Draft Day 3 Thread

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If that is the strategy you don't over draft guys which we did in the first two rounds.

What do we have at linebacker for starters?  Smith could have been one.

Hard for me not to think Butler is Apke 2.0.

I don’t think we over-drafted anyone at all. Dotson was always slated to go in the  20s, so he went at 16, is that really a huge deal or reach? Not IMO. 

Mathis was a really good interior pass rusher at Alabama, he had 9 sacks last year and should replace what we got out of Ioannidis/Settle the last few years. And, there’s no way Robinson was a reach. He’s a very solid RB and may even do enough to start over Gibson or at the least steal carries from him especially in short yardage downs.

Butler is better than Apke. Butler has safety skills & recognition. Apke was/is just a fast athlete, he wasn’t a rangy safety, he was just a fast guy running around as a safety. That’s why he’s been moved to corner & is really just on the team bc he’s a good gunner.

I’d listen/read what @ripsean21 posted and said about Butler. I trust his evaluation as much as anyone, he’s usually right and he made a great case for the Butler pick.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think we over-drafted anyone at all. Dotson was always slated to go in the early 20s, so he went at 16, is they really a huge deal or reach? Not IMO.

Mathis was a really good interior pass rusher at Alabama, he had 9 sacks last year and should replace what we got out of Ioannidis & Settle the last few year. And, there’s no way Robinson was a reach. He’s a very solid RB and may even do enough to start over Gibson or at the least steal carries from him especially in short yardage downs.

Butler is better than Apke. Butler has safety skills & recognition. Apke was/is just a fast athlete, he wasn’t a rangy safety, he was just a fast guy running around as a safety. That’s why he’s been moved to corner & is really just on the team bc he’s a good gunner.

I’d listen/read what @ripsean21 posted and said about Butler. I trust his evaluation as much as anyone, he’s usually right and he made a great case for the Butler pick.

I really appreciate the love Turtle🤙🤙🤙 Apke had a fast forty and traits no instincts of production. This guy is a football player honestly I was shocked he didn’t transfer but he loved his coaches and stayed to finish out what they had built before their coach went to Florida Butler is going to punch for time this season. 

1 minute ago, DCNative said:

Darian Kannard and Sam Howell would be my picks. 

I like it. Hard not to like getting a road grading OG & a talented but raw QB to develop for a few years who in time could develop into a starter but he needs developing in an nfl offense until he’s ready for that.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I like it. Hard not to like getting a road grading OG & a talented but raw QB to develop for a few years who in time could develop into a starter but he needs developing in an nfl offense until he’s ready for that.

Yup. Howell has the talent to be at least a good to great backup imo. A year sitting and learning he would be better than Taylor. Kinnard could be our future RG. 

17 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Burks has been compared to AJ Brown and his tape showed he can run with the ball in his hands. His numbers are just as good as Dotson with a season less than him. Burks is that BiG WR we all want Sims, Harmon, or AGG to become imo. None of those have proven to be reliable as that Big WR we need. 

True, but there’s a chance Burks may not become that guy either. We can’t forget that Cam Sims got hurt last year and missed 3 games when he probably would’ve gotten more snaps bc Dyami Brown wasn’t showing much in October.

I love Dotson, he’s got everything you want in a WR. The only legitimate reason people seem lot to like him is bc they think he’s too similar to Samuel. But, Dotson plays the game a lot like Garrett Wilson, they play bigger than they are. They’ve attack the ball in air, make contested acrobatic catches and are great getting yac after the catch. They run great routes, have great hands and have huge catch radius’s. Dotson will also be our out returner, he was good at doing that at Penn State too.