2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Many "experts and analysts" say JD and Saleh's jobs ride on Zach Wilson.  I think that is utter BS.  They are drafting machines together and have created a great culture.  If Zach misses we'll have a complete team for a future rookie.

In terms of winning it rides on Zach to an extent. Douglas cant keep churning out 4 win seasons neither can Saleh. They'll all be gone if that keeps happening so hopefully it wont. 

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Would have anyone preferred Trey McBride over Hall? I know a lot of people were high on Trey, and RB wasn’t exactly a need.

Hall is a better option because we rotate at RB so having so young dynamic guys paired with Coleman is great for the RB stable. I love McBride but Conklin and Uzomah will get most of the reps at TE and are on 3 year deals. 

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Would have anyone preferred Trey McBride over Hall? I know a lot of people were high on Trey, and RB wasn’t exactly a need.

TE wasn't really a need either.  But if you look at the need for upgrading, RB was probably higher.  Uz and Conklin will be getting the TE snaps vs. Carter and ?  In other words, Hall is a better upgrade over what we have vs. Uz and Conklin.

Another point is that a run on RB is more likely than a run on TE.  If JD wants a TE, we should still be able to get on around pick 90 or later.

I still like to believe JD has his eye on Mayer from ND for next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

No one is going to care, because Breece Hall legit could end up being one of the best RBs in football. When he's a foundation guy people are going to be loving him.

• Like 2