Around the NFL - 2022 edition

Forge

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I wonder if this year is going to be it for Derek Carr in Vegas. 

That would be silly IMO. As an outsider, this year seems to be on McDaniels 100%. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them draft a QB high if they keep losing, but I would keep Carr until the rookie was ready personally.

• Like 1

McDaniels has nuked that team far worse than I thought possible. Not being able to cross the 50 yard line until nearly two minutes left in the game against the 31st ranked defense in points is just...it's hard to imagine in this day and age. Especially with that amount of firepower on the offensive side. 

Carr is probably not the answer, but the bigger problem is the coaching. 

Crazy that the Bucs, Rams & Packers are out of the playoffs. Keep wondering if they will take playoff spots from the Falcons, Seahawks & Giants. Those teams aren't doing well, but its hard to go against those QB's

Not sure if Geno is legit. He's playing well, but it doesn't seem sustainable that a 32 year old QB in his 10th year who was previously a bust is now throwing dimes all over the field. But he keeps performing every week

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

The Packers need to manifest 2 reliable receivers out of thin air or they are done. Aaron Jones is carrying that offense on his back and it isn't enough.. The oline looked good overall last night but Tonyan doesn't look healthy, Watkins/Cobb/Watson aren't and won't ever be fully healthy this year, and Doubs is nothing special right now.. He is just getting forced targets because Aaron has nobody to throw it to.

the Bucs have a very rough schedule, I wouldn't be shocked if they miss the playoffs.. The NFC seems pretty weak but they are in trouble if they don't win the next 2 games

Rams are done. Finished. SEE YA

😉

Edited by adamq

From the 2nd year QBs, Fields is looking like the best of the bunch at this present time. And that's an amazing turnaround from where he was just a month ago. He's still flawed as a passer but you just cannot ignore what he brings in the running game. 

Lawrence has had two good games and then a bunch of duds or mediocre performances.

Wilson has a few wow throws a game but overall he is not good.

Mac Jones has taken a step back but was always just going to have limited upside.

Sucks that we weren't able to see Lance progress this season but the rest of the class is super underwhelming. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

From the 2nd year QBs, Fields is looking like the best of the bunch at this present time. And that's an amazing turnaround from where he was just a month ago. He's still flawed as a passer but you just cannot ignore what he brings in the running game. 

Lawrence has had two good games and then a bunch of duds or mediocre performances.

Wilson has a few wow throws a game but overall he is not good.

Mac Jones has taken a step back but was always just going to have limited upside.

Sucks that we weren't able to see Lance progress this season but the rest of the class is super underwhelming. 

Its a good thing we only used one pick on that QB because that class looks brutal...

oh wait....

oh no....

😂

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Nope. I certainly want no part of him. Diva to the max. No thank you. 

Not really a big deal in terms of the diva part. We just don't have the QB to properly utilize what he brings. Bad enough we're wasting Ayuik's skillset. And with Deebo, Kittle, Ayuik, and now CMC, how useful could he be to this offense after those guys get their touches??

• Like 4