> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I didnt say that Stetson would be good in the NFL. I also don't think Ian Book will be good in the NFL.

Stetson Bennett is 5'11" 190 LBs, will be 26 this year, and put up good (not great) numbers with beyond elite talent around him.

He shouldn't sniff an NFL field.

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Trash quarterbacks get drafted all the time, I don't understand why this is such a debate right now. It's worth taking a shot on someone late and hoping they pan out into a serviceable backup. 

I would take Malik Cunningham or Thompson-Robinson late.

Just run like crazy if they ever have to play.

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

Stetson Bennett is 5'11" 190 LBs, will be 26 this year, and put up good (not great) numbers with beyond elite talent around him.

He shouldn't sniff an NFL field.

This is simply just incorrect. Just because he probably isn't a future NFL starter doesn't mean he won't have value to a club. Regardless of how or why he won in college, he won... a lot. He will have his shot to prove he can be a depth player in the NFL.

55 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is simply just incorrect. Just because he probably isn't a future NFL starter doesn't mean he won't have value to a club. Regardless of how or why he won in college, he won... a lot. He will have his shot to prove he can be a depth player in the NFL.

ok, maybe they can bring him in as a motivational speaker.

That's cool I guess.

He's a product of everything around him. Hell even Tim Tebow made more sense in the NFL than Stetson Bennett.

I’m 100% down to take a QB this year, would be nice for it to be later and we get a vet on a buoy year. (Low cost, come in as back up, win the game or two you might be needed and get a better shot elsewhere next year because of it)

They probably shoulda done that last year to push Minshew, who kinda sucked.

I don’t see a relatively high pick for a QB this year. Howie will bring in a competent vet. They know how important the QB position is. They might get someone to groom into a backup role. But they need a more trustworthy QB to backup in case Hurts goes down. Can’t trust that to some 5th round rookie. It’s one position where they usually keep some ammo at. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Howie will bring in a competent vet.

Every team should have 3 QB's tho, as the 49ers just showed us. Wily old vet as the #2 QB, late round developmental rookie as the #3. Max Duggan would work too, but Stetson probably had the 4th best arm at the combine after Stroud/Richardson/Levis. That's all I really want out of my #3 QB, a big arm that can throw accurate deep balls, and hopefully he can move around better than no ligaments Carson Strong.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Every team should have 3 QB's tho, as the 49ers just showed us. Wily old vet as the #2 QB, late round developmental rookie as the #3. Max Duggan would work too, but Stetson probably had the 4th best arm at the combine after Stroud/Richardson/Levis. That's all I really want out of my #3 QB, a big arm that can throw accurate deep balls, and hopefully he can move around better than no ligaments Carson Strong.

Hard disagree.

Very few instances in the last 2 decades have resulted in the 3rd string QB being necessary in a meaningful game. Suggesting otherwise is reactionary. Now if you want to bring in a draft pick from like the 7th round e.g. Purdy, or an UDFA and leave him on the Practice Squad until 1 of your first two guys gets hurt, I get that.

I think it’s worth taking an interesting guy late. Kick the tires, sometimes you get a hit and you can move the vet. Either trade him to a team with an injury or rework his deal to cut him to pursue other ventures and save yourself some money.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Hard disagree.

Very few instances in the last 2 decades have resulted in the 3rd string QB being necessary in a meaningful game. Suggesting otherwise is reactionary. Now if you want to bring in a draft pick from like the 7th round e.g. Purdy, or an UDFA and leave him on the Practice Squad until 1 of your first two guys gets hurt, I get that.

I prefer a 3rd guy with upside in case the #2 looks like a number 2. Ideally the #3 is on the PS/were a 5th rounder or later, but also have more physical upside than a Mike Kafka.

Edited by Jeezla

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <