Jump to content

#12 pick in 2022 NFL draft- Jameson Williams, WR


Louis Friend
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jameson Williams is the skilled deep-threat that we have needed for a long time.  Defenses will have to respect his speed.  That will open up the underneath routes and the middle of the field for Hockenson, St Brown, Chark and Swift.  It will also help our defense by being able to extend drives more often.  He reminds me a little bit of Marvin Harrison and he was listed at 185.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

There's this thing called a trade value chart. 32 and 34 have the same value as #14. They got #12 for those picks, plus flipped 66 into 46. I get your personal preference, but by the standards of the league, which aren't subjective, it was an excellent deal.

Another way to look at it, is that the #32 pick comes from the Stafford trade. This year they chose to use that pick to move up 22 slots from 34 to 12 and 20 slots from 66 to 46. I'm absolutely fine with that strategy.

I'm fully aware of the fossil that is the trade value chart. I disagree with the one you probably found on google and it's laughable that you claim it isn't subjective. Every GM is going to have a different trade value chart and the value of picks will be different depending on position picked (for example: is it more valuable to have a 5th year option on a QB or TE?).

There is a reason almost every year many of us say our ideal scenario in the first round is to trade down. More early picks is generally more valuable than higher early picks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Jameson Williams is the skilled deep-threat that we have needed for a long time.  Defenses will have to respect his speed.  That will open up the underneath routes and the middle of the field for Hockenson, St Brown, Chark and Swift.  It will also help our defense by being able to extend drives more often.  He reminds me a little bit of Marvin Harrison and he was listed at 185.

Yeah, some people really should go watch film on Jameson. He is extremely gifted when it comes to getting separation and burst. He's got great agility and top end speed. If it weren't for the injury, he would have been a top 5 pick and the first WR taken. And the Lions gave up nothing to go get him. To me, this feels like people don't like it just because it's not what they wanted, not that it was the wrong move to make. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

this forum cracks me up!!!! some of you are morons!!! lmaoooooo. no one is ever happy and that just makes my day for some reason....and yall STILL will give the NFL your 15/hr paychecks for a tshirt or nosebleed ticket....love it!! 

I kind of agree with you in this situation.  I wasn't a fan of trading up but we got a guy who would have been the #1-rated WR if not for his ACL and seems like he will play a lot like Marvin Harrison.  Put another way:  we filled two of our biggest needs with the #1 rated players at their positions.  Nothing but good news with that from my perspective.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m on the fence on the trade. For me it comes down to if I’d rather have two of the best prospects, or the possibility of having 3 solid starters. I don’t know if it is a fair assessment to say, “it’s just not what you wanted”. I think both arguments have merit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Yeah, some people really should go watch film on Jameson. He is extremely gifted when it comes to getting separation and burst. He's got great agility and top end speed. If it weren't for the injury, he would have been a top 5 pick and the first WR taken. And the Lions gave up nothing to go get him. To me, this feels like people don't like it just because it's not what they wanted, not that it was the wrong move to make. 

This exactly. I think so many of us become so invested in this entire process over months and months and falling in and out of love with various prospects we ultimately come up with a sort of guideline on how we want it all out play out. Then people essentially get upset that the team isn’t sticking to there plan. If the Packers or Chiefs had done something similar using there 2 1sts I wonder how many of the people complaining would revert to there usual “how come the lions never do stuff like this”  

End of day we jumped into the top 12 and got an elite prospect for a 3rd rd pick and em moving down 12 spots in the 2nd.  The level of prospect we can get at 46 is not much different than what’s available at 34. The drop off from Williams to Cine and everyone else left on the board is pretty massive. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

This exactly. I think so many of us become so invested in this entire process over months and months and falling in and out of love with various prospects we ultimately come up with a sort of guideline on how we want it all out play out. Then people essentially get upset that the team isn’t sticking to there plan. If the Packers or Chiefs had done something similar using there 2 1sts I wonder how many of the people complaining would revert to there usual “how come the lions never do stuff like this”  

End of day we jumped into the top 12 and got an elite prospect for a 3rd rd pick and em moving down 12 spots in the 2nd.  The level of prospect we can get at 46 is not much different than what’s available at 34. The drop off from Williams to Cine and everyone else left on the board is pretty massive. 
 

 

My only concern is that he's 179 and coming off an achilles. However, I'm super pumped to have him and hope that the evaluation on his health supports the move up. It is a risk and he could be a bust but he could also be a future HOFer and it's worth giving up a 3rd round pick to try and hit that mark. We've seen a ton of LB's and S's come into the league as a mid-round guy and be impact starters/star players. I have faith that Holmes will hit on what we need in the later rounds. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

How would you have felt if they traded 32, 34, and 66 for Deebo Samuel? Better or worse than Jameson? Personally, I'd rather of done the trade with the Vikings than for Samuel.

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/29/lions-trade-offer-49ers-deebo-samuel/

I'd rather have Jameson on a rookie contract than to have to pay Deebo. Which is why I liked what the Titans did with the Eagles. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

My exact thoughts as well.

Agreed. Even if we traded for AJ Brown, I wouldn't have been too happy about it.

Maybe it would make sense for us down the road if we've added a bunch of cheap depth or have starters pulled from mid-rounds on team friendly deals. None of these deals would've made sense for us as a franchise for where we are at right now IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...