Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

7 minutes ago, adamq said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Donald and Stafford are done after '23, maybe Kupp too

I think Donald is giving it some serious consideration. If he is still around after next year, I think i'll be somewhat surprised. 

Not sure what to do with Stafford. I think a lot of that may depend on what's up with his elbow. He's 34 right now and he could easily go until he's 38 if fully healthy. I don't know that he's given any vibes that he wants out, and he just signed the extension, but that elbow could end force him down. I think Ben and Delhomme had similar things and it just destroyed their careers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

He's going to retire from coaching in his 30s or early 40s? I don't believe that at all. You don't get into coaching at that level without a sickness for football. 

He'll make a lot more money and have a lot more time with a lot less stress when he leaves. 

It's not the first time there's been scuttle he's thinking of an early retirement. 

I think eventually he'd come back, but wouldn't be surprised if he "retired" early on 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

He'll make a lot more money and have a lot more time with a lot less stress when he leaves. 

It's not the first time there's been scuttle he's thinking of an early retirement. 

I think eventually he'd come back, but wouldn't be surprised if he "retired" early on 

And there's going to end up being a little rebuild soon the team will be in and he may not want to be part of that. It makes perfect sense for McVay to step away for some years, start his family, work on TV and then think about coming back a few years later. He will be the hottest commodity and will pretty much be able to pick whatever team he wants to go to. 

• Like 2

Forget McVay, what are the odds that Harbaugh makes the jump this offseason to the NFL? I know he got his new deal and what not, but this will be his second consecutive great season at Michigan and win or lose, this will be his ceiling over there. He will likely never have the horses to compete with the top teams from the SEC or even Ohio State. He's accomplished what he could there and would be leaving Michigan as a top program. I think he wants a SB badly and will have a lot of suitors for him. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Forget McVay, what are the odds that Harbaugh makes the jump this offseason to the NFL? I know he got his new deal and what not, but this will be his second consecutive great season at Michigan and win or lose, this will be his ceiling over there. He will likely never have the horses to compete with the top teams from the SEC or even Ohio State. He's accomplished what he could there and would be leaving Michigan as a top program. I think he wants a SB badly and will have a lot of suitors for him. 

3 million buyout for him if he leaves after this year. I don't know if that presents any sort of issue. 

I think he should give the NFL another shot. I mean, he was actually successful lol. I can't believe he would have burnt so many bridges that nobody would hire him, so I assume that he takes another crack at it some point. I get that he's coaching the alma mater and whatnot, but I'd be surprised if his NFL stint didn't gnaw at him given how successful and how close he was. 

All it would take is an owner to fall in love with Harbs, I feel like Carolina could go after him 

He wanted that Minnesota job badly, I don't think they ever really wanted him though 

Edited by adamq
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, adamq said:

All it would take is an owner to fall in love with Harbs, I feel like Carolina could go after him 

He wanted that Minnesota job badly, I don't think they ever really wanted him though 

Carolina would make a ton of sense. You know Tepper isn't afraid of paying that buy out lol 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

3 million buyout for him if he leaves after this year. I don't know if that presents any sort of issue. 

I think he should give the NFL another shot. I mean, he was actually successful lol. I can't believe he would have burnt so many bridges that nobody would hire him, so I assume that he takes another crack at it some point. I get that he's coaching the alma mater and whatnot, but I'd be surprised if his NFL stint didn't gnaw at him given how successful and how close he was. 

He also knows deep down he can't win it all in Michigan. Will never have the horses to beat those SEC teams. 

Will have some good spots available this offseason.