> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Should we be using both first rounders on defense?

Would be nice to get some more dominant talent over there. 

But it wouldn’t shock me if they go offense at least two of the three picks we have in the top 64. Very much in play to take one of those OTs at #10. Have them play RG til Lane is done. And in the meantime you get an actually capable backup for Lane, so we don’t lose so many games when he’s out.

RB, TE, even WR could be an option too. At 30 or 62.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

But it wouldn’t shock me if they go offense at least two of the three picks we have in the top 64. Very much in play to take one of those OTs at #10. Have them play RG til Lane is done. And in the meantime you get an actually capable backup for Lane, so we don’t lose so many games when he’s out.

I would like to draft someone in the first on defense that can have an immediate impact.  Tired of the long game / developmental draft pick strategy.  Time to have a long term plan for a guy that can meaningfully contribute from day 1.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

Really? How come? I'm still really really high on Myles.

Seems to be a decent number of people out on Myles.

Been a bit since I watched him, but I liked him earlier in the season. I think if character/drive is a plus for them after the process he would turn into a good pro.

Cant wait to see what the plan is with the Defense. At a good point where they can shift schemes if we maybe are getting a new DC.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Really? How come? I'm still really really high on Myles.

I just this vibe from him that he ends up being a good run defender that gets you 8 sacks a year. Like a brandon graham level player. I don't think I want to use 10 on that personally. I mean he should test well so there is potential there for more. I just feel that Devon has a better chance of being a more impactful pro.

39 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I just this vibe from him that he ends up being a good run defender that gets you 8 sacks a year. Like a brandon graham level player. I don't think I want to use 10 on that personally. I mean he should test well so there is potential there for more. I just feel that Devon has a better chance of being a more impactful pro.

Yeah I get the hesitation for drafting another one of those guys if you think that’s his ceiling.

There is zero chance, imo, we take a Quez upgrade in round 1 or 2, but I could see AT Perry/Rashee Rice/Rakim Jarrett in the 3rd.

Something like:

1 Witherspoon or Gonzalez or Porter Jr - CB
1 DL
2 RG
3 WR
7 RB
7 P

Edited by Jeezla

23 hours ago, Kiltman said:

No chance we go RB at 30.  I doubt 62 be def not 30.  It’ll never happen.  

15 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think if Bijan is available itll be very tempting to add him to the offense. Most Likely would be BPA around then. 

Not at 30.  No way.  Hell, do any of us think that we’re going to stand pat with those two 1sts?  You know darn well, Howie is going to move around.  

1 hour ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

No chance we go RB at 30.  I doubt 62 be def not 30.  It’ll never happen.  

I think after valuing the lines, a consistent of Howie 2.0 has been breaking his trends. We’ve discussed it a lot here previously about the value they had for Christian McCaffrey in 2017.

Bijan is in a very similar mold coming out. 3 phase back. So could certainly see them valuing that at 30 in a supposedly light year talent wise in the draft.

RB fifth year option is also not super high, so if they want a cost controlled option for a while there is a little value bump there.

I’m much more in the 62 camp for RB, but I just wouldn’t 100% rule our Bijan if he’s there. That’s all.

As I was saying the move could just be crank up the offense as much as possible. Maximize what they can do.

20 minutes ago, 4for4PhillyFan said:

Not at 30.  No way.  Hell, do any of us think that we’re going to stand pat with those two 1sts?  You know darn well, Howie is going to move around.  

yeah the chance of us picking at 10 and 30 is pretty slim. One of those top guys drops could move up, or get some value from a team trying to get that 5th year option on a guy.

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <