

Garrett Wilson

WR

Ohio State

BAL

Trevor Penning

OT

Northern Iowa

PHI

Jamison Williams

WR

Alabama

NO

Kenny Pickett

QB

Pitt

LAC

Jordan Davis

DL

Georgia

PHI

Devin Lloyd

LB

Utah

NO

Chris Olave

WR

Ohio State

PIT

George Karlaftis

Edge

Purdue

NE

Tyler Linderbaum

C

Iowa

GB

Devonte Wyatt

DL

Georgia

AZ

Boye Mafe

Edge

Minnesota

DAL

Traylon Burks

WR

Arkansas

BUF

Trent McDuffie

CB

Washington

TEN

Tyler Smith

OT

Tulsa

TB

Kenyon Green

OG

Texas A&M

GB

Christian Watson

WR

North Dakota

KC

Andrew Booth Jr

CB

Clemson

KC

Jahan Dotson

WR

Penn State

CIN

Zion Johnson

OG

Boston College

DET

Desmond Ridder

QB

Cincinnati

Edited by Madmike90

Not crazy about this for GB. Wyatt is a bit older of a prospect. After his rookie deal he'll be 29, and Green Bay very very very rarely hands out a contract with any sort of commitment to 30 year old non-quarterbacks. Just don't see Wyatt being on their board in the 1st round. Of what's there, I think Burks would be the pick. 

With Burks at #22, i don't think they'd double down then with Watson. With having a need literally everywhere but QB, RB, and CB, the BPA there would be fine. Think if it was my, Winfrey or Travis Jones would be my pick

• Like 1

Very solid pick for the Seahawks. Him or Stingley would be ideal. 
Also like the McDuffie pick for the Bills, that's very good value at #25. 
Not sure Zion is lasting to the 31st pick. I'd pick him top 15. 
Very solid mock overall, great work. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Not crazy about this for GB. Wyatt is a bit older of a prospect. After his rookie deal he'll be 29, and Green Bay very very very rarely hands out a contract with any sort of commitment to 30 year old non-quarterbacks. Just don't see Wyatt being on their board in the 1st round. Of what's there, I think Burks would be the pick. 

With Burks at #22, i don't think they'd double down then with Watson. With having a need literally everywhere but QB, RB, and CB, the BPA there would be fine. Think if it was my, Winfrey or Travis Jones would be my pick

My thinking with Wyatt is that you guys are all in for the next couple of years so everything has to be about winning now...Wyatt's age is a knock no doubt but he is such an explosive player up front that I feel he can have a big impact early in his career...

Jones was another guy I considered for you guys...as was Logan Hall who for me is more of a 5 tech which would also fit...

Watson was the pick at reciever just because of what he could offer vertically and after the loss of the likes of MVS a tall, long deep threat seemed to fit.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I've never seen Karlaftis mocked to the Steelers. He's an interesting guy. We're pretty set on EDGE starters, but we need depth. 

That's where I came out as well...thought you guys did a lot of good things in the offseason so could look to take a guy who offers value at a key position...Karkaftis just seems like a quality fit in that D for me.

• Like 1

I personally don't like the Falcons pick because i don't think any QB is worthy of a top 20 pick this year and i also don't think the team is ready for a new QB yet.  We need to build it a bit more and grab one next year in a better class with alot more cap space to put stuff around him.  This also gives us a longer contract with the new QB for a longer window while it's cheap before we have to pay them. 

With that said that is a pick that can very possibly happen and could go down on draft day i just won't like it very much at all.  I would much rather take Jermaine Johnson in that scenario and wouldn't even think twice about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I personally don't like the Falcons pick because i don't think any QB is worthy of a top 20 pick this year and i also don't think the team is ready for a new QB yet.  We need to build it a bit more and grab one next year in a better class with alot more cap space to put stuff around him.  This also gives us a longer contract with the new QB for a longer window while it's cheap before we have to pay them. 

With that said that is a pick that can very possibly happen and could go down on draft day i just won't like it very much at all.  I would much rather take Jermaine Johnson in that scenario and wouldn't even think twice about it.

I guess for me part of the thinking was giving the fan base something to hold on too...I think everyone can see ATL will struggle next year and it is a tough sell to most fans to not atleast try and get a talented QB now who can compete...I completely agree with you that no QB is a top 20 talent in this draft but every year we see these guys getting pushed up down to just simple supply and demand...if Willis is the pick for you guys I hope he does well...he seems like a really good kid and ATL deserve some better times.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I really hope the Titans don't waste a first on Matt Corrall.

That was a pick I really went back and forth on...in some ways the Titans should be in win now mode and add a playmaker on either side of the ball...Nakobe Dean was a guy I really considered who could be good behind that front...but I just can't get away from thinking the majority of that core is young and could be competitive for years to come but can I really see a Superbowl win behind Tannehill? The answer to that is no...Corral isn't a perfect prospect by any stretch but he does have a lot of natural talent...on a run first team could he have that little more playmaking ability long term to get the Titans over the hill? Maybe...I just felt it was worth the risk that late give the positional value.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

My thinking with Wyatt is that you guys are all in for the next couple of years so everything has to be about winning now...Wyatt's age is a knock no doubt but he is such an explosive player up front that I feel he can have a big impact early in his career...

Jones was another guy I considered for you guys...as was Logan Hall who for me is more of a 5 tech which would also fit...

Watson was the pick at reciever just because of what he could offer vertically and after the loss of the likes of MVS a tall, long deep threat seemed to fit.

You very well could be right. I appreciate the effort posters like yourselves put into these. I trust this forum more than "experts" at NFL or ESPN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Not sure Zion is lasting to the 31st pick. I'd pick him top 15.

So would I, but stuff like this happens every year.  Could be positional value, could be the fit not being there, could be a combination of boards having someone else keep going before him with 32 different draft boards, could be a bad combine interview, etc....

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I guess for me part of the thinking was giving the fan base something to hold on too...I think everyone can see ATL will struggle next year and it is a tough sell to most fans to not atleast try and get a talented QB now who can compete...I completely agree with you that no QB is a top 20 talent in this draft but every year we see these guys getting pushed up down to just simple supply and demand...if Willis is the pick for you guys I hope he does well...he seems like a really good kid and ATL deserve some better times.

Actually it's pretty overwhelming that most fans in the ATL don't want a qb this year.  Every person who calls in on the radio stations around here and post of forums. Prefer not to go qb or wr in the 1st this year. So they would be going against the bulk of the fan base doing this lol.  As said it's very possible they do take one but it's not what will make the fan base happy this draft over other things like edge rushers or lineman which most of us want.