Week 10 GDT - Saints @ Bills, 1pm EST on FOX

whodatworm23

11 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate yours (and others Raves for e.g.) draft insight.

Do you think he surprises and starts year one or sits behind an experienced QB for a year or two?

I feel he needs a year or two to develop in an NFL system much like Mahomes.

What an awesome all around game today. The defense is for real. Thats 7 games in a row that they have been great. The offense can destroy teams both through the air and on the ground.

I think we are the best team in the NFL. There I said it lol. As long as we don't get hit hard with injuries in the coming weeks, I think we are in for a deep playoff run this season...knock on wood.

This season has completely rejuvenated Saints football in my mind. Remove Brees from the equation and we're the 5th youngest team in the NFL. We're winning games thanks to everything BUT Brees here a lot. And we're not just winning them, we're winning them biiiiiiiiiig time. Payton looks like he's regained a lot of love of the game with this young team and their passion/swag, and Dennis Allen and our defensive staff are doing a great job. I feel so much better about our future now. Our Brees replacement will be set up really well to succeed. 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I think we are the best team in the NFL. There I said it lol.

I wouldn't say that yet, however when you look at the other contenders, they don't have anything we don't. You could say the Saints still need to prove themselves, and we haven't had a tough schedule, but the Eagles are a young team that weren't very successful the past few years, same with the Vikings and same with the Rams. So they need to prove themselves too. On the AFC side, the Steelers and Chiefs have been inconsistent and while you can never count the Patriots out, they have had some problems on defense. So while I wouldn't say just yet that we have the best team, I wouldn't say for sure that we don't. What we're doing is unprecedented for our franchise and our new formula is very solid.

3 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I wouldn't say that yet, however when you look at the other contenders, they don't have anything we don't. You could say the Saints still need to prove themselves, and we haven't had a tough schedule, but the Eagles are a young team that weren't very successful the past few years, same with the Vikings and same with the Rams. So they need to prove themselves too. On the AFC side, the Steelers and Chiefs have been inconsistent and while you can never count the Patriots out, they have had some problems on defense. So while I wouldn't say just yet that we have the best team, I wouldn't say for sure that we don't. What we're doing is unprecedented for our franchise and our new formula is very solid.

One thing we have going for us is that we have no weak spot. That doesn't necessarily = best team or anything, like you could be average at every facet of the game and have no weak spots but still not be the best team. We have a strong run game, we have a strong pass defense, our run defense is solid, and it's not like Brees has shown that he can't pass anymore or anything. If I had one complaint about each unit, it's the turnovers in at least FG range from the offense and tendency to give up a couple of big plays from the defense, but as far as the strength of each unit as a whole? We good. 

Archived