🏈 Raiders select with pick #122: RB Zamir White

RaidersAreOne

For me I didn’t like the pic at first until I realized

a. that he’s a five-star recruit so he’s talented and probably should’ve got drafted higher if it wasn’t for injuries 

b. We were able to get Neil Farrell right after which was probably the most important draft pick for us this year

• Like 1

Would have preferred Spiller but I trust the professionals over my casual glancing at prospects in comparison.  lol With the Chargers taking Spiller right after I think we've got a team working a plan instead of being worked by other's plans. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

For me I didn’t like the pic at first until I realized

a. that he’s a five-star recruit so he’s talented and probably should’ve got drafted higher if it wasn’t for injuries 

b. We were able to get Neil Farrell right after which was probably the most important draft pick for us this year

I like the pick.  RB value in the 4th and beyond is usually pretty good.  Like you say 5 star recruit who has had injury issues.  If he can remain healthy he will be good value.

Watching a few minutes of highlights he is a hard runner with some good speed.  Kind of reminds me of Chris Carson with more top end speed. 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I honestly like Zeus more than Cook at a prospect. Cook was a 2nd rounder too, I think he was hyped up because of his brother. Zeus more explosive and more physical, Cook I guess is a better pass catcher. 

I’m gonna honestly say that I like cook more than white but I will say I like white as a prospect a lot better than I like Josh Jacobs. And that’s me being completely honest

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I like the pick.  RB value in the 4th and beyond is usually pretty good.  Like you say 5 star recruit who has had injury issues.  If he can remain healthy he will be good value.

Watching a few minutes of highlights he is a hard runner with some good speed.  Kind of reminds me of Chris Carson with more top end speed. 

Right the more you think about it there’s actually a lot to like about this draft pick. Yeah running back is not a value position but when you can get a running back with five star talent on day three that’s completely justifiable. And it seems like they have a very good understanding of the board because right now the people that I wanted kindred and sayler are still available. Another guy I really liked Woolen  is still available too. There is a slickness to the way they are drafting

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right the more you think about it there’s actually a lot to like about this draft pick. Yeah running back is not a value position but when you can get a running back with five star talent on day three that’s completely justifiable. And it seems like they have a very good understanding of the board because right now the people that I wanted kindred and sayler are still available. Another guy I really liked Woolen  is still available too. There is a slickness to the way they are drafting

I agree.  Ziegler is a legit GM.  I can tell already that both Ziegler and JM are not messing around. 

I knew we would go interior Oline with the 1st pick and it appears Parham was very good value there.  We needed a RB with speed and aggressiveness and White fits the bill.  We need a run stuffing NT and Ferrell checks that box.  

Ziegler is doing a good job so far.  Getting good value in areas of need for this team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  Ziegler is a legit GM.  I can tell already that both Ziegler and JM are not messing around. 

I knew we would go interior Oline with the 1st pick and it appears Parham was very good value there.  We needed a RB with speed and aggressiveness and White fits the bill.  We need a run stuffing NT and Ferrell checks that box.  

Ziegler is doing a good job so far.  Getting good value in areas of need for this team.

To me the more impressive thing is how they minimized their ability to mess up the pics by what they did earlier in the off-season by getting the key positions via trade and signing( WR Edge and CB) so that they could focus on more of the easier positions to draft that usually last later in the draft IOL NT and RB. There’s a lot of wisdom in that

• Like 3