Day 2 Mock Draft

eh3034

Here's my attempt at mocking tonight's results:

ROUND 2

33 - Tampa Bay - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St.
34 - Minnesota - Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson
35 - Tennessee - Bernhard Raimann, OL, C. Michigan
36 - NY Giants - Jalen Pitre, DB, Baylor
37 - Houston - Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St.
38 - NY Jets - Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
39 - Chicago - Logan Hall, DL, Houston
40 - Seattle - Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
41 - Seattle - David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan
42 - Indianapolis - Christian Watson, WR, NDSU
43 - Atlanta - Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
44 - Cleveland - Travis Jones, DL, UConn
45 - Baltimore - Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
46 - Detroit - Christian Harris, LB, Alabama
47 - Washington - Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss
48 - Chicago - Abraham Lucas, T, Washington St.
49 - New Orleans - Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn St.
50 - Kansas City - Skyy Moore, WR, W. Michigan
51 - Philadelphia - Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA
52 - Pittsburgh - Nick Petit-Frere, T, Ohio St.
53 - Green Bay - Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati
54 - New England - George Pickens, WR, Georgia
55 - Arizona - Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
56 - Dallas - Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma
57 - Buffalo - Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan St.
58 - Atlanta - Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota
59 - Green Bay - Trey McBride, TE, Colorado St.
60 - Tampa Bay - Luke Goedeke, OL, C. Michigan
61 - San Francisco - Cam Jurgens, OL, Nebraska
62 - Kansas City - DeMarvin Leal, DL, Texas A&M
63 - Cincinnati - Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA
64 - Denver - Troy Andersen, LB, Montana St.

3rd ROUND

65 - Jacksonville - Joshua Ezeudu, G, North Carolina
66 - Minnesota - Ed Ingram, G, LSU
67 - NY Giants - Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming
68 - Houston - John Metchie, WR, Alabama
69 - Tennessee - Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin
70 - Jacksonville - Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis
71 - Chicago - Drake Jackson, Edge, USC
72 - Seattle - Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St.
73 - Indianapolis - Daniel Faalele, T, Minnesota
74 - Atlanta - Channing Tindall, LB, Georgia
75 - Denver - Cam Taylor-Britt, DB, Nebraska
76 - Baltimore - D'Marco Jackson, LB, App. St.
77 - Minnesota - Nik Bonitto, Edge, Oklahoma
78 - Cleveland - Josh Paschal, DE, Kentucky
79 - LA Chargers - Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma
80 - Houston - Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego St.
81 - NY Giants - Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia
82 - Atlanta - Isaiah Spiller, RB, Texas A&M
83 - Philadelphia - Nick Cross, S, Maryland
84 - Pittsburgh - Jalen Tolbert, WR, S. Alabama
85 - New England - Myjai Sanders, Edge, Cincinnati
86 - Las Vegas - Dylan Parham, OL, Memphis
87 - Arizona - James Cook, RB, Georgia
88 - Dallas - Wan'Dale Robinson, WR, Kentucky
89 - Buffalo - Brandon Smith, LB, Penn St.
90 - Tennessee - Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama
91 - Tampa Bay - Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio St.
92 - Green Bay - Marcus Jones, CB, Houston
93 - San Francisco - Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
94 - New England - Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati
95 - Cincinnati - Darrian Beavers, LB, Cincinnati
96 - Denver - Rasheed Walker, T, Penn St.
97 - Detroit - Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina
98 - Washington - Zamir White, RB, Georgia
99 - Cleveland - David Bell, WR, Purdue
100 - Arizona - Sam Williams, Edge, Ole Miss
101 - NY Jets - Phidarian Mathis, DL, Alabama
102 - Miami - Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky
103 - Kansas City - Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
104 - LA Rams - Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA
105 - San Francisco - Deangelo Malone, Edge, W. Kentucky

9 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Here's my attempt at mocking tonight's results:

ROUND 2

47 - Washington - Matt Corral, QB, Ole Miss

49 - New Orleans - Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn St.

