EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

1 minute ago, packerstk7 said:

It has been a defensive series to be sure. Neither offense has been great. Bucks probably has more to do with not having Middleton.

Obviously Middleton not being there hurts but even if he played, it was going to be a struggle. Celtics have made it a point to try to take away the Bucks three point shot while playing Giannis one on one and I agree with that strategy. The game flipped in the 4th quarter when the Bucks hit their first four 3 pointers. Jrue is having to defend Brown and at times Tatum on the other end and is being forced to be an inefficient scorer. 

Not securing that rebound off Giannis second FT miss is going to haunt the Celtics for a while. They probably win the series in 6 or 7 if Smart holds on to the ball and hits two FTs.

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously Middleton not being there hurts but even if he played, it was going to be a struggle. Celtics have made it a point to try to take away the Bucks three point shot while playing Giannis one on one and I agree with that strategy. The game flipped in the 4th quarter when the Bucks hit their first four 3 pointers. Jrue is having to defend Brown and at times Tatum on the other end and is being forced to be an inefficient scorer. 

Not securing that rebound off Giannis second FT miss is going to haunt the Celtics for a while. They probably win the series in 6 or 7 if Smart holds on to the ball and hits two FTs.

Still stings just as much this morning. I still can't believe they didn't come down with that rebound, and how much of a disaster those last few possessions were. I'm not giving up on this squad and I think they force a Game 7, but it does feel like that might cost them this series.

Pain.

13 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Love to have an amazing, super important playoff game where no one is whining about refs. About time. That was just a damn good basketball game with no shenanigans either way. 

This whole series has been great, really. I know there's been some issues with the refs, but pretty much every game has been great. A back and forth battle of two great defensive, physical teams.

Agree its more enjoyable to watch when they just let these two teams play.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

This whole series has been great, really. I know there's been some issues with the refs, but pretty much every game has been great. A back and forth battle of two great defensive, physical teams.

Agree its more enjoyable to watch when they just let these two teams play.

It’s too bad this isn’t the ECF. Although the other 2 teams are good

• Like 1