2022 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

AFF

8 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Pickens is the most complete WR in this class. He's a legit WR 1. He annihilates DBs who try to press him. Extremely explosive with Deiontae Johnson type quickness in a.much bigger frame. Attitude/maturity is his weakness as he's done some bone headed things as a youth (we all do). Steelers have a nice big set of WRs in Pickens, Claypool, and Boykins.

Agreed 100%

We needed this. See ya in the slot Chase 🙏🏻

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sorry, I’m just catching up. You guys aren’t thrilled with this pick?

We got Pickens at 20 and Pickett at 52 and there’s nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.

No I’m saying I called this pick in that draft prediction contest thread. I also stated with the amount of attention he received by the Steelers he was even a dark horse pick for their 1st rounder.

5 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I really like the look of our offense.

Will all depend on Canada.

I have a bad feeling it’s week 5 and we’re all looking at each other saying “why the hell did we bring this guy back?”

I do like the personnel now though.

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Will all depend on Canada.

I have a bad feeling it’s week 5 and we’re all looking at each other saying “why the hell did we bring this guy back?”

I do like the personnel now though.

Week 5?

I been saying that since they promoted him after dumping Fitchner. :/

3 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I really like the look of our offense.

Not unpopular in my book now. Skill positions look really nice with tremendous upside. O-line will be starting 4-5 guys under 25. For them, it’s not about being great this year, but rather finding out who sticks. Now with a QB - you go spend in FA cash next year to replace the areas that don’t work. 

Extend DJ. Don’t care if you don’t like the money. It will be a $25M position for the next 5 years between DJ, Pickens, Claypool, and claypools ‘24 draft replacement on rookie deals. 

Kenny isn’t my favorite. But we are in a prime position to build up around him and focus pretty much all draft energy on the defense. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Not unpopular in my book now. Skill positions look really nice with tremendous upside. O-line will be starting 4-5 guys under 25. For them, it’s not about being great this year, but rather finding out who sticks. Now with a QB - you go spend in FA cash next year to replace the areas that don’t work. 

Extend DJ. Don’t care if you don’t like the money. It will be a $25M position for the next 5 years between DJ, Pickens, Claypool, and claypools ‘24 draft replacement on rookie deals. 

Kenny isn’t my favorite. But we are in a prime position to build up around him and focus pretty much all draft energy on the defense. 

Yep.

Theyll see who ride or does on the OL and go into next year FA and throw $$$ at a few OL if necessary.

Then use the 2023 draft to rebuild the DL and throw another day 2 pick at a WR.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Screw that d-bag. Insert the less friendly words. Super fraud. Not super genius. 

He now said, "I like getting Pickens. Reasonable risk vs reward. Very talented."

You agree with that right?  

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Week 5?

I been saying that since they promoted him after dumping Fitchner. :/

This forum is gonna be fun

Week 4-5 - “Canada needs to be fired, did we really think James Daniels and Mason Cole was going to fix our running game?”

Its like I can see the future.

Whatever though, we got Pickens. 

4 minutes ago, DR43 said:

He now said, "I like getting Pickens. Reasonable risk vs reward. Very talented."

You agree with that right?  

I couldn't care.  He kept saying that about Juju and Claypool too after making comments about their character.

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

I can only guess but I assume his injuries are the cause of his slide.

Every pick we have made has been a risk.

Go for broke at this points.

Reminds me if the 2008 draft where we essentially went for all upside guys.....and turned out to be an awful draft.

• Like 1