51 - Philadelphia - Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA

55 - Arizona - Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
56 - Dallas - Perrion Winfrey, DL, Oklahoma

`        

3rd ROUND

98 - Washington - Zamir White, RB, Georgia
99 - Cleveland - David Bell, WR, Purdue
100 - Arizona - Sam Williams, Edge, Ole Miss
101 - NY Jets - Phidarian Mathis, DL, Alabama
102 - Miami - Luke Fortner, C, Kentucky
103 - Kansas City - Dameon Pierce, RB, Florida
104 - LA Rams - Sean Rhyan, OL, UCLA
105 - San Francisco - Deangelo Malone, Edge, W. Kentucky

I could see Washington's 2nd rounder happening, but I hope not. Would prefer the list after him. White in the 3rd is interesting but I would LOVE Fortner there. 

41 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Stop giving Tennessee LBs.

It doesn't make any sense.

Evans is gone, Long and Cole are in contract years and both may be gone after this year, Rice is coming off of a major injury, and Cunningham's contract has the poison pill in it to which he'll have to basically be a 1st team all pro for it to make sense for him to not be a cap casualty after the season.  The way I see all of that, LB is a significant need that makes complete sense.

45 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Evans is gone, Long and Cole are in contract years and both may be gone after this year, Rice is coming off of a major injury, and Cunningham's contract has the poison pill in it to which he'll have to basically be a 1st team all pro for it to make sense for him to not be a cap casualty after the season.  The way I see all of that, LB is a significant need that makes complete sense.

Well, the way reality sees it, Evans was superfluous before he left.  Rice's injury wasn't that serious, and Cole doesn't matter.  They're three deep at starters.  Sure, they could take one late, but it doesn't make sense to do it until other actual needs have been addressed.  That's what early picks are for.

They traded their best WR yesterday, and WR was already the biggest need.  No way they just take a fourth LB over WR2/3.  Or a TE.  Or even a dang DB.  All of which go in the next few picks.

It's ok for picks to be wrong.  No one knows every team.  Just don't die on the hill defending bad ones.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Well, the way reality sees it, Evans was superfluous before he left.  Rice's injury wasn't that serious, and Cole doesn't matter.  They're three deep at starters.  Sure, they could take one late, but it doesn't make sense to do it until other actual needs have been addressed.  That's what early picks are for.

They traded their best WR yesterday, and WR was already the biggest need.  No way they just take a fourth LB over WR2/3.  Or a TE.  Or even a dang DB.  All of which go in the next few picks.

It's ok for picks to be wrong.  No one knows every team.  Just don't die on the hill defending bad ones.

You sound just like the Atlanta fans that tore me apart for mocking them Drake London at 8 two months ago.  It is ok to have strong opinions on a team, but don't just ignorantly tear apart someone else's analysis of the team just because it is "your team and you don't agree with them."  This is precisely why the Atlanta fans on here get their picks wrong every single year, and you clearly are as closed minded as they are.  Or the Buffalo guy that says "we love our RT and will never replace him," and proceed to sign his replacement 2 weeks later. Talk about "dying on hills."  There's way too much of that type of closed mindedness on this site, and assuming that this is just "not your team, so you automatically don't know anything."  You may not agree with the pick, but the analysis is absolutely 100% accurate if you take the time to actually digest it.  Maybe they won't take a LB, maybe they will, but I can 100% guarantee you the analysis I provided on the Titans LB position is exactly what the team analyzed as well.

Regarding TE, I have said many times in this pre-draft process that no team has done more homework on the TEs than the Titans, and I guarantee they take one.  Had I continued the mock here you'd have seen the person I've had connected to the Titans for months, Okonkwo, with their next pick, followed by a CB.  I could absolutely see them reaching for Okonkwo here instead because I feel like they love him that much, but I think he'll be there at the next pick, whereas the LB talent will completely dry up between now and then.  You still have to pick the best player, and not pick an inadequate player dictated solely by need.  There are only 3 LBs left on the board that I like for the Titans defense at all, and I expect all 3 of them to go in the 3rd round tonight (Anderson, Chenal, and Jackson).  There's plenty of WR talent to grab one in day 3.  Picking Tolbert, Wan'Dale, or Bell over one of the three previously mentioned LBs, in my opinion, is terrible value.  I also gave them a "dang DB" later in the 3rd round, which I'm sure you stopped reading before you even saw it.

