2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

57 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Not sure I’d of gone the Tight End route when we signed the guys in FA but at this point JD could draft his mother and I wouldn’t be mad. 

If Ruckert is good you can cut Conklin or Uzomah (probably him cause he's older) for minimal cap hit (just like 1.6 million a piece) after the 2nd year of their contract (2024 offseason). I wouldn't worry about that. For all you know Ruckert move up on the depth chart to TE2 sooner rather than later. Therefore making Uzomah an expensive TE3 that you can cut after the 2023 season and save 8 million dollars in cap space.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

If Ruckert is good you can cut Conklin or Uzomah (probably him cause he's older) for minimal cap hit (just like 1.6 million a piece) after the 2nd year of their contract (2024 offseason). I wouldn't worry about that. For all you know Ruckert move up on the depth chart to TE2 sooner rather than later. Therefore making Uzomah an expensive TE3 that you can cut after the 2023 season and save 8 million dollars in cap space.

Rumor also is that we like the idea of using Conklin in a FB role too. Not just as a TE. Kinda like how SF used Jusyzyk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Rumor also is that we like the idea of using Conklin in a FB role too. Not just as a TE. Kinda like how SF used Jusyzyk

That would be interesting, so Uzomah/Rucker as more traditional TEs and Conklin as a the H-Back and then by 2024 the hope is Ruckert is the traditional TE1.

Pending on how this FS situation plays out, our secondary is set. I still think it maybe Hall. I wouldn't trade him or bench him. 

Defensively,  we just need a DT and OLB. 

Offensively,  I don't consider them needs but it's just C and RT. 

Even if Wilson doesn't make a huge leap, we're still challenging with the rushing attack and good defense. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

Pending on how this FS situation plays out, our secondary is set. I still think it maybe Hall. I wouldn't trade him or bench him. 

Defensively,  we just need a DT and OLB. 

Offensively,  I don't consider them needs but it's just C and RT. 

Even if Wilson doesn't make a huge leap, we're still challenging with the rushing attack and good defense. 

Hall will get snaps, he’s too good IMO. 4 Corners played 40%+ last year, he’ll be one of the 4. Injuries happen, match ups, someone will have an off day get benched. No reason to move him(to another position or via trade/cut) when health has plagued us recently.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Winfrey, Faalele are the 2 names that jump out to start Day 3

Man I thought Winfrey was being targeted in that 35-38 range when we had our second rounders pre draft. 

Having only seen the picks and not watched last night did they say why he fell? 

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I see this a lot but why do you guys think a young player developing into a good one means we have to cut veterans? We can have good players up and down the depth chart. 

Exactly. Mad when we suffer so bad with injuries. Need depth and it’s hardly like we were flush with talent to start with. 

Edited by KimuraGod
  • Like 1

Rucker is a very solid pick. He is the future TE. Lets face it two TE the Jets signed are only here for 2 years at the most. These guys are average TE that can fill in for now and give us the best TE play in years. Rucker will learn from these guys. 

I was just talking to my brother an I told him that if this was another team i would still say this draft the Jets did is the best of any team in YEARS!!! I think we just jumped big time to be in the top 15 this year maybe to 10 team if these guys do what they are suppose to do. I loved all these picks and I would not mind trading these picks for next years picks. 

I still like Zappa with the last pick. I still think you draft a QB to develop. This way if Wilson tanks you at least have a guy that knows your system.