2022 Draft - Day 1 (MIN trades #12->#32)

Heimdallr

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’d be very upset with Linderbaum of Cine. 

for the gain of the 5th year option it has to be edge, CB, or WR…. QB 💁🏻‍♀️….

we have pick 34. That would make way more sense for a “cheaper” veteran contract looking at the future.

Totally understandable, just names Ive seen associated with the Vikings.  My preference would be Elam, Gordon, Pickens or Lloyd

Edit: Add Jermaine Johnson if he continues to fall

Edited by Boda

4 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

It already cost WAYYYYY too much to trade back!!!  They gave up 20 1st Round positions, and got fleeced.  Instead up picking up extra value for giving up the higher position that Detroit wanted, they got back significantly lest draft value than they gave up.  The trade makes NO SENSE!  And Kwesi is supposed to be the analytics genius.  There HAS to have been an error in what was reported as what The Vikings got back.  There has to be 2023 Detroit Draft  choice/choices not reported, by mistake.  The Wall Street math/statistics expert could NOT have made such an irrational trade!

Exactly this. The Vikings need to explain how this could happen. Detroit is adding their 2023 1st round pick right?!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Can we start discussing who we take at 32 and 34 now trade's done I'd like to hear who we want at these picks.

There are players who make more sense to take later and won't make it to 46.

I'm not sure, as this was completely unexpected.  Elam would probably be one, maybe Gordon or Hill.  

10 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

It already cost WAYYYYY too much to trade back!!!  They gave up 20 1st Round positions, and got fleeced.  Instead up picking up extra value for giving up the higher position that Detroit wanted, they got back significantly lest draft value than they gave up.  The trade makes NO SENSE!  And Kwesi is supposed to be the analytics genius.  There HAS to have been an error in what was reported as what The Vikings got back.  There has to be 2023 Detroit Draft  choice/choices not reported, by mistake.  The Wall Street math/statistics expert could NOT have made such an irrational trade!

Gave up 20 spots in the 1st round and they only moved back 14 in the 2nd and it only cost them a 3rd?  This trade is bull****. Seems a '23 2nd should be included as well

Just now, Boda said:

Gave up 20 spots in the 1st round and they only moved back 14 in the 2nd and it only cost them a 3rd?  This trade is bull****. Seems a '23 2nd should be included as well

I'm a huge Kwesi fan, but that is egregiously bad. I hope reporters really grill him about it.

• Like 2