The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

A 6 part mini series of Cap returning the stones would be beyond epic.  Maybe even stretch it to an 8 part so you can get away from 1 stone, 1 show and throw in a few curveballs.  I'd 1000% be on board for that ride.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

A 6 part mini series of Cap returning the stones would be beyond epic.  Maybe even stretch it to an 8 part so you can get away from 1 stone, 1 show and throw in a few curveballs.  I'd 1000% be on board for that ride.

That's insulting to Cap to assume that returning each of the 6 stones had a hitch attached to it. 

• Like 1

I have some news that may upset the lot of you...

It looks like our worst fears since the Disney-Fox acquisition could be coming true after all:

Deadpool 2 director, David Leitch hints that Deadpool 3 could possibly be PG-13 in the MCU.

giphy.gif

Yes, I know they repeatedly said they weren't gonna mess with Deadpool and Leitch didn't explicitly say it would be PG-13, but with Deadpool now officially under the Marvel/Disney banner (which they said any hypothetical R-rated films wouldn't have) and this comment (which he may have intentionally left open-ended to delay the inevitable backlash), I'm more inclined to believe it.

Edited by KManX89

40 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I have some news that may upset the lot of you...

It looks like our worst fears since the Disney-Fox acquisition could be coming true after all:

Deadpool 2 director, David Leitch hints that Deadpool 3 could possibly be PG-13 in the MCU.

Yes, I know they repeatedly said they weren't gonna mess with Deadpool and Leitch didn't explicitly say it would be PG-13, but with Deadpool now officially under the Marvel/Disney banner (which they said any hypothetical R-rated films wouldn't have) and this comment (which he may have intentionally left open-ended to delay the inevitable backlash), I'm more inclined to believe it.

Somehow that article devolved into Hobbs and Shaw talk, lol.

Anyway, i thought Ryan Reynolds only did this whole thing under the stipulation that it would be R rated?  Would he do the movie if it was PG-13?

This is the actual quote:

“It's rated R so that's not necessarily the [MCU] brand but he doesn't necessarily need to be R and [Disney] don't necessarily need to only make PG-13 movies,” the director tells Yahoo Movies UK. “I think we'll find a happy ground.”

I feel like that headline is a little misleading. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They'll do R-rated individual movies and tone him down for team-ups. Pretty easy solution.

That's what I and many others have said should happen. However, the fact that all Fox properties, including Deadpool are now under Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige's control kinda puts that in jeopardy (highly doubt they'd take control of Deadpool just to give him right back), unless they create a Marvel Knights banner or something for their R-rated movies.

Hey, I'd be all for that. Have DareDevil, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Blade and Punisher as part of their R/mature banner that's technically part of the MCU, but pretends like it isn't much like their Netflix shows which Deadpool can easily jump to and from with his 4th-wall-breaking without acknowledging the soon-to-be-rebooted Fox X-Men universe that he was apart of (DP 1 and 2 are considered part of the Fox X-Men verse, hence Juggernaut, Xavier's School and the original X-Men cameos all appearing).

David Leitch also hinted at Deadpool 3 possibly being PG-13. I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen (his comments can be interpreted either way), but it could happen in light of these recent developments.

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

“It's rated R so that's not necessarily the [MCU] brand but he doesn't necessarily need to be R and [Disney] don't necessarily need to only make PG-13 movies,” the director tells Yahoo Movies UK. “I think we'll find a happy ground.”

Like I said above, that quote can be interpreted either way. That can either mean Deadpool will continue to have R solo films and PG-13 crossovers or Leitch trying to warm fans up to the possibility of Deadpool 3 being PG-13, but not explicitly saying it to stave off the inevitable backlash if/when it does happen.

Also, Deadpool and all other Fox properties are now under Marvel Studios' and Kevin Feige's control. They're not gonna be using the Fox brand for any of their acquired properties, and they said earlier any R-rated films won't have the traditional Marvel Studios branding. Deadpool 3's only hope of staying R now is them creating a Marvel Knights banner or something (which they used for Punisher: War Zone and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance). Again, I don't see them moving all Fox properties under Marvel Studios just to give it right back.

Hey, Ghost Rider is getting an adult Hulu series and Nic Cage did recently say he wants an R-rated Ghost Rider film, so it could be a good move especially with Blade entering the fold.

Iger and Feige have both said Deadpool won't be changed and the MCU can handle R-rated movies.

Reports also came out from the shareholders call about exactly what I said: R-rated solo movies and toned down for any team-ups.

• Like 2

I know I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, but I do not want Deadpool in the MCU. 

I hate when movies break the fourth wall, and if I hear him make a joke about Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth or Robert Downey Jr. or make any reference to Edward Norton previously being the Hulk or anything like that, I swear it will ruin the entire MCU for me.

I'll be alright if he addresses the camera because I could convince myself that it's just fitting his character to pretend a camera is there, but I will be pissed if he does anything else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I know I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, but I do not want Deadpool in the MCU. 

I hate when movies break the fourth wall, and if I hear him make a joke about Chris Evans or Chris Hemsworth or Robert Downey Jr. or make any reference to Edward Norton previously being the Hulk or anything like that, I swear it will ruin the entire MCU for me.

I'll be alright if he addresses the camera because I could convince myself that it's just fitting his character to pretend a camera is there, but I will be pissed if he does anything else. 

I fully agree with you. I could see him interacting in the What If stuff though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

They usually tone him down when he appears in other books outside of his own in the comics. I imagine Fiege wouldnt want to shatter the illusion either. 

21 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

They could make his movies rated R which they should be while having him appear in the new MCU. I dont think it has to be that much of an issue depending on how they do his movies.