Finally, you talk about what early picks are for.  Well, Green Bay just drafted a backup, rotational DL in the first round (Wyatt isn't starting day 1 over Reed, Lowry, and Clark), who would take over in 2023, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that a team wouldn't use a 3rd round pick for the same thing if the prospect is this good (and in this case Chenal is rated top 50 for me).  Green Bay needs a WR too, and still took a defender that was an intermediate need, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't think "your team" wouldn't at least consider the same.

I'm going to stop replying though because I know you won't understand or even bother to consider the opinion of anyone else, and I've played this song and dance before with Atlanta fans on this site (for over a decade, and almost always been right while they've almost always been wrong in mocking their picks).  The "holier than thou" attitudes of people on here sometimes is just mind blowing.

On 4/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, Daniel said:

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, eh3034 said:

You sound just like the Atlanta fans that tore me apart for mocking them Drake London at 8 two months ago.  It is ok to have strong opinions on a team, but don't just ignorantly tear apart someone else's analysis of the team just because it is "your team and you don't agree with them."  This is precisely why the Atlanta fans on here get their picks wrong every single year, and you clearly are as closed minded as they are.  Or the Buffalo guy that says "we love our RT and will never replace him," and proceed to sign his replacement 2 weeks later. Talk about "dying on hills."  There's way too much of that type of closed mindedness on this site, and assuming that this is just "not your team, so you automatically don't know anything."  You may not agree with the pick, but the analysis is absolutely 100% accurate if you take the time to actually digest it.  Maybe they won't take a LB, maybe they will, but I can 100% guarantee you the analysis I provided on the Titans LB position is exactly what the team analyzed as well.

Regarding TE, I have said many times in this pre-draft process that no team has done more homework on the TEs than the Titans, and I guarantee they take one.  Had I continued the mock here you'd have seen the person I've had connected to the Titans for months, Okonkwo, with their next pick, followed by a CB.  I could absolutely see them reaching for Okonkwo here instead because I feel like they love him that much, but I think he'll be there at the next pick, whereas the LB talent will completely dry up between now and then.  You still have to pick the best player, and not pick an inadequate player dictated solely by need.  There are only 3 LBs left on the board that I like for the Titans defense at all, and I expect all 3 of them to go in the 3rd round tonight (Anderson, Chenal, and Jackson).  There's plenty of WR talent to grab one in day 3.  Picking Tolbert, Wan'Dale, or Bell over one of the three previously mentioned LBs, in my opinion, is terrible value.  I also gave them a "dang DB" later in the 3rd round, which I'm sure you stopped reading before you even saw it.

Finally, you talk about what early picks are for.  Well, Green Bay just drafted a backup, rotational DL in the first round (Wyatt isn't starting day 1 over Reed, Lowry, and Clark), who would take over in 2023, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that a team wouldn't use a 3rd round pick for the same thing if the prospect is this good (and in this case Chenal is rated top 50 for me).  Green Bay needs a WR too, and still took a defender that was an intermediate need, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't think "your team" wouldn't at least consider the same.

I'm going to stop replying though because I know you won't understand or even bother to consider the opinion of anyone else, and I've played this song and dance before with Atlanta fans on this site (for over a decade, and almost always been right while they've almost always been wrong in mocking their picks).  The "holier than thou" attitudes of people on here sometimes is just mind blowing.

Well, the way reality actually happened, Tennessee drafted a LB for the very reasons I mentioned, and they drafted the exact TE I mentioned, in the exact round I mentioned. Sometimes when you listen to others that actually know what they are talking about, you might actually learn something. 

Just now, eh3034 said:

Well, the way reality actually happened, Tennessee drafted a LB for the very reasons I mentioned, and they drafted the exact TE I mentioned, in the exact round I mentioned. Sometimes when you listen to others that actually know what they are talking about, you might actually learn something. 

They drafted an LB with their last pick.

I said they might take one late.

But good job jumping to gloat when you weren’t even right, lol.

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

They drafted an LB with their last pick.

I said they might take one late.

But good job jumping to gloat when you weren’t even right, lol.

Except I was right, exact pick and exact TE, for months. And the LB you said wasn't happening. Good job dying on your hill (your words). It's ok that someone know your team just as much as, if not more than you do. Just take your L.

Edited by eh3034