Jets Select TE Jeremy Ruckert with the 101st pick

Abe56

Wilson and Ruckert are the first teammates we drafted since...you guessed it....Zuniga and Perine lol.  Before that it was Terrence Ganaway and Robert Griffin.  And finally Nick Mangold and the boar hunter Anthony Schlegel.

I'm too lazy....is there any history of two players from the same offense or defense both get drafted to the same team? Curious if the transition/success is better.

Also....is Ruckert similar to Kittle coming out? I don't remember much from him as a prospect but a good blocker.  Any chance he can be 3/4 of Kittle at his peak?

Phone died during this pick. I never saw the need to draft a TE that early in the draft, but this is a good pick. Especially as a developing TE. We know he's a great blocker, but he has enough twitch in his route running to be a pretty good receiving TE as well. Plus, he's a New Yorker and Jets fan. He's coming in with a different attitude compared to everyone else. 

I have CJ as TE1, Conkilin TE2, and Ruck as TE3. CJ is older, so he would likely be the first to walk at some point. Ruck & Conk would battle it out at some point. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Phone died during this pick. I never saw the need to draft a TE that early in the draft, but this is a good pick. Especially as a developing TE. We know he's a great blocker, but he has enough twitch in his route running to be a pretty good receiving TE as well. Plus, he's a New Yorker and Jets fan. He's coming in with a different attitude compared to everyone else. 

I have CJ as TE1, Conkilin TE2, and Ruck as TE3. CJ is older, so he would likely be the first to walk at some point. Ruck & Conk would battle it out at some point. 

Ruckert has TE1 upside, this season he'll help with blocking and learn from the vets. We have depth, which is a great problem considering last season we had nothing at TE. I really like Ruckert as a player, great blocker and upside as a receiver. Big body guy with good hands, will make those sick 1 handed catches. This could end up being a steal down the rode. 

Ruckert can be a good receiver. He was not used much in that capacity at OSU. I think he will be more like Kittle than any other TE besides McBride. I believe LaFleur thinks so as well since only McBride, Dulcich and Woods were drafted ahead of him. Woods is more of a move TE.

We could have gone LB, but Ruckert is a good FB player. We will be happy with home in a year or two. 

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Ruckert has TE1 upside, this season he'll help with blocking and learn from the vets. We have depth, which is a great problem considering last season we had nothing at TE. I really like Ruckert as a player, great blocker and upside as a receiver. Big body guy with good hands, will make those sick 1 handed catches. This could end up being a steal down the rode. 

I agree and I love the fact he has 2 other TEs he can watch and learn from. I think he will eventually be TE1. It's just when.