Romeo Doubs - 19 catches,  184 yards, 2 TD's

Sterling Sharpe - 8 catches, 152 yards 0 TD 

Randall Cobb - 7 catches, 148 yards, 1 TD

Jordy Nelson - 9 catches, 102 yards, 1 TD

Davante Adams - 9 catches, 79 yards, 0 TD

Antonio Freeman - 3 catches, 59 yards, 0 TD

Robert Brooks - 3 catches, 29 yards, 1 TD

Donald Driver - Inactive

Good start. Also, I know people hate on him now but Greg Jennings was Him. 

34 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

really excited to see him run by some folks.  Continued usage on screens is a given but nice to see him beat man to man deep.

He's not really that type of guy. He ran a 4.5 on his pro day. While he seems to play a tick faster than that, I don't think he's the guy who is just gonna run by CB's on a consistent basis

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good start. Also, I know people hate on him now but Greg Jennings was Him. 

Jennings had Favre. Favre was always great at taking the hit for giving players a shot.

Jennings rookie year with Rodgers would probably have been… 11 catches on the year. I exaggerate, but…

Jennings did have 104 targets his rookie year. Adams had 66, Nelson had 54.

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jennings had Favre. Favre was always great at taking the hit for giving players a shot.

Jennings rookie year with Rodgers would probably have been… 11 catches on the year. I exaggerate, but…

Jennings did have 104 targets his rookie year. Adams had 66, Nelson had 54.

Depth chart matters too. Jennings' rookie season, we had Driver at No. 1 and Ferguson was basically our No. 2 and that's not saying much. Jennings quickly passed him up. 

Nelson was buried behind Jennings, Driver and Jones his rookie season, plus had a first-year starting Rodgers at QB. 

Adams had Nelson and Cobb in front of him (Cobb was still legit then). 

Doubs' present situation is probably closest to Jennings' rookie year in terms of overall opportunity to be out making plays. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

He's way ahead of MVS IMO. Watson is more like a rookie MVS in terms of being an all or nothing player. Doubs is already a better intermediate WR than MVS was in year 4. 

That was kind of covered in my second sentence. He's averaging more YPG than any season of MVS. So his floor is much higher.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

He's not really that type of guy. He ran a 4.5 on his pro day. While he seems to play a tick faster than that, I don't think he's the guy who is just gonna run by CB's on a consistent basis

Wasn't Doubs recovering from some sort of injury?  I thought there was something wrong that was keeping him from really doing drills for a while.

And...his college tape shows the real speed.  He got deep.  He got deep often.

He is that kind of player that can get behind someone.  MVS did it with straight speed.  Doubs can do that with the speed, but it's his routes that set up deep stuff for him, too.

He's just looking pretty special right now.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Wasn't Doubs recovering from some sort of injury?  I thought there was something wrong that was keeping him from really doing drills for a while.

And...his college tape shows the real speed.  He got deep.  He got deep often.

He is that kind of player that can get behind someone.  MVS did it with straight speed.  Doubs can do that with the speed, but it's his routes that set up deep stuff for him, too.

He's just looking pretty special right now.

All the scouting reports had Doubs as a vertical threat. But I think his route running is a little better than the reports suggested. Which, as you said, sets up the deep stuff. He just needs to focus on protecting the ball better.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

All the scouting reports had Doubs as a vertical threat. But I think his route running is a little better than the reports suggested. Which, as you said, sets up the deep stuff. He just needs to focus on protecting the ball better.  

Our receivers over the years have damn near all had ball handling issues.

The next in a long line of very goods.

35 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I figure maybe as he gets stronger and continues developing an NFL body, there will be more ball security. 

I did find it interesting though that this was listed as one of his strengths as a pre-draft prospect: "Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet." Though to be fair, they also mentioned this: "He’ll need to work to get stronger in order to be able to catch passes through contact". 

So...from former NFL players, even Packers, what is the Doubs player comp?

I don't know if I have one.  He's not Jordy.  Not Greg.  Not James Jones.  Got a little Walker in him.  Got a little Adams in him.

So, you need a taller WR that has pretty darned good agility and acceleration to get open quickly.  Power.  And straight line speed to go deep.   ...with iffy hands for now!  :)

42 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if I have one.  He's not Jordy.  Not Greg.  Not James Jones.  Got a little Walker in him.  Got a little Adams in him.

So, you need a taller WR that has pretty darned good agility and acceleration to get open quickly.  Power.  And straight line speed to go deep.   ...with iffy hands for now!  :)

Reminds me of Adams. Just good enough at everything, but his route running is what will separate him from the rest. Excited for him and Watson to develop alongside Love

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

His body and movement really reminds me of Donald Driver a bit