2022 Draft - Day 1 (MIN trades #12->#32)

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Very interesting that the new school trade charts/trade models (PFF and OTC) have the Vikings winning the trade, while the old charts (Jimmy Johnson’s and Rich Hill) have them getting poor value. 

How does it stack up on the PFF and OTC charts?

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Very interesting that the new school trade charts/trade models (PFF and OTC) have the Vikings winning the trade, while the old charts (Jimmy Johnson’s and Rich Hill) have them getting poor value. 

I also wonder if the values are kinda skewed also because of the plateau of talent in this particular draft.  

I've rebooted and trying to be positive. Draft is always a crap shoot...remember Treadwell in the 1st round? I mean, we just never know who the players are going to be, no matter when they are selected, rt? :) 

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

That trade is looking worse and worse.

Traded way back from where we should have and got no future capital.  If we believe what they've been saying we're only a couple pieces away so why not take the best player that plays one of those positions?  Man someone make it make sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I also wonder if the values are kinda skewed also because of the plateau of talent in this particular draft.  

We traded out of an area right before the drop off. Makes it even worse. Had a chance at Hamilton or Williams or Davis... now going to end up with a guy who could easily be bunched in with 3rd rounders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K9 said:

I've rebooted and trying to be positive. Draft is always a crap shoot...remember Treadwell in the 1st round? I mean, we just never know who the players are going to be, no matter when they are selected, rt? :) 

I always reserve the offseason for time of complaining or voicing your displeasures.  Once that season starts though its Minnesota vs EVERYBODY

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

We traded out of an area right before the drop off. Makes it even worse. Had a chance at Hamilton or Williams or Davis... now going to end up with a guy who could easily be bunched in with 3rd rounders.

FWIW, I've never been that high on Hamilton or Davis...and Williams isn't going to play until midseason.  In fact, the guy I projected the Vikings to take at 12 is still on the board.

Edited by swede700

Just now, swede700 said:

FWIW, I've never been that high on Hamilton or Davis...and Williams isn't going to play until midseason.  

Williams at mid season (which is by far worst case scenario) is far more of an immediate impact player this season than whoever we will draft at 32 and 100x the impact going forward. Not only did we not draft him but we let him go to an in conference rival. If Kwesi was going to blatantly blow the draft I wish we would've helped someone in the AFC.