EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You can't cut players for cap space unless you have players on non-guaranteed contracts, which isn't common.

95% of contracts are fully guaranteed.

I figured that the only way to clear space is trading contracts. Bobby, Pat have player options. Wes and Carter are FA. Khris and Brook have player options after this year. Unless we trade Khris or Jrue we are more or less stuck with what we have.

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I figured that the only way to clear space is trading contracts. Bobby, Pat have player options. Wes and Carter are FA. Khris and Brook have player options after this year. Unless we trade Khris or Jrue we are more or less stuck with what we have.

I think Lopez is entering his last year and i didn't see a player option

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

Me either. I don’t know that you can just cut guys like in the NFL even with dead cap. That’s why teams trade for salary dumps and what it. Hope we can do something lol. Be a shame to waste a guy like Giannis like this state has done with a couple other hall of fame careers.

edit: after this year we don’t have a first round pick until 2028

That is incorrect. 

The truth is the better team won. The Celtics shouldve won in 5 but they blew multiple double digit 4th quarter leads that resulted in them having to win Game 6 which they did and then Game 7. Ironically I heard on tv them saying how exhausted Giannis looked at the end of the game. Now last season when KD looked exhausted in OT and people said it there were some who was saying how the best player on the planet shouldnt be exhausted. Well if Giannis is now the best player on the planet he cant be exhausted. His team shouldnt be getting ran off the court in the 4th quarter.

Now last season the Bucks caught a lucky break bc KD toe was on the line in Game 7 or else the Bucks wouldve got eliminated. The Celtics made sure something like that didnt happen to them and they blew the Bucks out. I dont want to hear the Bucks didnt have Middleton. The Bucks had Giannis and Holiday. The Celtics had a banged up Williams who missed some games in the series and had a banged up Smart whom I think also missed some games in the series. Not to mention Brown got dinged up early in the series and played through it. Again the better team won. 

The Bucks had a bad trend throughout the season of trailing late in games before turning the defense on and coming from behind and winning. That carried into the playoffs and was their undoing against the Celtics. You cant trail against a team like the Celtics in almost every game and expect to come from behind and win and then take the series. People seemed to ignore that trend the Bucks had all season long bc I heard no so called analyst talk about this. But I credit the Celtics winning and I picked them to get to the Finals after they beat the Nets. This could be the year they finally win a title since the Big 3 of KG, Pierce, and Allen. So Im happy for my guy Tatum. The Bucks will be fine they just have to get back to the drawing board and get that hunger back. Giannis can only do so much that the other guys need to step up more. 

27 minutes ago, R T said:

That is incorrect. 

Oh really? I just googled it quick and that’s what I had found.

edit just found another site with the accurate picks. I was gonna say I didn’t think it was possible to give away consecutive first rounders because of the Stepien rule.

Edited by packerstk7

Milwaukee Bucks

First rd

2022 - MIL (Own) #24

2023 - To HOU

2024 - Own or NOP (via NOP swap for MIL)

2025 - 1-4 to NOP; 5-30 to POR (via NOP)

2026 - Own or NOP (via NOP swap for MIL)

2027 - To NOP

2028 - Own

Second rd

2022 - Forfeited

2023 - Own; Less favorable of CLE and GOS (via GOS to NOP to UTH to CLE to DET)

2024 - Own; POR (via SAC)

2025 - To CLE; IND

2026 - To ORL

2027 - Own

2028 - Own

The Bucks are good for another year, maybe 2, at that point their core around Giannis is pretty old and/or just gone/retired like Brook Lopez. At that point, they have no cap and they have very little picks to trade so it'll be hard for them to maneuver, but Giannis always gives you a chance. They really need to find some rotational pieces with the 1sts they do get or their 2nds.

18 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

The Bucks are good for another year, maybe 2, at that point their core around Giannis is pretty old and/or just gone/retired like Brook Lopez. At that point, they have no cap and they have very little picks to trade so it'll be hard for them to maneuver, but Giannis always gives you a chance. They really need to find some rotational pieces with the 1sts they do get or their 2nds.

Wouldn’t they have a lot of cap space after Jrue and Khris are gone? Or do you mean after next year before they’re gone we will have no cap? 

3 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Wouldn’t they have a lot of cap space after Jrue and Khris are gone? Or do you mean after next year before they’re gone we will have no cap? 

Before they're gone. Middleton is under contract for 2 more years and Jrue for 3. Even if you let Middleton walk (you won't though) your cap situation would still be pretty rough. Both of them would have to come off the books to truly help the cap. 

Regardless, they're not the guys you want to leave in order to clear up cap since they're your 2nd and 3rd best players lol. Milwaukee actually has a good cap structure setup, no awful contracts and their rich contracts all go to their top 3 players. So they have no cap to really maneuver around this core, but idk who else you would want the cap to go to. You're pretty stuck with this set of guys for a couple of years for better or for worse, hopefully neither of Jrue/Middleton drop off too early.

10 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Before they're gone. Middleton is under contract for 2 more years and Jrue for 3. Even if you let Middleton walk (you won't though) your cap situation would still be pretty rough. Both of them would have to come off the books to truly help the cap. 

Regardless, they're not the guys you want to leave in order to clear up cap since they're your 2nd and 3rd best players lol. Milwaukee actually has a good cap structure setup, no awful contracts and their rich contracts all go to their top 3 players. So they have no cap to really maneuver around this core, but idk who else you would want the cap to go to. You're pretty stuck with this set of guys for a couple of years for better or for worse, hopefully neither of Jrue/Middleton drop off too early.

Right unless they’d trade one of those 2, which I highly doubt.

18 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

Right unless they’d trade one of those 2, which I highly doubt.

You have to match salaries in a trade or find someone who has enough cap space to fit them in without going over the cap...which is borderline impossible.

36 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You have to match salaries in a trade or find someone who has enough cap space to fit them in without going over the cap...which is borderline impossible.

Right it would basically have to be a star for star trade, which isn’t going to happen.

Bucks will be fine with Middleton. I didn't like how they didn't give a damn in the regular season this year as they knew they could just turn it on in the playoffs but they need to have a better regular season next season. Play more consistent on the defensive side of the ball. I would like them to get another guard who can get his own shot and break defenders down. 

Aside from that, they have what it takes to make another run at it. Another knock down shooter would also be good but only so many moves they can make.