Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Sometimes he's fine ... last year was not "just fine".

When is the last time he was "fine"?  Maybe it was the Buccs loss?  Again, at home?  He scored 3 points more against the Buccs than Heineke did.  Heineke.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You all don't understand what normal QB play looks like, but you will.

No I will not. Enough good scotch or bourbon will make it hard enough to even work out which of the three TV screens is the real one. Like the big pools winner, who said when asked what he would do after his big win. "I aim to become a full-time drunkard".

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The guy is right in the tier in win% with Big Ben, Wilson, Favre, Steve Young. Before this last game there's nothing wrong with playoff Rodgers.

You all don't understand what normal QB play looks like, but you will.

*Yes Rodgers was bad in his 2021 playoff game*

Well we? I thought the plan was to jump after Rodgers retires and become either chiefs or bills fans … then good QB play will just keep rolling on.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tell me you're a Rodgers' fan and not a Packers fan. 

My first memories of being a  Packers fan were John Brockington and MacArthur Lane, so don't bring that weak garbage to me. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:28 PM, Packerraymond said:

A RAS 10 probably doesn't come along every year, especially at a position of need. 

Had Pickens in the building and didn't pick him, says all I need to know about what they thought.

Teach that boy how to catch.

Watson is an athletic guy, but I don't think he's a 10 RAS guy. Reason being he skipped the agility drills, which would likely be the most difficult drills for a WR as tall as he is. 

6 hours ago, Sandy said:

Rodgers does just fine in the playoffs. 

Yep... He was the best QB in all five playoff games the last three years. 

The Bucs game is the one that irks me a bit. Brady was gifted  great offensive line play, great receiving talent and a big pass rush on defense. And he still almost blew it with 3 INTs and three more pop up INT throws dropped by the Packers. Just image the hate we'd see here if Rodgers played like that- it would be biblical.

Edited by Donzo

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

My first memories of being a  Packers fan were John Brockington and MacArthur Lane, so don't bring that weak garbage to me. 

Nice!

Just before my time but I know the 72-Packers. It's amazing how good that team was with such off the charts awful QB play and the amazingly incompetent Dan Devine as HC. If that team just had an average HC and QB, they go to the SB and get to play that immortal 72-Dolphin team.

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Watson is an athletic guy, but I don't think he's a 10 RAS guy. Reason being he skipped the agility drills, which would likely be the most difficult drills for a WR as tall as he is. 

He had a 4.19 shuttle (which is above average) and 6.96 3 cone (which is really good) at his Pro Day--which gave him 9.96 RAS.

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Nice!

Just before my time but I know the 72-Packers. It's amazing how good that team was with such off the charts awful QB play and the amazingly incompetent Dan Devine as HC. If that team just had an average HC and QB, they go to the SB and get to play that immortal 72-Dolphin team.

I wasn't that lucky I don't think. When I say first memory, it means bits and pieces. I don't have memories of the '72 Playoffs. But I do remember the Brockington, Lane combo. I do remember the Hadl trade and the nightmare seasons that followed. OF course, back then you waited for the Press Gazette to get your daily Packer news. Far from legit or insightful. Skipping school to listen to the Draft on the radio was a cool memory and really tells you how far things have come. Street & Smith magazine (that came out in January) being the Draft bible - lol

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1