Round 4 Pick 132; Romeo Doubs, WR Nevada

Packerraymond

28 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

it's clearly been too much too soon for Doubs. I think he'll be a solid player down the line.

100% this.  Emphasis on Solid though.  I don't really see star here, not that we should expect that given his draft slot.

Already have much higher hopes for him than ESB

20 hours ago, cannondale said:

I'm calling bullsh*t. None of the other coaching staffs are having problems getting their young WR's ready. If Doubs has to be benched and Watson can only go in motion, the coaching staff needs to be fired.

Slightly off topic but related, I truly believe LaFleur is missing Adams as much or even more than Rodgers. LaFleur admitted during TC IIRC that upwards of 75% of the passing game was schemed through Adams at times last season. Without him, I think LaFleur is struggling with how to design a passing attack, especially without a No. 1 WR who can even begin to mimic Adams' role.

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Slightly off topic but related, I truly believe LaFleur is missing Adams as much or even more than Rodgers. LaFleur admitted during TC IIRC that upwards of 75% of the passing game was schemed through Adams at times last season. Without him, I think LaFleur is struggling with how to design a passing attack, especially without a No. 1 WR who can even begin to mimic Adams' role.

His first mistake was designing the offense that way in the first place. Then against SF in the playoffs when Adams was taken away MLF didn't have a clue what to do. An entire off season and half a regular season, and he still doesn't know what to do. And apparently he can't teach the offense well enough to have the receivers run the right routes. 

Edited by cannondale

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yet the offense seemed to be just fine in prior years when Adams was out.  

44 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yet the offense seemed to be just fine in prior years when Adams was out.  

Right. Posted about this before and it's just my 2 Cents but I think with those being isolated incidents (where Adams missed a game here or there) it was probably a bit easier to catch some defenses off guard etc. Now it's the other way around, the offense has gotten worse as the season goes on, maybe a sign that defenses just know what we are (and aren't) at this point.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Right. Posted about this before and it's just my 2 Cents but I think with those being isolated incidents (where Adams missed a game here or there) it was probably a bit easier to catch some defenses off guard etc. Now it's the other way around, the offense has gotten worse as the season goes on, maybe a sign that defenses just know what we are (and aren't) at this point.

Didn't adams miss a few games in a row?

Certainly is something about the blueprint being out on the GB offense.  Again, I think it's multiple aspects.....

-- OL drop-off 

--WR drop-off 

-- QB drop-off

-- scheme issues