Round 1 Pick 28; Devonte Wyatt, DL Georgia

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Wyatt is going to be a beast next year. Mark it down!

Whatever.

He's a waste.  Plain and simple.  He was as pro ready as they get coming out, being 24 years old.

And he couldn't even take reps from Dean Lowry.  Let that sink in.  Dean Lowry.

Once he did get on the field, he couldn't do anything until we put in a 3 DL defense with another Edge with their hand in the dirt.  Then he looked like he could at least take some NFL reps.

It isn't like his body is going to change after a full off-season of working with an NFL strength and conditioning coach.  Or like his technique is going to get any better from working this off-season.  He's 24 going on 25 and he's maxed out.

😉

• Like 2

Just now, vegas492 said:

Whatever.

He's a waste.  Plain and simple.  He was as pro ready as they get coming out, being 24 years old.

Once he did get on the field, he couldn't do anything until we put in a 3 DL defense with another Edge with their hand in the dirt.  Then he looked like he could at least take some NFL reps.

It isn't like his body is going to change after a full off-season of working with an NFL strength and conditioning coach.  Or like his technique is going to get any better from working this off-season.  He's 24 going on 25 and he's maxed out.

😉

jack-nicholson-nods.gif

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

jack-nicholson-nods.gif

I've been trying to avoid both nicotine and caffeine the past month or so.  While being only "damp" in regards to booze.

Pure misery.

Today I'm caffeinated.  I have my chew and I have a beautiful bottle of 1792 Full Proof bourbon that I'll be opening tonight.  All is right with the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Whatever.

😉

Given how stubborn and insecure this coaching staff has gotten of late, of course Lowry would be ahead of Wyatt for most of the season.

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I've been trying to avoid both nicotine and caffeine the past month or so.  While being only "damp" in regards to booze.

Pure misery.

Today I'm caffeinated.  I have my chew and I have a beautiful bottle of 1792 Full Proof bourbon that I'll be opening tonight.  All is right with the world.

Alcohol is bad for the liver. It killed my grandpa. Go easy.

17 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Alcohol is bad for the liver. It killed my grandpa. Go easy.

Bourbon glass.  One big brick of ice.  Pour bourbon over brick until just above the top of the brick.

Sip until gone.

Refill glass with bourbon, just covering the remaining ice.  Sip until everything is gone.

Go to bed.  Wake up happy.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Bourbon glass.  One big brick of ice.  Pour bourbon over brick until just above the top of the brick.

Sip until gone.

Refill glass with bourbon, just covering the remaining ice.  Sip until everything is gone.

Go to bed.  Wake up happy.  

Whiskey used to be my vice in the evenings but I've since updated vices to something that will never give me a hangover.

I still have delicious whiskey, but far less frequently :)

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Whiskey used to be my vice in the evenings but I've since updated vices to something that will never give me a hangover.

I still have delicious whiskey, but far less frequently :)

I've been drinking bourbon for about 5 years now.  Almost exclusively.  And I've never had a hangover from it.

I don't know how to describe it, other than saying that with bourbon, it is not sneaky.  You know where you are at with every sip and pour.

When you pour it over the big brick of ice...to me it gives the illusion of a large drink.  When really it isn't.  So, having two 'pours" isn't a lot of booze, especially when you factor in the melting ice.

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've been drinking bourbon for about 5 years now.  Almost exclusively.  And I've never had a hangover from it.

I don't know how to describe it, other than saying that with bourbon, it is not sneaky.  You know where you are at with every sip and pour.

When you pour it over the big brick of ice...to me it gives the illusion of a large drink.  When really it isn't.  So, having two 'pours" isn't a lot of booze, especially when you factor in the melting ice.

I used to be a Bourbon guy, now a rye guy. 

I really really like whiskey, and I don't get hungover from 2-3 fingers of an evening drink, either. But it was more than I wanted cumulatively. Now I have it more for special occasions :)

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I used to be a Bourbon guy, now a rye guy. 

I really really like whiskey, and I don't get hungover from 2-3 fingers of an evening drink, either. But it was more than I wanted cumulatively. Now I have it more for special occasions :)

I had two pours this past spring...with a gummy.

Man...that was weird.  I don't do gummies often.  But....I kept thinking that I was seeing stuff move around the house.  And I thought everything was really funny.

My special occasions are now Blantons, EH Taylor Single Barrel, Weller 12 year, Elijah Craig 18 year, 1792 Sweet Wheat and Garrison Brothers Balmorhea.

Just for drinking funsies...Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, John Bowman small batch aged in port wine casks, New Riff Single Barrel, Knob Creek 12 year, and McKenna 10 year.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I had two pours this past spring...with a gummy.

Man...that was weird.  I don't do gummies often.  But....I kept thinking that I was seeing stuff move around the house.  And I thought everything was really funny.

My special occasions are now Blantons, EH Taylor Single Barrel, Weller 12 year, Elijah Craig 18 year, 1792 Sweet Wheat and Garrison Brothers Balmorhea.

Just for drinking funsies...Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, John Bowman small batch aged in port wine casks, New Riff Single Barrel, Knob Creek 12 year, and McKenna 10 year.

surely, Wyatt would approve

• Like 1